NT im about to purchase a bike.. School Me. Vol. DIRTY where you at?

honestly, i think you should start out with a Kawasaki 250R unless you want to get hurt/get your bike stolen

Also to the OP, if you know any of your friends that are looking to ride, or any beginner riders like yourself team up with them. Ask them for advice and whenyou get comfortable on your bike after the first few times out, try to start riding with them. You want to ride with people that are at the same level as youjust about. Not saying you can't ride with somebody that been on it for few years or so, but you don't want to feel pressure when your out thereriding is someone is more experienced than you. Also, riding with a friend or friends will make your riding experience more enjoyable.

If I wasn't 98% sure that I would kill myself, I'd have a bike by now.

But I am too reckless.

smh.gif
frown.gif

I have ridden dirt bikes for a couple of years, so I have the motorcycle basics down. Should I still take the MSF course just for insurance benefit?

Also, how many miles is too many on a used sport bike? I was looking at a few with over 20,000, which is fine, but I don't want to have it die 5000 milesafter.

^depends on your insurance.. call em up and ask if they offer a discount for taking and passing the MSF course.

Also, how many miles is too many on a used sport bike? I was looking at a few with over 20,000, which is fine, but I don't want to have it die 5000 miles after.

20,000 miles is a bit too much for me, I wouldn't go for anything over 5,000 miles personally.

This thread has been great.. Can someoneschool me as to what "CL" is? I keep hearing I can go to "CL" and find used bikes... lol im anoob man!

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

This thread has been great.. Can someoneschool me as to what "CL" is? I keep hearing I can go to "CL" and find used bikes... lol im a noob man!
I'm guessing Craigslist. At least that's how I've always interpreted it.

This thread has been great.. Can someoneschool me as to what "CL" is? I keep hearing I can go to "CL" and find used bikes... lol im a noob man!
Craigslist homie.

Wow...4000+ posts and you still need help on the internet abbreviations??
smh.gif
tongue.gif

For real man, we've talked about this already. Take the class, call you know who, let him show you the ropes and get you what you want for the good price.
wink.gif

i've never understood why people wear shorts when on a bike. there is always the chance of falling.. why on earth would you take the chance of more injuryto your body with shorts on?

Thanks for this post...I was thinking of getting a bike but now I'm type scared to. I just wanted one to go to and from work in the spring/summer.

Originally Posted by PoohsFactory

how about the triumph speed triple as a first bike? so far i gather that it is a hooligan bike.
triumph_speed_triple_08-02.jpg

Hooligan bike?
please elaborate.

I'm going to start with a CHEAP USED 300cc this season and next season buy this bike. I love the style, steeze, swagger, call it what you want it's sobad %+* yet light and small.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i've never understood why people wear shorts when on a bike. there is always the chance of falling.. why on earth would you take the chance of more injury to your body with shorts on?
if you fall while riding a bike still stradling (sp?), the last thing you are concerned about is road rash. jeans won't help much bud.

like they say
"why the HELL would you go 180 in a 50....your going to kill yourself"
"yes, but you'd also kill yourself going 50"

it's a bikers mind set i guess.....
i'd be scared $%$*%**@ of anything more than 80km/h and that would get me SHOOK, so i'd prob stick to res

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

how about the triumph speed triple as a first bike? so far i gather that it is a hooligan bike.

Hooligan bike?
please elaborate.

I'm going to start with a CHEAP USED 300cc this season and next season buy this bike. I love the style, steeze, swagger, call it what you want it's so bad %+* yet light and small.
pimp.gif
Elaboration provided below.

exposed frame, standard rider position, above average massive amounts of torque.

Hooligan bike?
please elaborate.

I'm going to start with a CHEAP USED 300cc this season and next season buy this bike. I love the style, steeze, swagger, call it what you want it's so bad %+* yet light and small.
pimp.gif

exposed frame, standard rider position, above average massive amounts of torque.

All 'naked' bikes suit that description...
would you say that's a negative image?

Hooligan bike?
please elaborate.

pimp.gif

All 'naked' bikes suit that description...
would you say that's a negative image?

Back
Top Bottom