NT, is there methods to improve vision naturally?

My vision is slowly getting worse and I would like to know if there are any natural methods of improving it, no lasik. 

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Is there methods?

are there method?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No, there's nothing. Anyone who tells you there is is just a quack.

I sat through a lecture a few years ago where a girl was telling us (a crowd of optometrists) how she had improved her vision by wearing weaker glasses and relaxing her eyes - but she couldn't prove it and hadn't had it measured.

Best part about it was she couldn't read her notes - she had to keep holding them to the light to see what she was saying.

If you have the right visual correction then there is nothing else you can do once you are an adult.

If you're younger - certainly less than 18 and ideally more like 12 there are some myopia control lenses around which have some evidence - but they're not common yet. Hard contact lenses don't do anything - anyone who tells you that doesn't understand the whole story. They have a short term stabilising effect on your vision - but as soon as you stop wearing them then your vision catches up to where it would have been if you'd never started wearing them.

As I understand it you can't improve your vision, but you can save your vision by wearing sunglasses outdoors and by eating your carrots.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

As I understand it you can't improve your vision, but you can save your vision by wearing sunglasses outdoors and by eating your carrots.

I heard there's scientific evidence that this is a myth.  

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Those are sort of true - carrots can't improve your vision but if you have a deficient diet you can ruin your eyes. Chronic alcoholics get a nutritional toxicosis of the retina. A decent balanced diet prevents that - but eating extra vegetables doesn't improve your vision over normal. UV radiation seems to have a lot to do with long term eye problems too - cataracts and macular degeneration would be the main ones. Wearing sunglasses regularly would do a lot to prevent those - and you want to start as young as possible. Antioxidants have a role to play too. Like I said before though that's only about the health of your eyes - and won't do anything to correct a refractive error - which is what most people mean by "improve your vision".

Back
Top Bottom