NT MATURER MEN SCHOOL ME ON SHAVING

I've been trying to deal with ingrown hairs for a minute now... it's not severe, but I don't want it to get that far.
I'm Black btw
this is what i currently use, in that order
servletimagedownload
da59776c778d5c3c70d11e8a3844afd1.jpg
andis%20T%20OUT.jpg
41A1ZEQK8HL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

School me on
-tools
-preparation
-products
-techniques
-dos and don'ts

you truly mastered shaving when you can do your hairline, beard/sideburns, and mustache with a straight razor.....
pimp.gif

i use a hair buzzer with no clip on it, ingrown hairs no more, not a close shave but i hated that feeling anyway, ingrown hairs are the worst, ive pulled out 2+ inchers before

When I go a clean shave, I use the Andis clippers you posted
- Wash face before shaving

- Shave a dry face (allows shaving with and against the grain, hairs are more pronounced for clipping)

- Shower after shaving

- Never use razors

I don't use bump patrol or after shave because I shower after I shave.  The less facial products the better IMO.  I'm black btw

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Why would you use the Andis T after you shave?
for my sideburns
all hair below my earlobe gets cut with a razor and viceversa
Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

op how old are you bro ?
it's in my profile
Originally Posted by KMun44

i use a hair buzzer with no clip on it, ingrown hairs no more, not a close shave but i hated that feeling anyway, ingrown hairs are the worst, ive pulled out 2+ inchers before
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Wolfin in between haircuts FTW.
I don't get haircuts

do you shave everyday or just when it gets long?
if it's the latter.. you really should use the clippers on any long hairs before you shave. you just end up irritating the skin b/c you have to use multiple passes with the razor.

Originally Posted by Diego

Wolfin in between haircuts FTW.
I dont think ive ever shaved myself in my life....lol
just go to a barber once a week bro
happy.gif

If I do shave, I use a beard/moustache trimmer with the guard off.  More of a buzz than a shave, but zero irritation.  If you want to use a razor, use hair conditioner (way slicker than any shave cream/gel).  It makes you less likely to get bumps. But.........

beards >

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

When I go a clean shave, I use the Andis clippers you posted
- Wash face before shaving

- Shave a dry face (allows shaving with and against the grain, hairs are more pronounced for clipping)

- Shower after shaving

- Never use razors

I don't use bump patrol or after shave because I shower after I shave.  The less facial products the better IMO.  I'm black btw

QFT i had to keep a clean face for the yrs i served in military and this basically sums it up. But razors do give a more defined clean shave. If you must use razors use a single blade. It is better for our skin as in it doesnt go over the same area repeatedly, irratating the skin, thus giving you razor bumps.

Also you might wanna try the blue magic. It works well. Word of advice, make it like a paste, then get in the shower. Why that way the steam and moisture from the shower insures the paste doesnt dry up on your faste like clay. When removing, use a plastic spatula. And afterwards, i would recommend using witch-hazel. Alcohol dries the skin out to much, and can cause skin irratation, aka bumps.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

SMH.

i shave every other day to keep my beard game on point.
if you get a ridiculous line-up then you should shave in between otherwise you have uneven hair spots, if you dont really shape it up much and just trimm what you naturally have, you can wolf it thru....shaving so often only promotes more hairgrowth, something im trying to avoid.
EDIT

My beard > your beard.

I shave in the shower, I have an anti-fog mirror in there. Its the best place to shave if you have course/stubborn facial hair because of exfoliation. I use a new disposable razor everytime. I shave against the grain (if i haven't shaved in a few days). Otherwise, its with the grain, just to look clean.

These are the products i use.

Gillette disposable razors. (Sometimes I use fusions)
047400115798.jpg

+

C.O. Bigelow = Best shaving foam/cream.
2z8rbsi.jpg

And to keep my lines clean I either use a straight blade, or another razor. Clippers come into play for goatee trimming.
*Edit

Aftershave
nivea-men-repl-p-balm-main.jpg

Well I'm white, but it should still apply to all races.

You gotta shave right after a shower. No way around it. Make sure to wash your face in the shower also. Helps clean everything off your face. The warmth from the shower opens pores.  Don't use cheap shaving creams or gels. What I use, and love is C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream.  This stuff goes a loooong way.
pBBW1-2766765dt.jpg

Next up is....Get a shaving brush. Really. This also helps with getting the hair on your face ready to be shaved. You can find one for a reasonable price. Just make sure it's Badger hair.
518MyhaMquL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Next is....Let it grow out a day or two to see how the hair grows. Different places on your face has different directions it grows. Always go with the grain initially. Very Important. Don't go over the same spot multiple times.  If you have to use short strokes and rinse a lot, so be it. These are the two main reason you get razor bumps.

Don't fall into the hype of a razor with 4 blades, 10 blades. Use what works best with your face. Some people use cheap disposable razors with a single blade, while others have the same results with the 3-4 blade razors. Just make sure your razor is new to fairly new. Sharp blades = happy face.

So right after the shower, you hop out. Get a face towel, and everything else you need to shave. Make sure you splash some more warm water on your face. Wet your brush with warm water as well. Put a bit of cream on the brush and work it into and all over the places you want to shave. Remember, with the grain initially. Short strokes if you got a lot of growth you're shaving. At the end, feel with your hands to see what might need to be gone over a second time. Gently go in a cross/side motion from how you just shaved to get it baby soft.

When all done. Splash cool water on your face. This closes the pores back up, stops or slows any bleeding. Pat face dry. Now you must moisturize.  White, Black, Asian, it doesn't matter. Gotta keep your skin healthy, and looking good. Helps with future shaving. Best bet is to go with something with No Alcohol, or Fragrance.  Those will irritate your skin like no other. Something with good vitamins for your skin. Get something that also has a SPF of atleast 15-30 in it. I alternate between stuff with, and without SPF in it, just so it doesn't clog up the pores.

Here is a place with these steps I just listed.

this is what you want to do. Before you start to shave use the andis first after that get some hand towels and roll them up. place them under hot water as hot as you can handle. place
the towel on your face. you want to massage your facial hair up so it's easier for the razor to catch the hair. Then shaving cream, shave then after shave boom your done.
For the ingrown hairs just use a tweezer to get them out.

I saw that bump patrol stuff..but I started using Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel...like $5 at Target.  I figured why put something on to fix the problem if there's a shave gel that eliminates it altogether.  I notice a big difference and a much better shave.

http://www.amazon.com/Ave...8406979&sr=8-1 

Back
Top Bottom