NT Movie heads: Thoughts on Rob Zombie's Halloween?

Yo, I'm my opinion, this joint was absolutely
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I think the story was amazing. It was shot beautifully, and they did the OG complete justice.

Thoughts?

halloween-b11.jpg

way better than the Jason remake even tho i hate Zombie as a director
[h3]
[/h3]

I liked it. I mean nothing they could do was going to touch the original anyway but I thought it was pretty good. His movies are underrated to me.

It was a great movie I like the fact that it wasnt a straight remakeof the old Halloween movie.

The only thing I didnt like was how they showed him as a child.... It was more weird when all you knew about him was him killing his sister.

I am a horror movie FANATIC. Personally, I thought Rob Zombie executed the childhood segment beautifully. It really gave some insight to Michael Myer'scharacter overall and helped the viewer understand the "why" of how he became a serial killer. Overall, I thought the movie was great and Ididn't even miss Jamie Lee Curtis in it at all.

I can't WAIT to go see it's sequel! Halloween 2--Aug 28, 2009 <--Clickfor official trailer!

Rob did this remake perfectly went into detail michaels myers childhood and tweaked up the story and not killing it like jason remake.

pimp.gif
im always watching the Halloween 2 trailer.. That one looks bananas im so juiced for it...

^
on_line.gif
AmberElise04, I agree. And it's good to hear that a horror movie fan enjoyedit too.

I loved how they introduced him as a child. A very disturbed child at that - I always wondered "How did he just 'transform' into a psychopathickiller?" And now I know. I always assumed he just stabbed his sister up one day and that was that, but to know he had psychopathic tendencies as a childjust added to the overall bonkersness of the whole story.

In regards to H2, I don't know if i'm feeling the whole "seeing the ghost of his mother, and she's telling him to kill people"thing...I'm def seeing it in the theaters though

I thought the movie was great. It really built up the character. The movie was good, gruesome, and made him a real person.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^
on_line.gif
AmberElise04, I agree. And it's good to hear that a horror movie fan enjoyed it too.

I loved how they introduced him as a child. A very disturbed child at that - I always wondered "How did he just 'transform' into a psychopathic killer?" And now I know. I always assumed he just stabbed his sister up one day and that was that, but to know he had psychopathic tendencies as a child just added to the overall bonkersness of the whole story.

In regards to H2, I don't know if i'm feeling the whole "seeing the ghost of his mother, and she's telling him to kill people" thing...I'm def seeing it in the theaters though
I'm a diehard horror fan. I don't care how "sucky" a movie looks if it's in the horror category chances are I'll see itin theatres. And to be honest, the more blood and guts, the better I like it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I love the Saw movies for this very reason!

was that Danielle Harris at the 1:39 mark because she was in holloween 5,

edit i just looked and that is her thats cool she came back after she grew up to play in a movie she played in when she was young

This was a really good movie imo.
When they showed him as a kid
this showed why he wanted to
kill his sister.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fiasco23

way better than the Jason remake
i agree. I liked the 1st half of the movie but not so much the second half when he escaped. It jus seemed like the story was forced or somethinidk

the new one doesnt really look that hot imo. zombie said he never wanted to do a remake and never really cared for them in general, i see why now

i thought the movie was good, im a big halloween fan though so i would have like it regardless.

This movie was straight piff, the whole kid thing helped me understand why he came out the way he did. Dude sprouted into a monster from a chubby little kid,what the hell were they feeding him in jail

Back
Top Bottom