NT, is the bible a lie?

Cus no man could survive being swallowed by a whale

A man being protected by God can,could,and did.

Originally Posted by no vert

Cus no man could survive being swallowed by a whale

A man being protected by God can,could,and did.
I'll take your word for it because I'm not trying to convert you or be converted.

I won't be trying that whale thing either...

religion and the bible are a joke
laugh.gif

The Bible for the most part (IMO) are just stories aka examples and situations that blueprint how we all should conduct ourselves while on this Earth.

I believe in God. I believe in the Word of God, which is the Bible. There is nothing anyone can do that will change my beliefs, but that's just me. As aChristian point of view, I would say no, the Bible is not a lie.

However, everyone on this planet is different, with different point of views. I think in the end it all goes down to experience through faith. I'veexperienced the grace of the Lord, and therefore I am a believer. Of course, this does not apply to everyone.

It shouldn't be taken literally. It's more of a guide to live you life, it's what you make it to be really. Religion is all well and good as longas you're not hurting anyone.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Quick, definitive answer.

As far as the contents of the bible being factual? Yes it's lies. When it comes to the moral message and how to live your life? That's for you to decide.

I'm a Christian, and I'm gonna pose a question. Let's hypothetically say the Bible is false,what do you lose by living your life by it? No adultery,no stealing so forth and so on. The Bible is a guide to show you how to live your life. And if you life your life by the Bible theres a good chance of you not getting yourself in bad situations. Let's say you break all of the commandments.Look at what kind of trouble you bring to yourself and others.
I don't need a book to know my morals and to tell me that adultery, stealing, and murder are wrong.

Practice what you want, but I personally don't want to invest my time into something so mysterious and unproven.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I'm a Christian, and I'm gonna pose a question. Let's hypothetically say the Bible is false,what do you lose by living your life by it? No adultery,no stealing so forth and so on. The Bible is a guide to show you how to live your life. And if you life your life by the Bible theres a good chance of you not getting yourself in bad situations. Let's say you break all of the commandments.Look at what kind of trouble you bring to yourself and others.
I don't need a book to know my morals and to tell me that adultery, stealing, and murder are wrong.

Practice what you want, but I personally don't want to invest my time into something so mysterious and unproven.
That's exactly how I feel, but my GF is a die-hard Christian
tired.gif
.... I dont think its so bad to follow your life by the book if you choose, but when you start to put "pastors" and "mentors" wordsbefore those who have ACTUALLY been there for you for YEARS, thats where "religion loses me"

I read the bible with my neice sometimes, she likes fairy tales. It's a book of stories and poems where you can learn a lesson not a history textbook.

The Bible is just fabrication and exagerration. I just don't believe any of that...its not possible after all this time and with so many different peoplewriting and putting their hands on it that it has stayed true. No way.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Here's what you do, when you read the Bible, don't take it literally and appreciate how beautifully written it is.
co sign, the bible is an allegory, you dont just read you have to go a little further than that to truly understand its meaning. The bible is abeautiful thing when you are able to appreciate it past just the words on paper.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Here's what you do, when you read the Bible, don't take it literally and appreciate how beautifully written it is.

Co-sign too...always read between the lines....

(Edited after reading the post above ^
wink.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom