NT how much do you pay for rent/mortgage monthly?

I stay in san jose, rent is $1,325 a month for a one bedroom 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

If making 40k, how much should one look to pay for rent?

I hear that you should try and keep your rent/mortgage to about 25%-33% of your monthly income but it depends on your other financial obligations. Do you have students loans, debt, car note, etc? Is that 40K before or after taxes?

425 + 20-50 in utility overages . in a "melrose place" that is by every college pretty much ya kno that bad neighborhood that advertises like student housing but isn't really student housing. Jacksonville
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

re-read the last thing i wrote... currently in the process of refinancing.

but yeah, i'm basically underwater... house has lost value pretty much since the day i moved in 4 years ago.

only way you are gonna refi its if you have a fannie mae or freddie mac loan. we have more options to help people that are underwater aslong as you still pay ur mtg on time.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

re-read the last thing i wrote... currently in the process of refinancing.

but yeah, i'm basically underwater... house has lost value pretty much since the day i moved in 4 years ago.

only way you are gonna refi its if you have a fannie mae or freddie mac loan. we have more options to help people that are underwater aslong as you still pay ur mtg on time.
yeah, it's backed by fannie mae.  companies have been a little wary about the new HARP rules.  it's been hell trying to get a refi because the value has decreased, even though my credit is perfect and i've never missed a payment.  looks like the best i'll get is 4.375%.  still, compared to 6.25% i should be able to save $200-300 a month.

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by JJ1223

If making 40k, how much should one look to pay for rent?

I hear that you should try and keep your rent/mortgage to about 25%-33% of your monthly income but it depends on your other financial obligations. Do you have students loans, debt, car note, etc? Is that 40K before or after taxes?
At 40k I'd look for a roommate to split rent with...depending on the area you're in, I think you're around where I'm at
nerd.gif
rent is around 6-900/mo for a decent 2 bedroom

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by theekinqq

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

What side of town? I'm looking for a new spot.

my rent is 680 for rent but with utilites it usually comes out to about 730-740.
?
What?
sorry, i was asking for more detail on the 525$ rent, regarding location

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Does that include utilities? Where is the location?

Yes and I have a fixed PG&E bill which is nice. I never have to worry about conserving electricity and I can leave the heat on all day long. And I live near Japantown area but I am on the Western Edition side on Fillmore. Good hub to get to all other districts by bus.

Not bad. I wish I can find something like that. Finding a place in SF is tough. Craigslist is a Zoo. 
I wanna move to the bay area so bad. Prices are horrific though! 
I pay 555 for a 1br/1ba 850 sq. ft (utilities not included)

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in Metro Detroit and my rent is $825/mo + utilities, and my security deposit was $800. Rent is fairly high but it's a really nice little complex and they do every screening possible so I'm one of the youngest in my community.

As far as the security deposit, it's usually a full months rent and you're gonna get that wherever you go. Just make sure you agree to what the deposit includes and doesn't include because I got screwed over at my last place with the term "normal wear"

$700/mo each isn't bad especially if your friend is covering all the utilities for you guys
thats not bad, where in metro is it if you dont mind me asking, my girl used to have a place in clinton twnshp for 630/mo utilities included 2br and it was a sick place/location the only reason why im not there now is because clinton twnshp isnt close to anywhere i need to be, and honestly you couldve got a town house with water included for 50 bucks more but i guess it depends on where you want to live
honestly op you should do research in your area and ask people who rent/own in your area because i can get a sweet deal here in MI but the guys in CA would have to pay almost triple or more to get what i get here in their area, then you have to look at the quality of the place you're going to stay and all that, and yea 1st months rent and a sec deposit is the norm, usually the sec deposit is as much as the first months rent, honestly i wouldnt want to rent a home, i would go for a town house, it might not be that much more 

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

980 for my half of the rent with my bro in this 2bed 2bath with washer dryer unit:
000000088524.jpg

Rent includes trash and water.  Even with the washer dryer, awesome layout and being right next to Bart/Trader Joes/Costco/Starbucks/Cleaners, it's a lot for rent I know.  
where is this?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by slickp42189

thats not bad, where in metro is it if you dont mind me asking, my girl used to have a place in clinton twnshp for 630/mo utilities included 2br and it was a sick place/location the only reason why im not there now is because clinton twnshp isnt close to anywhere i need to be, and honestly you couldve got a town house with water included for 50 bucks more but i guess it depends on where you want to live

I'm in Shelby literally right off M59. I originally moved in with my girlfriend so it was $4xx a month but we broke up and I gave her the boot
laugh.gif

It's not bad, but there are a lot cheaper places. Mines nice though, they do background checks and income requirements so I don't have to worry about the %$%% that goes on in some of the lower priced places. My neighbors are all really quiet and don't mind when I have friends over and get rowdy
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

$850 + utilities and laundry. Street parking. 750sqft 2 bedroom 1 bath. Chicago
Deposit was $1700 + $500 more for my dogs.

Originally Posted by wcghost

(East) San Jose, CA

$275/mo = ALL utilities included + free food from landlord & his wife.

If you're wondering why it's so cheap, lets just say it comes unexpected with all the murders, stabbings, robberies and chases that've been going around recently.
Uh Wait Wut ?
laugh.gif
 you living like yall family.

nevermind the inner city statistics.

damn, it's unbelievable what some of you pay for rent in the big cities. my mortgage is 850 a month, haven't gotten any utility bills yet. but yeah i have a 4 bedroom 3 bath and 2 kitchen house. i live alone too, i should probably get a room mate and get them to pay my mortgage lol

Back
Top Bottom