NT, I purchased a brand new house! Pics inside!

congrats
pimp.gif

Congrats man. Buying a home is one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do. 3600 sq ft is huge. Do you have a family, or is this space all for you? I have trouble filling my 1250 sq ft condo. I can't imagine having to fill something 3 times the size!

Thanks for the compliments. I made this thread to show that it could be done. I had dreams just like everyone in here. You have to live below your means. I won't disclose each detail on how to acquire currency. If you're good at something, don't do it for free.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

You saved $150k in 2 years? So at age 22 you were SAVING $75k a year? I mean...that puts you at over $100k/year take home salary.

I've seen this question asked a lot in the thread...what DO you do?

I had been saving way before that. I saved almost $30k by the age of 16. I got into stocks seriously in 2008 and have been trading ever since. I still swing trade, but not much day trading. I also have my own ATM business that has done REALLY well for me. I've had great returns with stocks, but very high risk. I used the profit and went into the ATM business and had 10 ATMs at one point. Now only have 6 at high traffic locations.
Oh crap! I remember your ATM thread. Congrats OP

Thanks for the compliments. I made this thread to show that it could be done. I had dreams just like everyone in here. You have to live below your means. I won't disclose each detail on how to acquire currency. If you're good at something, don't do it for free.
HOLY &*(*&(* I live a street down from you
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

Yes, I am salty and jelly OP!

You must have wealthy parents to start out with stocks!
wink.gif

Nope, my parents came here from Pakistan in 1992 with barely $1k. I learned the value for a dollar at a very young age. I plan on teaching my kids the same thing.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Congrats man. Buying a home is one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do. 3600 sq ft is huge. Do you have a family, or is this space all for you? I have trouble filling my 1250 sq ft condo. I can't imagine having to fill something 3 times the size!

Thanks man! Moms lives in her own condo and pops is currently in Dubai for business. As of right now, it will be myself and my younger brother since his college is near by.

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

You saved $150k in 2 years? So at age 22 you were SAVING $75k a year? I mean...that puts you at over $100k/year take home salary.

I've seen this question asked a lot in the thread...what DO you do?

I had been saving way before that. I saved almost $30k by the age of 16. I got into stocks seriously in 2008 and have been trading ever since. I still swing trade, but not much day trading. I also have my own ATM business that has done REALLY well for me. I've had great returns with stocks, but very high risk. I used the profit and went into the ATM business and had 10 ATMs at one point. Now only have 6 at high traffic locations.
indifferent.gif
how in the %*&% you save 30k by the age of 16
I definitely need to know too.  Every birthday card filled with cash put into a savings account? Were you getting $500/ birthday after having invited the whole neighborhood over? Did you return material gifts for straight cash?

Some more pics. I will also update my orginial post with them.

Guest bathroom standing shower. Will install glass doors as construction progresses.

mtb8yo.jpg

Laundry room. Moms suggested installing cabinets above the washer and dryer.

30tgd3q.jpg

Clutch move on the cabinets above the washer/dryer. You, your future wife, maid, mom, whomever, will be eternally grateful.

Im 21 and saved a money amount that is close to my age. This thread is inspiring I wish I could afford a house at 24 but I'll have to rely on my college degree I hope to get one day to gain more cash. But it's true what op says you have to know the value of a dollar. Just because your young doesn't mean you have to blow your money.

Back
Top Bottom