NT, is the bible a lie?

I've recently been questioning all of this stuff about Christianity that has been told to me since I was a kid, I know there are a lot of atheists here andcould anyone explain why personally believe that all of this stuff about religion is a big lie?

Cus no man could survive being swallowed by a whale...

I grew up Catholic and tried out different "faiths" or whatever you want to call them. I'm not an atheist, as I believe in higher powers, I justdon't buy into the whole there is only life on this one planet and we are the chosen and God really cares about everything you do stuff.

That and the bible has been around for a long time (supposedly) and no one has tampered with it at all?

smh.gif
... this wont end well

No not all of it. Though the Exodus and enslavement of the Hebrews has no basis in history.

If people of every faith believe their religion is the "right" one, how can anyone be sure which one is right, if any at all?

Quick, definitive answer.

As far as the contents of the bible being factual? Yes it's lies. When it comes to the moral message and how to live your life? That's for you todecide.

These threads don't do anything.

People from both sides of the argument are just going to quarrel for 30+ pages.

Damn it.

If you doubt the bible/Jesus/God then stop questioning it.

Theres always a thread about religion this and religion that.

Believe in what you believe.

I always thought the bible was extremely flawed. The word of God written by the hands of man. Books have been omitted over the years and don't forgetall the things that could've been lost in translation from different languages, and you could only imagine how many passages within the bible have beenchanged to suit whoever's purpose. I don't think it was ever meant to be the literal rulebook on things, but that's what it was turned into

And this is coming from someone who believes in God.

Here's what you do, when you read the Bible, don't take it literally and appreciate how beautifully written it is.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Damn it.

If you doubt the bible/Jesus/God then stop questioning it.

Theres always a thread about religion this and religion that.

What do you mean? I am asking questions to see other people's opinion and piece mine together through that and other things that I alreadyknow.. Before you say it, no i'm not just going to believe what someone else says about it but I am trying to piece things together..

I'm a Christian, and I'm gonna pose a question. Let's hypothetically say the Bible is false,what do you lose by living your life by it? Noadultery,no stealing so forth and so on. The Bible is a guide to show you how to live your life. And if you life your life by the Bible theres a good chance ofyou not getting yourself in bad situations. Let's say you break all of the commandments.Look at what kind of trouble you bring to yourself and others.

I believe in the bible. Many people take a couple of words or books out of it and base Christianity off of it or hate on it. If you need info, researchit.Otherwise.............................
Originally Posted by northparkblind

LamarOwnsem wrote:
If people of every faith believe their religion is the "right" one, how can anyone be sure which one is right, if any at all?

Read and read the Bible over and over. It's called staying in his word and mediating on it. If you are not saved your eyes are closed,once you become savedyou will see things in a new spiritual light.

Back
Top Bottom