NT Lawyers and (ex-cons?) lol ... Help me out here.

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida

Two days ago a friend of mine and I met up at a community park and started smoking a jay... Cops showed up and we "disposed" of it. They found it and charged us both with possesion (<20 grams) and Trespassing (both misdemeanors) because neither of us actually lived in the community in which we were caught. 

I'm 18 and this is my first offense. Can't afford a lawyer and Im wondering as to what I can be facing (My court date is set for the 25th of March). Are there any options I can take to make this charge stay off my record? Will I need a lawyer to do so? I'm a senior in High School and don't want this affecting my Future plans. 
ohwell.gif

Thanks in advance for your help.

Petty Charge. You'll prolly get probation before judgement. Pay some fees, do your community service, and your record is clean.

If you can get yourself some moeny to get a lawyer you can get off. At least without a charge.

I put the ganja down 6 years ago, but I've realized looking back that some people are just fools in where they choose to blow. It's like asking to get caught.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A friend of mine was charged with possession and when he showed up to court (properly dressed, well spoken), The judge told him to stay out of trouble for 6 months and the charge would come off his record.[/color]

some people are just fools in where they choose to blow. It's like asking to get caught.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Pause, but Co-sign. [/color]
smh.gif

I dont understand why people smoke in parks when theres so many other alternatives that are less risky

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

If you can get yourself some moeny to get a lawyer you can get off. At least without a charge.

I put the ganja down 6 years ago, but I've realized looking back that some people are just fools in where they choose to blow. It's like asking to get caught.

Youu right. We all make stupid decisions. I can assure you I'm never doing that again. (The public smoking, that is.) 
pimp.gif

Don't trip, you'll be alright. For a first offence that's petty, I'm sure the judge will be lenient. Dress well to the hearing, and don't act ignorant.

OP your a dummy for smoking in a public park and your also a dummy for not swallowing it when the cops showed up.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

OP your a dummy for smoking in a public park and your also a dummy for not swallowing it when the cops showed up.

QFT.  OP, why didnt you swallow it??

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Don't trip, you'll be alright. For a first offence that's petty, I'm sure the judge will be lenient. Dress well to the hearing, and don't act ignorant.

Learn from this experience... you're young, like me, gettin in trouble with the cops is not what you want to do when you get older it can really mess you up..

damn? out here and at my nearest park i could be on the swings swingin away while smokin a blunt and aint nobody sayin +*#!

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

QFT.  OP, why didnt you swallow it??
Pause.

Back
Top Bottom