NT im i about to get scammed? NEED HELP

just got the check and this email today..
Hi,

Hello and how are you doing today,i am indeed very sorry for the late payment,the problem was from UPS...and as a matter of fact our transaction is on  and according to UPS,the check will be delivered to you first thing this morning,Here is the tracking number(j2273934360)And once you get it,i guess you know how to handle everything.But there was a little mistake which i guess we can handle amicabely. When i contacted the account department to know maybe the check has already been sent ,i got to know that there was a misinterpretation while sending the check.The problem occured because, i am paying with my salary and i told them to issue out a check in your name for the amount and the rest will be written in my name for the rest of my salary but all the money was  sent to you.According to the instruction i gave them,they weresupposed to have sent you a check of the actual amount of the (xbox arcade fresh comes with MW2 and turtle beach headset and hdmi c - $200)  but in the process they made a mistake by sending all my salary.They claimed that they thougth i said they should send you a check for the amount of ($2590)But that should not disturb our own transaction,I would have loved to send a new check to you and my shipper,but i am presently out of town cos my mother is very very sick, and i am sure we would both handle this. So this is what i think we would do ,once you receive the check, you should cash it immediately and,Also do deduct $100 for your run around expence, you will easily forward the extra money directly to my shipper in cash immediately through Money Gram or Western Union International Transfer which can be done at any Wal-Mart store around you .Originally,i had in mind to collect the rest of the money and use the money to pay the shipper, since the mover is also picking some other items for me at varoius locations. Pls let me know your schedule so that he will know the best time to come for the pick up and do take good care of goods till he comes.I guess i can confide in you that you can handle it with trust and have it sent to my shipper today. and then have the rest sent to my shipper,cos my shipper is at the moment ready to come for the pickup but needs to get the money first before coming..Here  is my shippers info below......

Name: Margaret Mindi Burney
Address: 23 west coast avenue
City: Calhoun
State:Ga
Zip code:30701

He is due to be back in your location anytime from now and has informed me that the only thing holding her up is the shipping funds.Afterward i will require the following information from you........

1:Sender's name and address used in sending the money
2:The MTCN number or REFERENCE number on either the western union
reciept or money gram
3:Actual amount sent.

Pls also email me the best time you want my shipper to come for the pick up and your  map quest for easy way for my shipper to know your house asap...
***Please note that you will be paying whatever the western union or money gram charges to send the money from the excess fund***
Thanks.

very first few sentences sounds like a nigerian scam.. they get locals involved to drop ship items. its all an intricate design. go ahead and take the risk lol

what they want you to do is cash the check against your checking account. and in 1-2 weeks the bank will "take notice" of it being fake and ask for all of the money back or deduct it from your account. But you would have already mailed them most of the money.

What you can do is play along awhile and say that you need to wait for the check to clear or make up all sorts of other stuff that has them waiting and responding to emails.

maybe u should get the authorities involved just incase, or get some sort of written binding contract.

I bet the guy lives in Nigeria...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Moneyright

lol so what could i do with this fake check
You're probably the first dude this has happened to, so the bank won't even know the check is fake and if it is, they'll let you keep the money under the "my bad" clause. 

why does he have a shipper out in GA? I wonder if they know what their getting into. Whitepages.com has some lists for them. Do we dare bombard those people? I bet they are far from innocent.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

what they want you to do is cash the check against your checking account. and in 1-2 weeks the bank will "take notice" of it being fake and ask for all of the money back or deduct it from your account. But you would have already mailed them most of the money.

What you can do is play along awhile and say that you need to wait for the check to clear or make up all sorts of other stuff that has them waiting and responding to emails.
do this to piss them off and keep them waiting on something that isnt going to happen...making scammers rage is extremely
smokin.gif

Does anyone have the link to the Nigerian dude that tattooed himself because he got caught up in the scam, it was lulz for days

Anyways, yall shoulda left him to get scammed. Natural selection

It is obviously a scam

Yes, I've been scammed before and it teaches you a valuable lesson

just have fun with it for awhile.

-You went to cash the check but you have a friend who works as an account flagged it as fake and you're getting the authorities involved with the GA residents.
-You went to cash the check and you were arrested for check fraud on the spot, and you yourself will be keeping the money for all the trouble they caused.
-You simply cashed the check and mailed the money. Have them waiting. (you obviously just burned it up.) now play a blame game with the GA residents being the ones who are lying about not receiving the money. Your word against theirs.
-You cashed the check but the bank told you to wait 4-6 weeks so that they can make sure it's not fake
-Act completely dumb and ask for another payment.. Say you were in an accident with the check inside the car. You crashed off a highway bridge into a river

The longer you hold them up is worth it in the end as they wont be scamming anyone else during that time

yeh i been scammed too on ebay...sucks

i still got dudes name and adress, whenever i go to boston imma get his $$$

Back
Top Bottom