NT MATURER MEN SCHOOL ME ON SHAVING

TheArtofShaving-ESQ-SingleGuy-fb.jpg

This gets the job done for me real nice. Copped the starter pack(all items are smaller) including brush for $25 on amazon.
No irritation or bumps
Im black btw.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Why would you use the Andis T after you shave?
for my sideburns
all hair below my earlobe gets cut with a razor and viceversa
Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

op how old are you bro ?
it's in my profile
Why don't you just give a number? Trying to get more views or something? smh

People think way too much about it. Use normal shaving cream, do it in the shower so the steam opens up your pores, shave clean with a gillette, and slap a little aftershave on after.

Originally Posted by justbrin26

TheArtofShaving-ESQ-SingleGuy-fb.jpg

This gets the job done for me real nice. Copped the starter pack(all items are smaller) including brush for $25 on amazon.
No irritation or bumps
Im black btw.

LOL beat me to it. Im Armo by the way so you know I got some thick %*+ hair.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

WASH YOUR FACE 1ST THEN...

USE A HOT WET TOWEL FOR 3MIN ON THE FACE TO OPEN PORES AND LOOSEN HAIRS
27795d1203348759-seperate-headlights-paint-insides-install-halos-p2151490.jpg

LATHER FACE AND NECK UP REALLY WELL...

gillette-fusion-hyrdagel.jpg

BREAK ONE OF THESE IN HALF AND INSERT IN...NEXT PIC..
wilkinson_sword_5_razor_blades_12336.jpg

fromm_72R_st_razor.jpg

SHAVE GENTLY FROM THE GRAIN THEN AGAINST..

THEN RINSE FACE AND APPLY...
gillette-fusion-hydra-cool-after-shave-gel-100ml.jpg
Respect for using a straight razor, but you're doing it a great disservice by using that crappy Gillette cream.

This is what I use.. first make sure to use a face scrub in the shower, then after the show use some pre-shave cream/oil

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31jwEXdv%2BLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]
just a little of that before shaving.  Then you need a shave brush and some real shaving cream.

310hVRn8xUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

either boar or badger hair, boar is much cheaper but not as good, you can find a decent/starter badger brush for 15-20 dollars
317WH01C2HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

that's what I use right now, smells great too

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31yMdrobbhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]
and then follow it up with the same pre-shave cream which works as a post-shave... plus I then use Nivea for Men after shave cooling balm.

All of these things can be found on Amazon and while they are more expensive than things bought in store, they usually last much longer and are of much higher quality.  I can buy a 100 pack of safety razors for 12 dollars online, and I just got tired of buying expensive and cheap cartridges for 3/4/5 blade razors.  The razor itself cost money, but those things will last for decades if you treat them well.

I never had trouble shaving with cheap store bought stuff, but I just got tired of it and wanted to really take care of my face and shave.  Best shaves of my life, my skin looks better and healthier, no razor burn or ingrown hairs, and I actually take pride and care with my shave now.

And Art of Shaving stuff isn't bad, but it's usually overpriced.  It's not a bad idea to grab the starter kit for cheap just to make it easy when you're first getting into this, but there are so many different styles and scents of cream, oils, blades, brushes, to try out before you find what you like.

Originally Posted by bkmac

For the last month/month and a half, I've been shaving every two days. I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things or not, but I'm starting to see a difference in growth. My beard appears to be coming in more full and better looking instead of the dirt-look it used to be when I would shave once a week.

That's got nothing to do with how you shave - you're just older.

great Thread OP

i always wonderded why men with full grown beards always cut it off and get this
sick.gif

tony_parker.jpg

that makes your face look bad.. dudes like him and vince vangh always cut thier beards off, when they know they have a full beard..

and this look shows more on lighter people (eg white and lightskinned people)

i couldn't find a pic with vince vanghn but his face always looks bad with that greenish look...

If you dont have alot of facail hair i could understand cuttin it all of, but i never understood that

Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

Check this site out:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/

It should have all the information you're looking for! It helped me a lot!
Probably the best advice so far, Badger & Blade is like Niketalk for shaving. 

I use a safety razor (Gillette Superspeed, 40's style and a Merkur 1904) and have a couple pricey silvertip badger brushes that I like.

C.O Bigelow is great and someone posted Taylors of Old Bond St. which is pretty good stuff as well.

Boar hair brushes are good and I would probably prefer a good boars hair brush to a cheap badger

But I have found that regardless of what you use it is all about prep and technique (a sharp blade as well).

The hot towel is a good idea, or you can just shave after the shower.

Always let the cream or soup sit for a couple minutes, don't rush.

I have found that with practice a safety razor gives a superior and razorbump/ingrown hair free experience compared to the fusion/mach 3/sensor.

Not to mention using a brush and building lather, along with taking your time can make shaving actually fun and a calming experience.

ed9255d4cb6f4c01b35c219d7eb682eaa9a75ea.pjpg

You know what i mean do it....... I was once or twice told to not shave my pubes, they where a fetish or sexy....check me out like
roll.gif
mike!
nerd.gif

ehhh i just a razor and the hand wash soap after i get out of the shower

my skins fine...wouldn't mind an aftershave though to smell nice

Back
Top Bottom