NT I'm Scared Another Earthquake 6.5 Magnitude off Sumatra VOL I Live in Los Angeles

pray for us living in los angeles

[h1]Strong earthquake strikes off Sumatra coast[/h1]
March 5, 2010 2:29 p.m. EST

story.sumatra.indonesia.quake.jpg

An earthquake, centered about 100 miles (165 kilometers) west of Bengkulu in Sumatra, hit shortly after 11 p.m.

(CNN) -- A strong earthquake with magnitude 6.5 struck Friday night in the ocean southwest of Sumatra in Indonesia, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The quake, which occurred shortly after 11 p.m., was centered about 100 miles (165 kilometers) west of Bengkulu in Sumatra, and 215 miles (345 kilometers) south of Padang, Sumatra, the USGS said.

The center was 13.7 miles (22 kilometers) deep, the USGS said.

There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not issue a warning after the quake, but said there was a "very small possibility of a local tsunami that could affect coasts" no more than 62 miles (100 kilometers) from the earthquake's epicenter.

"Authorities in the region near the epicenter should be made aware of this possibility," it said.

The Indonesian Meteorological and Geophysics Agency also did not issue a tsunami warning.

hey earthquakes happen all the time, if you are that scared of them then move to a place that is less likely to get one
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mike Francesa

NY>LA

Matt Barkley's overrated btw
Stop it.

Hope everything is good with everyone's families. Stay strong people.

Go to church. BTW I've lived in L.A. all my life and earthquakes are not scarry when they happen.

Originally Posted by JPZx

NY>LA

Stop it.

The funny thing is that I was watching a documentary on earthquakes on the discovery channel and they said that NYC may have an earthquake coming. They come very rarely, the last one being in 1884, but who knows earthquakes are hitting everywhere at this moment.

Originally Posted by syxth element

NY>LA

Stop it.

The funny thing is that I was watching a documentary on earthquakes on the discovery channel and they said that NYC may have an earthquake coming. They come very rarely, the last one being in 1884, but who knows earthquakes are hitting everywhere at this moment.

god forbid new york city were to ever get a big earthquake it would potentially be devastating due to the fact that alot of the buildings are very old and there isn't as much of an emphasis on building stuff earthquake proof like their is in california. 

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by syxth element

NY>LA

Stop it.

god forbid new york city were to ever get a big earthquake it would potentially be devastating due to the fact that alot of the buildings are very old and there isn't as much of an emphasis on building stuff earthquake proof like their is in california. 

eek.gif
That would be crazy. Plus all those people
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom