NT, Let's talk about fear of marriage... vol. scared as ####

Anyone scared of being with only one woman?
What if her sexiness fades...

I can't control myself from looking at attractive women and thinking things that my girl would slap the skin off my face if she found out.

I don't want to be thinking about other women when I'm married.

Another thing, I can't see myself marrying a woman who is anything short of perfect... it's one thing to be in a relationship/smash-ship w/ a girl who is flawed in some major way, but marriage is different.... this is going to be the mother of your kids, no taking chances w/ insecure women... the lives of others could be compromised.

How did you married nt'ers overcome these fears?

i mean id be scared of getting married now

but im not gonna lie i love the idea of having a family, a wife whos my best friend and a few kids

not for a while though

btw looking at other women/fantasizing isnt cheating my man, if it happens it happens

No point of marriage until you're like 30+. /thread

....and make sure it's with someone who you've been with for a long time and have seen her true colors.

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

mj-laughing.gif

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

mj-laughing.gif
cold blooooded 
roll.gif

do you mean fear of marriage, or fear of long-term commitment?

i've had the same feelings as far as not accepting anything short of perfection, but there comes a point when you realize that certain aspects of a person's character can more than make up for their shortcomings at first glance as far as aesthetic beauty goes.  i know it sounds cliche but it's true, as long as theyre not completely beat yaddida 

but $*#+ i'm scared as !*!% too, and i'm in my early twenties

Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

mj-laughing.gif
A++++
roll.gif

But seriously OP: By reading what you posted, you're definitely not ready for marriage yet. If you can find a lady that you'll love despite her imperfections and she loves you the same way, then you better hang on to her.

i don't like the fact that you have to have a license to get married and sign paperwork, and etc.. really pisses my off.

"No guy wants to actually get married, and if they do, all they're really thinking about are all the women they're gonna miss out on."

"I dont want to be with anybody else, I just want to be with Beth."

One of my favorite movie lines, cause i felt that way at the time I heard it.....and than she cheated on me a few months later
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I got a lot of maturing to do before I get married. And divorce laws are a deterrent for me also

*sticks hand up* Question!

Why do some of you guys act as if you don't let yourselves go either? Come on. I'm not condoning letting yourself go, but damn. A good portion of you act as if you're going to be the God's gift to women your whole entire life.

I think people get to a level of maturity where having their SO look at someone isn't a big deal.

Our attention is always drawn to something that we perceive as attractive. Man, woman, painting, and so on and so forth. It doesn't matter if you're a man finding a woman attractive or vice versa or even a woman finding another woman attractive and vice versa. If we are truly comfortable with ourselves and trust each other; we can then appreciate what is attractive in the world without it having a double meaning.

And don't aim on getting a woman that is nothing short of perfect. I think that, and it may be cliché/whimsical of me, when you find The One they will be perfect for you. It doesn't mean that they are perfect in the eyes of your friends, family and society. They are perfect for you. And that's all that should matter. So don't have a checklist of what you think is perfection because you won't find it that way. You're setting yourself up for disappointment and sky high standards.

Joe Camel sums it up nicely for how I view marriage at the moment.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i mean id be scared of getting married now

but im not gonna lie i love the idea of having a family, a wife  husband whos my best friend and a few kids

not for a while though

btw looking at other women/fantasizing isnt cheating my man, if it happens it happens
I can't see myself getting married any time soon. He'd have to be
eek.gif
to put on a ring on my finger right now lol and of course I'd need to meet him first. I'm on that flying solo thing hard, have been for a while now
eyes.gif

Anything we fear and overcome makes us grow spiritually. I just advise everyone to take their time and be prepared before getting into such a big commitment. Love is good but it also takes great attention and work

Back
Top Bottom