NT, I just got my first CC. Is this good?

My limit is $1,000. Granted this is my first credit card after waiting to get one because I didn't want to be irresponsible with. I'm going to activateit tomorrow and build it by only buying small things and paying my bill on time. Is a 1k opening limit any good at all? Its Capital One.

$1k is good enough.

Also, keep this in mind:

"...only buying small things and paying my bill on time...."

is easier said than done.

Originally Posted by RFX45

$1k is good enough.

Also, keep this in mind:

"...only buying small things and paying my bill on time...."

is easier said than done.

ALOT easier. Im learning the hard way right now, being 18 at one point in time with a credit card FTL. Im 21 now still paying them off.

Don't listen to them the way to build credit is by maxing it out and using another card to pay for the first when you can do that with about 5 or 6 thenyou doing it,

Just kidding don't mess it up that the last time youll have a good credit score.

My first cc had a limit of $300. This was in my freshman year, I just used it for shoes and paid off when I get the statement. A good rule of thumb isdon't spend more than what you have in your checking account.

they gave me a 750 limit. i only use it for small stuff. and i always pay it off before i use it again.

large_cc-sabathia-yankees.jpg

Seriously though, post your card number or I'm calling ducktales.

Originally Posted by chagocal

Originally Posted by bkmac

don't forget the expiration date or he could be making it all up.
dont forget the numbers on the back , just to be sure

I got Capital One, i thought the same thing about buying small stuff but once i hit the stores i couldnt help it. My limit was 500 and it went up to 700. Nowthats what i have to pay. Dont get to carried away.

I would stay away from Cap. One like the plague. They're notorious for changing their policies on a whim. If I were you, I would cancel that cardimmediately (since you only have a couple days of credit history with them) and apply for a card through your credit union. I've had my "studentcard" for 7 years now and my limit is still $1000 (only b/c i've never requested an increase). They have never changed the policy on me, neverincreased my interest rate, and never given me a hard time. PLEASE do yourself a favor and drop Cap. One quickly.

Credit cards are fine as long as you don't spend more than you actually have. Although this is the point that most people have trouble with.

Originally Posted by j671

Originally Posted by chagocal

Originally Posted by bkmac

don't forget the expiration date or he could be making it all up.
dont forget the numbers on the back , just to be sure

IM SORRY BUT.............................

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom