NT, How Much Do You Tip Your...Bartender?

1$ per visit to the bar. Unless you are ordering mad drinks, then you should throw up some extra bread.

Tipping big doesn't really get you anything special. Being consistent and not a being jackass gets you free drinks. I've had more free drinks thrown my way for being chill with the bartender than I did for tipping heavy.

As a bartender, dudes who tip big and act like big shots don't get love from me, they get the "Good look" and kept it moving.

Plus, it depends on how packed the place is. I imagine you guys don't go to a lot of dive bars, you don't seem like the type. That being said, I will never tip big at a party bar, man dudes is pouring drinks, it's stressful, but the volume is crazy. I tip a dollar a drink, I get five drinks, thats five from me, and smart bartenders don't charge for some drinks, especially on busy nights. You multiply that by 50 people, that is $250, and thats on the low end.

Now, if I'm at a bar with like ten people, I'm more inclined to tip a little more.
Then you tip $2 dollars??? LMAO

Trust me - tipping BIG 1. gets you recognized and better service 2. bartenders at bars will remember you and come to your aid quicker 3. depending on the type of dude you are, for the most part it will get you their number and future laids.

Im not saying that will happen to everyone, but I seen it .. can give you a list of bartenders in local spots in Queens.

Lastly, I'm not saying that all you need is money, but like you said, if you are chill hold a good conversation and are half way appealing > your good attitude.

After Reading This Thread, Apparently I Tip Too Much
laugh.gif
I doubt it - after reading this thread, I thought they were just cheap. LMAO

But then again, I guess a dollar a drink or a go around is the standard. 

I just feel mad awkward an embarrass to pay for 2 drinks ($16) dollars and pulling 3 dollars or 2 dollars back. LMAO .... like seriously?

It should be at least a dollar each time.

Bartenders remember good tippers/nice people. Don't think if you throw a bartender a five, you can act like a total jack *** and expect to get great service.

If it's a busy bar/club kind of place, a dollar a drink is fine. If it's a slower bar/restaurant/etc. and they'll be able to remember you, throw down a nice tip and if you frequent the place often, it should come back around to you.

All I drink is jack and coke at bars, when I order my first drink I usually tip $5-$6but I make sure to give it directly to the bartender give her a nice little smile say something to make her laugh and 8/10 times the drinks thatfollow are always on point.more jack than coke.

Now if its a dude iI just throw him $1-$2

Bartenders remember good tippers/nice people. Don't think if you throw a bartender a five, you can act like a total jack *** and expect to get great service.

If it's a busy bar/club kind of place, a dollar a drink is fine. If it's a slower bar/restaurant/etc. and they'll be able to remember you, throw down a nice tip and if you frequent the place often, it should come back around to you.

Couldn't have said it better. Never understood people who don't tip :lol: what's the harm in an extra buck?

I laugh at the dudes who tip big for female bartenders like its impressing them. You're doing exactly what they want lol.

FYI most places pool tops and then divide them "evenly" amongst all the people working the shift.

Last edited:

Couldn't have said it better. Never understood people who don't tip :lol: what's the harm in an extra buck?

#POOR

Mimi's had a good $%% chicken salad wrap if I remember correctly.

On topic - I usually tip a dollar for every drink I order.

It depends on the type of place I go to. If the bar is packed and super busy and I know I'm going it be there all night, I'll order a few drinks and leave a $10-$20 tip off the bat. I stick to the same bartender for my next round and leave my card to start a tab for the rest of the night. When I settle up I usually leave 20-30 percent depending on service. You would be surprised how much free drinks I've gotten doing this :lol: :pimp:

If you're not going to tip well at least be friendly and respectful when ordering your drinks.

how many free drinks yall get? only asking because im not a big drinker to the point where il be even getting up to the free drink stage

IMO bartenders are in a position where YOU need them, not the other way around.  The bartender has full control of your night.  He has the power to get you as intoxicated as possible, has the power to leave you with little to no buzz after drinks, or even has the power to en your night early by completely cutting you off.  From my experiences, you can NEVER go wrong by taking care of your bartender.  $1 a drink I say is acceptable.  But as cubanref stated...depending on how busy it is and if you plan on staying a long time drop the bartender a $20 on the first round and the large crowd hovering the bar will suddenly disappear when you show up for the next round.  Bottomline, take care of your bartender cause again...he/she is in control of your night.

In DC a simple Rum and Coke can easily run $12+. When the drinks are marked up that far I'll put down $1 per drink but that's about it. Really good service or more reasonable drink prices and I might put up a little more depending on how I feel.

So what are we talking about tipping at an open bar or a bar/club where Markers and Coke is $14 maybe $6/8 at some college bars. On beer I think about tipping $2 every other trip  and on mix drinks I tip $3. But this all depends on if i am tipping each time or I am leave a tap at the end.

Lets talk about what the biggest tap you had?

Whats the biggest tip at the bar/club you have given?

My biggest tap has been $been 110 for two

and the biggest tip $20 maybe $25

Back
Top Bottom