NT legal experts..Live Nation is trying to screw me over..

ok here is the deal...Earlier today my girl ordered our tickets for the Jay-Z show. She got 4 tickets at 99 dollars apiece, on row 6 on the floor. Thetransaction went smooth, and she paid with her credit card, and received her confirmation number and receipt.
Later this afternoon she got an email talking about that an error had occured and they had undercharged her for her tickets. She called them and they gave herthe option of paying the remainder of the ticket value, 100 MORE dollars per ticket, or having her seats "relocated". Of course she could just gether money back, and not get anything.
So our dilemma is this....
Can they do this? She paid, got her confirmation which read in big bold letters at the top ALL SALES ARE FINAL..aren't they obligated to hold up to thisstatement as well? Because i have a feeling if we choose this "relocate" option they are gonna stick us in 100 dollar nosebleed seats..
What do we do? Who do we contact? LiveNation Acts as if there is nothing that they can do about the issue...

Cliffnotes

Purchased tickets to jay show, got confirmation email and receipt
They tell us they undercharged
Tell us we are basically S.O.L
Can they do this?

my guess is that there was probably some "terms of agreement" check-box or web-page right before it would let her finalize the payment that featuresdozens of pages of legal lingo that probably allows them to do this

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Jay won

roll.gif

There's nothing you can do. Whoever set up the show at the venue you're going too really F'd up. It's actually a lot easier to do then youwould ever think. Obviously not YOUR fault, but neither LN or the Venue will take the L on top price tix going for a cheaper rate. Anyway, if you want 6th row(which you should) you gotta pay the remainder. If you get relo'd they will give you the best seats in that price level, but if the $100 tix are thecheapest in your city, you'll be looking at front row of the nosebleeds. This is one of the worst mistakes a ticketing person can make, believe me, whoeverit is is considering offing themselves right now.

Oh and to answer your question... there is no legal obligation for LN or the Venue to give you the tix you bought at the price you got them, because they areoffering you options to fix this mistake. They might blame TicketMaster or whatever ticketing agent that's being used, but since you're being offeredto keep the original seats you purchased or be relo'd they've done their job legally. The only way they'll lose on something like this is if theyfind it in their best interest customer service wise. But LN is notorious for not caring at all about their customers.

ask where the location of the seats they want to relocate you to is. like anything else im sure if you argue enough you will get to keep them or at least notget bad seats in return

probably nothing you can do about it just take the L. you probably agreed to some terms when u bought the tixs.

Alright, good lookin fellas for those who answered, honestly the way our venue is set up, lower level front row, which is usually cheaper than the floor priceis often better than the floor seats, since they made and error, i would hope they would let us choose where we want to sit before they open up more seats forsale..We will see.. oh and $100 is the third highest right under floor level seats..

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Alright, good lookin fellas for those who answered, honestly the way our venue is set up, lower level front row, which is usually cheaper than the floor price is often better than the floor seats, since they made and error, i would hope they would let us choose where we want to sit before they open up more seats for sale..We will see.. oh and $100 is the third highest right under floor level seats..

You will probably be offered seats that the band or promoter had on hold. This is what I would do if I made the mistake. Go for the relo if you can get firstcouple rows on the first level. As for the floor, if you can get within the first 8 rows it's a whole different feel to a concert than if you're in thelower level.

Back
Top Bottom