NT I can't Swim VOL. help me

ins

So i grew up in the city and never learned how to swim. 
My bros and I are going on a trip to Jersey post graduation and we are going to a lake house. 

Is there anything you recommend/ places i should go like the YMCA to learn how to swim. 

Mind you i have like two weeks until the trip.

are you black?
nerd.gif

The best way is to ask one of your friends who knows how, to teach you.  My friend taught me when I was a kid and it took like 10 minutes to learn.  As long as you know how to hold your breath underwater, then you should be good.

I am Cape Verdean so I am Black. I just never leaned......... any youtube videos?
roll.gif

Go to YMCA and jump in the deep end. Kick the %%+@ out of your feet and If that dont work then RIP.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

YNS

roll.gif

fresh2deff wrote:
Go to YMCA and jump in the deep end. Kick the %%+@ out of your feet and If that dont work then RIP.

roll.gif

I'm black and I know how to swim.
Defeating stereotypes.
pimp.gif

Imvictor: that post and gif may be the one of best posts on NT of all time. Perfect usage of gif.

I don't even remember not knowing how to swim since I've always had a boat. Learn to float. That way if you get tired from swimming you can just chill. Lay on your back and keep your lungs full of air and that's really all there is to it.

breh *@$???

i swam 8 years.

basically learn how to tread water and kick your feet.

when i learned back when i was 6 years old... i would go to the 3ft water end. i will than put my feet against the wall and kick myself forward.

i miss swimming. use to do swim meets and all too during that 8 year.
we are the same INS. Who are u 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

The key to learning to swim, is to overcome the drowning fear. When a kid learns they don't really think about that, but for an adult its tough. You have to learn, how to stablize the air pressure in your nose, so water doesn't shoot up. Once you do that, your body will relax, and you'll be able to focus on learning how to float. Humans naturally are buoyant in the ocean bc of the salt, but pools n lakes we sink a lil. Next you have to learn to tread water, and you do that by, kicking your legs in a rhythmic pattern, and that will keep you above water, once you put that all together you can just kick your legs and use your arms like a frog, an glide thru the water. and you can swim the same way underwater. Don't worry about learning, traditional strokes, like freestyle, back, butterfly etc. As long as you can glide thru the water you're good.

Back
Top Bottom