NT, let's discuss...What is happiness to you?

For me, it's being content with my current situation...that includes family, friends, school, and myself. Right now, I'm not having the best days of mylife but things aren't too shabby right now and things are looking good for 2010.
smokin.gif

I don't believe happiness can ever be fully attained.

However music is one thing which makes me happy.

I think someone can't be truly happy ever

haven't been happy for more than 1 hour since I hit puberty

but money and ganga light up my heart like Christmas morning

money1w.jpg

Not simply for some materialistic, selfish reason but because money was always an issue growing up. Now that it isn't, it doesn't constrict mylifestyle or my family's in the ways it used to. Money allows me to have the freedom to do what I want, when I want and that makes me happy.

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

You got some bummed dudes in here man.. im happy

Yeah, people have to start living for the moment.

"I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else." That quote's from Dazedand Confused
laugh.gif
but it's a good way to look at life.

Originally Posted by Club29

what ever it is, i dont have it.

I feel you.

I think the problem with this kind of thinking is what you tie happiness with in relation to your situation.

I think the problem with this kind of thinking is what you tie happiness with in relation to your situation.
I'm not sure what you mean but I believe that one can never truly be happy, if you were ever 100% happy than what would you have to strivefor? It's my opinion that we need stress and negative space to achieve a state called 'happiness' which is always temporary regardless.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I'm not sure what you mean but I believe that one can never truly be happy, if you were ever 100% happy than what would you have to strive for? It's my opinion that we need stress and negative space to achieve a state called 'happiness' which is always temporary regardless.

I don't think you have to be 100% happy to be considered in a state of happiness. We're all going to have our bad days but I think it's theopposite of what you said. People that are "truly" happy will experience temporary sadness if you will and once that obstacle is taken care of or outof the way, then the person will once again be in a state of happiness.

Originally Posted by tooflyy

happiness doesnt have a definition like love .

That's why I said, "What is happiness to you?

happiness comes from things that happen to you
joy comes from within...i may not be happy all day everyday but i am always joyful.

with that said a few things that make me happy is knowing i am loved at my best and my worst. my family being at least one call away 99percent of the time andwaking up knowing that every day is a chance to turn any situation into a better one...

i believe happiness walks hand in hand with being content in life...my outlook in life is never be content so therefore i cannot be happy

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

However music is one thing which makes me happy.

i use to think this way until i read the power of now. in a nutshell, the book tells you to stop thinking about the past and future and start focusing on thepresent. i highly recommend people to read it. minus all the references to various religions, it really does help you.

Back
Top Bottom