NT Lets Have A Real Discussion vol. Jordan Flights

Have you ever owned a pair of Jordan Flights?

• Total voters
7F8D8E7D-A3A6-4E5C-B8BD-AE4A396E211C.jpeg

The only jumpmans I ever had. Straight fire

This was like 9th grade for me I think. Took me back haha
Haha yep 7th gradeā€¦I remember I got them when nobody knew what they were. Then Lil Bow Wow rocked them on 106 and Park. Started seeing more and more people on tv with them. That kind of started me getting deep into sneakers. All my friends gassed me up bc I got em first. They had a bred pair that was fire.

My first pair of Jordan Flight was the black/red B'Loyal that I bought for $55+tax back in 2004 or so. I was 19 and working a job that paid $10/hr while going to college.

Yeah that post has validity, but thatā€™s to the common consumer. I donā€™t think anyone from NT is falling into that bucket.

When I worked at a store I was always honest in telling people True Flights are not the 7s, Flightā€™91 were not the 6s, and Son of Mars low were not the 3 or 4. Mind you that was commission, and I still didnā€™t take advantage.

Iā€™ll got off Jumpman Pros. Thatā€™s bout it.

159007D8-033A-4A65-9E4B-FDDE99B0A48C.jpeg
I remember my dad had these in that Knicks colorway. I thought these were decent. Hated the ying yang flip on each shoe. Had no clue these retroed this year. These were hot back in ā€˜03.

5E54A36F-4464-4BEE-B120-310B2C5312CE.jpeg
Jordan FBIs were kinda fire. MJ wore em on court too so that makes em somewhat valid.

It's what you get when you want a jumpman, but don't care about kicks or don't want to pay $200. Like how mids used to be.

No flights that i recall but i had black/green pair of B'Loyal & a few of those fusions in the late 2000s ('08/09)

20210324_025111.png
air-jordan-fusion-3-ajf-3-white-sunset-university-blue.jpg
1.jpg

Im pretty sure i had a 3rd fusion but i cant remember what it was.

When those fusions started rollin out i believe 07 maybe 08, man i swear everyone on campus had the Taxi pair

Last edited:
Yeah that post has validity, but thatā€™s to the common consumer. I donā€™t think anyone from NT is falling into that bucket.

When I worked at a store I was always honest in telling people True Flights are not the 7s, Flightā€™91 were not the 6s, and Son of Mars low were not the 3 or 4. Mind you that was commission, and I still didnā€™t take advantage.

Iā€™ll got off Jumpman Pros. Thatā€™s bout it.

Iā€™ve always held that JB created these models for the downmarket for 7s, etc. and it always rubbed me the wrong way since they had similar looks and sometimes similar/same tooling as retros but they altered the design enough they could essentially sell them as substitute shoes. Unlike Jordan 2 mids, which had a lot more in common with OG highs, these shoes end up looking like bad knockoffs in comparison. Iā€™m no fan of Dub Zeros but at least they look different enough from 4s that nobody would confuse the two, despite them sharing the same tooling because the upper design is completely different.

159007D8-033A-4A65-9E4B-FDDE99B0A48C.jpeg
I remember my dad had these in that Knicks colorway. I thought these were decent. Hated the ying yang flip on each shoe. Had no clue these retroed this year. These were hot back in ā€˜03.

5E54A36F-4464-4BEE-B120-310B2C5312CE.jpeg
Jordan FBIs were kinda fire. MJ wore em on court too so that makes em somewhat valid.

Honestly, FBIs are weird in that MJ actually wore them on court for several games AND a lot of people preferred them to the 18s, in terms of on court performance (me being one of them as I played in these in high school). I remember Kicksology.net praising them in his OG review as well since they had fantastic cushioning, traction, and lockdown but also didnā€™t have all the added weight of the OG 18s. Odd we havenā€™t gotten a retro yet tbh, but I feel they will be butchered when/if they actually retro.

Honestly, FBIs are weird in that MJ actually wore them on court for several games AND a lot of people preferred them to the 18s, in terms of on court performance (me being one of them as I played in these in high school). I remember Kicksology.net praising them in his OG review as well since they had fantastic cushioning, traction, and lockdown but also didnā€™t have all the added weight of the OG 18s. Odd we havenā€™t gotten a retro yet tbh, but I feel they will be butchered when/if they actually retro.
Wait, people preferred FBIs over the 18s cushioning? Jordan 18 was heavy but cushioning was next levelā€¦.19s too

Wait, people preferred FBIs over the 18s cushioning? Jordan 18 was heavy but cushioning was next levelā€¦.19s too

Yeah I owned both and although they had similar Zoom cushioning setup (18s was thicker, stacked double Zoom units though, IIRC), the FBIs midsole plate along with the full-midsole covered strap was a better implemented since your feet were pressure locked to the footbed. Material quality was definitely better on the 18s but the FBIs cut made them less restrictive and obviously lighter with far better lockdown. Both models had awesome traction though.

Back
Top Bottom