NT - my life sucks, I feel lost vol. who cares

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

I have gone on a lot of interviews and either I have to take a serious paycut or I've been told I am overqualified.

Two times I got 3 interviews deep with a company only to have them tell me that they decided not to fill the position because of the economic downturn they couldnt budget for the position.

Believe me, I have and still am trying hard to get a job. I never though getting my master's I would be jobless and only in the $50K range of salary. it sucks

Why not take a job that pays a lot less for the time being while still looking for another job?

Keep your head up. Theres more people under worse circumstances yet you still have a legitimate BACHELORS to remind you you have the upper hand when it comesto a possible Job opportunity. Dont blame yourself.

I know plenty of people at my workhouse that took 30-40K jobs when they were laid off from 60-80K...@++! is just temporary until economy comes back uphopefully in years and while they are still job hunting.

I have gone on a lot of interviews and either I have to take a serious paycut or I've been told I am overqualified.

Two times I got 3 interviews deep with a company only to have them tell me that they decided not to fill the position because of the economic downturn they couldnt budget for the position.

Believe me, I have and still am trying hard to get a job. I never though getting my master's I would be jobless and only in the $50K range of salary. it sucks

Are you in the LA area? I can't believe you were making so little with an MBA. I make that much with a finance undergrad straight out of school. Thatspretty standard undergrad analyst pay for new grads here in chicago (45-55k). Why are you living with your parents? What does your fiance do? Be glad you got agirl and you have an education...nothing to do but keep grinding...

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Are you in the LA area? I can't believe you were making so little with an MBA. I make that much with a finance undergrad straight out of school. Thats pretty standard undergrad analyst pay for new grads here in chicago (45-55k). Why are you living with your parents? What does your fiance do? Be glad you got a girl and you have an education...nothing to do but keep grinding...
I'm in orange county. I had zero job experience coming out of grad school so that put me at a lower pay scale. living with my parents cuz Igot laid off

Originally Posted by AmberElise04

This economy sucks for business majors/degree holders. I hope that you find a job soon, I don't know really what to tell you except for focus on the positivity that is going to come from getting married in 5 months...

nerd.gif

Don't base your whole life around a job. This how these ******s do that murder/suicide, your life is much more than that.

Why not just take the paycut for now? You said you feel like you'll just get laid off anyways right?

It's some income, you get experience, and you get unemployment when you get laid off. Winz.

Even if you have to take the pay cut you'd still have a job. Like others said keeping looking and applying. Having something and getting some sort ofincome is better than nothing.

Even if you get another job and get laid off again, at least you'll create a little revenue, right?

I'm sure it seems hard, but you have your health, your parents, and your soon to be wife. Plus, you have an education with at least a little bit ofexperience.

You'll find work soon enough. And, if you can't find anything in your area, you might have to relocate. Having to find new friends and getting paid isa lot better than having the same old friends with no money, man.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Your only problem is the fact that you're letting MONEY dictate your life. You have the potentialto secure a job, but you're letting money be the deciding factor. Get over your pride and you'll be good. Besides, chasing money makes you a modern dayslave...and I would hope that you have better aspirations than that.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

Life is good so far...
school is almost out, summer is looking like its gonna be good this year
im getting married in 5 months

i dont think it could get better right now

i feel sorry for you tho
indifferent.gif

oh I thought his life sucked because he had an inoperable brain tumor, or was paralyzed and eating out of a tube or was a Lakers fan

Originally Posted by CjMoney

Are you in the LA area? I can't believe you were making so little with an MBA. I make that much with a finance undergrad straight out of school. Thats pretty standard undergrad analyst pay for new grads here in chicago (45-55k). Why are you living with your parents? What does your fiance do? Be glad you got a girl and you have an education...nothing to do but keep grinding...
I'm in orange county. I had zero job experience coming out of grad school so that put me at a lower pay scale. living with my parents cuz I got laid off
How much does your fiance make?

I hope you're at least moving in with your girl after you're married.

Wait I hope your girl isn't sucking at life like you and is also living with her parents
laugh.gif

You need to go on a Walkabout my friend.

congrats on your education, trust me they will come a long way....looking at your "successful friends" should make you work harder.....Its not likeyou have a degree in that is not marketable, you have an MBA

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Why not take a job that pays a lot less for the time being while still looking for another job?

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

The only problem you have is that you don't have a job?
grin.gif

It's a recession homie. You got a MBA and a lady that will stand by your bum
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
laugh.gif

Just keep throwin' them resumes out and swearing at Bush under your breath when you find the time.

this

you don't have it that bad, it could be a lot worse so count your blessings

I know you're over exaggerating, but your life does not suck

Back
Top Bottom