**NT I need your feedback, am I getting a good deal? Vol. Fairlady **

I use to have an 01 Acura CL until I recently found out they had changed the mileage. My budget for a car is 7k or less and I found this 1993 300zx for $6900. 
The car only has 76,000 original miles and is well maintained but I wanted to know what were the risks of buying a car from 1993.

the car fax would have to be good. also is it TT? i would honestly lowball him for 5500.

If they got you on the miles with the 01 what makes you think theyre not lyin bout the amount of miles on a 93?

EDIT:
I dont like the fact there are diff component speakers and another head unit in there either. Not cuz theyre worse than the OG but a cat who did that would be way more likely to @+$% with other +$$*, plus that equipment is garbage.

It doesnt look like there are chips in the paint on the bumper either, in the pics at least. If thats the case check out the quality of the paint job on it. A %@+%@% one would prob make me pass instantly, it has to be repainted pretty damn well for me to have faith in the person that had it done.

that's a lot to pay for one, especially for a 93 .... Even though their value tends to be inflated at times .... Also most Fairladies that haven't been driven to death tend to be in that 70 - 100k miles range ... so finding one with that amount of miles isn't all that rare

Is it a turbo, btw I would try talking them down to 5 grand if you really want it, since around that price is what I've seen that yr go for and the ones that have been tuned, with rims and what not go in the 7 - 10k range

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

If they got you on the miles with the 01 what makes you think theyre not lyin bout the amount of miles on a 93?

EDIT:
I dont like the fact there are diff component speakers and another head unit in there either. Not cuz theyre worse than the OG but a cat who did that would be way more likely to @+$% with other +$$*, plus that equipment is garbage.
yeah the Carfax is perfect on this one, trust me I learned my lesson after the Acura. 
Everything is original on the car except for the speakers and head unit which I would have probably changed anyways.

From talking to the guy I'm confident I can get the car for a little over 6k.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Convertable? Ehhhh... I love my Nissans, but go for the T tops, and thank me later...
I know dude but I need a car by this week. I just started college and I need some sort of transportation. It's either find a car soon or go to an auction on Thursday.
Anybody have experience with auctions?

go for it. looks good to me
laugh.gif

How long ago has the car been imported ... Btw at an auction you're gonna be paying a bit more than what you see on CL. Anything that's actually worth something is going to have a dealer bidding on it and don't get carried away with your bidding because at most auction places you gotta add at least another grand for tax title and license as well as auction fees

The thing about auctions is that since there's like a $350 dollar fee just to get in, I think i'll feel obligated to buy a car no matter what.

To answer fac3's question they've been imported since 1990 but what difference does it make?

idk fam I wanna pull the trigger but it could end up costing me.. this car is as old as me 
laugh.gif

^^ i know. that's the same reaction i get from everybody. As lame as it sounds my dad isn't letting me get a manual car. (he's putting down 6k)

I told him how I would save gas and how it would keep me from falling asleep while driving but he says i'm not experienced enough. It sucks not really having control over your own car.

Back
Top Bottom