NT Marines, come in... need your opinions, thinking about joining.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

the thing is i dont want to be stationed anywhere near Iraq, the middle east or the gulf... will i have any say in where im stationed or is it automatically assigned based on your attributes? that's the main thing im worrying about.. fighting where there are high chances of casualties/death.. tryna avoid that in any way possible.

my friend had a choice between cairo and colombia so he chose colombia. and i know the women come flocking like chickens if ure a marine
laugh.gif
They will put you where they have needs. Avoiding action? Joining the Marines is the wrong way to go if you're trying to push paper orsomething to that effect.
laugh.gif

If you're scared, don't join, pick a different branch.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

The Takeover-
Why dont u go by to ur community college, and ill go back to my top 50 university... and 2nd best in my state.... how do u like them apples??
Go by to my community college? What?
laugh.gif

good looks yungchris. what is the height/weight standard u speak of? i'm barely 5'7 155 pounds... not looking to employ in the frontlines, more along the lines of communications..
Well I am in the communications field now. I am stationed at a Marine Reserve Unit in N.O. I think you have like a max of 170 pounds or so, so youare straight. When I get commissioned I am either going to stay in the same field or if I am motivated enough become an infantry officer
grin.gif
who knows with officer you wont know your MOS til near the end of TBS

Originally Posted by yungchris504

good looks yungchris. what is the height/weight standard u speak of? i'm barely 5'7 155 pounds... not looking to employ in the frontlines, more along the lines of communications..
Well I am in the communications field now. I am stationed at a Marine Reserve Unit in N.O. I think you have like a max of 170 pounds or so, so you are straight. When I get commissioned I am either going to stay in the same field or if I am motivated enough become an infantry officer
grin.gif
do u get to choose where u want to go and where u want to be stationed at??? im guessing u've never had the duty of fighting in thefrontlines.. im trying to avoid that at all costs.

Well I am in the communications field now. I am stationed at a Marine Reserve Unit in N.O. I think you have like a max of 170 pounds or so, so you are straight. When I get commissioned I am either going to stay in the same field or if I am motivated enough become an infantry officer
grin.gif
do u get to choose where u want to go and where u want to be stationed at??? im guessing u've never had the duty of fighting in the frontlines.. im trying to avoid that at all costs.
Well since I was a reservist and I was already accepted at LSU they stationed me closest to the school as possible. Reservist do know prior togoing to boot camp where they wil be stationed at. Nah I have not deployed overseas yet. The basic philosophy is all Marines are basic riflemen. So there is achance I may or may not go.

Tarvald Drama Chase wrote:
yea great choice,
if u dont want to be successful... make money, have fly hunnies or sick whips... then sure.. join.. but while u roll around in ur p.o.s navy issued jeep... ill be riding around in a benzo laughing at you

Well, that Marine in his P.O.S Navy issue jeep is the reason your spoiled @@+ can freely drive the luxury vehicle. I hate, no, I DESPISE people like you. These brave men and women earn/maintain your county's freedom and honor with their youth, blood, sweat, tears, and even their lives, but yet you are overhere mocking them.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Freaking pampered COWARD. Go hide behind mommy and daddy's money. Just remember, whether your coward @@+ appreciates it or not, real men will be on thefront line protecting your ungrateful @@+.

My main purposes of joining are to toughen up myself, discipline, travel the world, meet foreign chicks, and have a new outlook on life. I'm about to talk to a recruiter in a few weeks and I already checked out the website. I wanna know:

- your personal feelings and thoughts of being in the marines and your main purpose of joining
- the process of applying and joining the marines
- the requirements (being physically fit, healthy, I don't have any criminal records)
- the eligibility: since i'm a college student i will be applying for an officer position(i think)
- the terms of serving (how long do u have to serve, and what the personal benefits are. ive heard the marines pay for your tuition after u serve an x amount of years and they also pay u monthly around 2000 a month)
- shoot me any general info about being in the marines

good looks.
- your personal feelings and thoughts of being in the marines and your main purpose of joining

im in a Naval ROTC program with the Marines right now and wouldnt be doing anything else. simply summed up you learn a lot about discipline, leadership, and teamwork
- the process of applying and joining the marines
you should talk to a recruiter most big colleges especially ones with rotc programs have recruiter officers that can hook you up with info on OCS
- the requirements (being physically fit, healthy, I don't have any criminal records)

you need to get at least a first class PFT score which consists of 18 minute 3 mile run, 100 crunches and 20 pull ups(those are max scores) a first class score is 225 you can find Marine Corps PFT score charts online, crunches and pull ups aint bad and your mile time will get better over time

at OCS
you want to get a first class score or your time there is gonna pretty much suck
theres gonna be 3 main humps 6,9,12 mile humps
theres gonna be a lot of situations where you have to show "leadership" while doing monitered events such as defending/attacking an area
academic testing isnt too difficult just pay attention during class
day/night land navigation (initial and final test) isnt difficult if you follow directions

- the eligibility: since i'm a college student i will be applying for an officer position(i think)
you can join as a PLC meaning you have to go to OCS twice or you can do one long session (10weeks i believe)

might be forgetting some other stuff if you have anyother questions ill try to answer them

good luck with your future decision

grin.gif
do u get to choose where u want to go and where u want to be stationed at??? im guessing u've never had the duty of fighting in the frontlines.. im trying to avoid that at all costs.
well i guess if you want to look at it that way there are MOS out there that are basically pure paperwork not a lot of people go for it (the nameescaped my thought gotta get back to me on that) so getting it shouldnt be to hard, from what i know it mainly deals with people and other paperwork.
theres a lot of other officer/enlisted MOS's that dont see much if any combat you can look em up online.
you get a say in what MOS you want but overall the Marines are gonna assign you one that your fitted to and what they need. same goes for where you want to bestationed. some 2nd lieutenants say they want to go to japan for their first tour and they get it.

Jay Zoe,
Can you please explain how they are "protecting the country" when they are tied up in a losing effort, against an opponent they cannot defeat,terrorism. HOw are they "protecting our freedom" if the majority of the people do not want them there anyway. Alot of those people that join thearmed services are straight trash, white trailer park trash who when they get over there abuse their power. I know you know what im talking about. How are wesupposed to respect them when they make prisoners wear black hoods and get naked and pose in sexual degrading positions with each other? How are we supposed torespect them when they torture and kill innocent children?? Can you please explain that.... why dont you look at both sides of the argument before you gogiving us your patriotism speech

Back
Top Bottom