NT: NorCal Job Network Hub (potential growth)

So in an effort to help folks out this year.

I've decided to take a big step in helping people find jobs (as well as in all hopes) that this legwork will allow me to land a stable career of my own.

Now granted I am not a professional "headhunter/recruiter" etc. I am not a LinkedIn, Monster, Craigslist PR/HR person in disguise, just trying to help folks find a job or network those accordingly. I've been successful in the past for others however no one else in turn has been successful in landing me something similar.

However given everyone's difficulties of finding jobs I would like kind of develop a sort of job aggregate for folks whether you're a new college grad of 2013 and future classes or current working professionals that just want to switch industries or careers and provide as a stable resource of things.

I'll try my best to dig up resourceful graveyard posts (resume thread) and a few general threads. That way from here on out if this works out, then perhaps people in other regions can do the same if this ever becomes successful.

As for the template in terms of finding a job you don't need to share personal information but rather professional data about your background, what skills/degrees/certifications you have acquired thus far and what you are trying to get into:

Work experience: About 10 years overall experience
Industry specifically: 5 years in sales/retail/customer service, 8 years in marketing, 3 years of entrepreneurship worthy stuff, less than a year in fashion, tech, healthcare and advertising.
Degree: B.A. Psychology
Certifications: HIPAA (2009) and ServSafe (valid till 2015)
Current industry (if you don't wish to share then feel free to say currently employed). Currently employed but wanting to switch industries
Industry(ies) and Role(s) wish list: Sales (experienced role), Marketing/Advertising (Mid-level role /Entry level depending on role), Travel/Tourism (experienced)
Requirements for Industry Switch/Acquisition of Role: Fair Market Value in Salary, Benefits (Health and Dental Insurance covered: 80-100%), 401K and Stocks optional.

Then you should also post any job leads you have regardless if its in the area or not (obviously region focused stuff like anything in NorCal) is priority but if you have a lead then in other threads like the Jobless one and many others. Should be notified if you got something.

Job Leads: After leaving my current industry, there will be an opening will reveal after successfully switching. Also possible job leads in the following industries outside of the area of expertise or residence: Restaurant/Food Trucks, Office and Administration (within the SoCal) area and etc.

Hope people will find this helpful.

As a follow up reply here are all the resources that I will post for those in need of finding positions within related fields or general job search tips:

Here's an old resume posting on resume creation from credit infamousod if he transferred to the recent NT:

Here's one from the old yuku board but ill copy and paste it credited from "infamousod":

Before I begin:
If I've contributed nothing else of value to NT (which is likely, in fact I probably owe NT for all the bandwidth I've used and not clicking on ads) hopefully this will make up for it. I've put a good amount of effort into this and tried to be as specific as possible while making it applicable to the general audience. I'm a graduate student (Van Wilder status) who has had numerous adventures into the world of human resources including career fairs (hosting and attending), student career centers, resume workshops, and just general mingling with recruiters and managers. I also read quite a bit on the subject. All this information I take with a grain of salt, meaning I always seek new ideas and keep them in mind but don't hold any specific method to be the right one or the best one, I take ideas from all of them and combine them into what I feel is the most effective combination. I am not going into specifics about what to write on your resume, this is meant to give a basis for what makes a good resume.

***Many fields and industries require certain formats or standards for their resumes (or CVs), including teachers, engineers, programmers etc., make sure you learn and understand those conventions before writing your resume. This is meant as a general guide.***

Pay attention because the sections are labeled for easier reference.

Essential DO'S and DON'TS

If you read nothing else read this. Regardless of your experience level, the job you're applying for or anything else these are absolutely essential:

- Do not lie. Ever. There's no real need for it and whether you believe it or not recruiters/managers often do call references and verify facts. You will find it is actually much easier to explain the skills and experience you have and apply it to the job you're applying for than lying.
How Business Schools Catch Liars - http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/aug2008/bs20080826_375103.htm

- Do Spell Check. If you allow careless mistakes on the one sheet of paper that represents you employers will figure you will be equally as careless on the job. Spell check and proofread it when you're done, wait, and then proofread it again. It is extremely common to have spelling errors and (especially in my case) to mess up the dates on a job or whatever. Have someone else proofread it as well. A lot of employers automatically trash a resume with a spelling error.

- Don't use the same resume for everything. Each job has a different job description and a different thing the employer is looking for, write a fresh resume for each one to make sure you are emphasizing the skills necessary for that position. Also, believe it or not recruiters talk, and if they figure out you sent out the same resume and just changed the company name, you're basically done with both companies.

- Do focus on organization. You are cramming a lot of information onto one sheet of paper, it needs to be very easy to read and

- Do put yourself in the employer's shoes. Employers get dozens, hundreds or thousands of resumes, you're one in a potentially large stack and you need to be conscious of the situation. If an employer has to read hundreds of resumes in a day they will likely spend only a few seconds on each one and make a split second decision on whether to keep or trash it. If they cannot find the keywords or skills they are looking for right away, you're done; they don't have the time nor patience to read your life story, you need to focus on catching their attention and get them to read more.

- Don't go over one page. Employers don't have time to be flipping pages, they want all their information right away. Unless a cover page is asked for ***or your specific industry/field or situation calls for a longer resume*** you should not go over one page. One page should be plenty if you organize correctly. Generally, if you're in high school/college or just out of college you don't have enough relevant experience to warrant 2 pages, internships and entry-level jobs type stuff. After that, play it by ear.

- Do stay relevant. Unless you're starved for stuff to put on your resume make sure you only list experiences, jobs and skills that are relevant to the position. Again, the employer does not have the time nor patience to read useless information. Sometimes the experience can show character or responsibility but if you have enough relevant experience the extra stuff becomes clutter, use your best judgment.

- Do Quantify. If you increased sales by 10% put it. If you managed a team of 15 people put it. Numbers attract attention and are easy to read if you phrase it right and in terms everyone can understand (make sure it's easy to understand or it'll be useless).

- Do be Consistent. When formatting your dates, text, font (size), etc. make sure you use the same tenses and bullets. Common sense usually dictates what to do but in any case you should recheck your resume for consistency from top to bottom.

NEUTRALITY: Gender, Ethnicity, Religion

I decided to put this higher up because it can be important and it's something you should always keep in mind when applying for jobs.

When listing clubs/organizations, unless it is all you have or unless it was a major part of your life do not list that you were in the Young Republicans (or Democrat) club or that you were in PETA or any other organization that may potentially alienate an employer. You never know who may read your resume and disagree with your views. If you are very strongly convicted go for it but be aware it might cost you the job. The same may go for religion...it's the world we live in folks.

If you are a minority and you feel that being so might help you get the job there are ways to drop hints. If your name is Rodriguez you may not need to. Joining the Hispanic Student Business Club or something like that will allow you to put a big "I AM A MINORITY" sign on your resume. Also saying you are a native Spanish speaker can be a big hint.

I always stay as neutral as possible to be sure my resume will be judged only on my qualifications.

FORMAT

Templates: Resume wizard on Microsoft Word will guide you to a very basic and mundane resume that looks identical to everyone else's. Be bold. It does not take a lot of skill with margins, bullets and bolding/italicizing text to make a unique resume that catches the eye but is not repulsive. Remember organization and simplicity is the key, employers may only skim a few lines of the sheet and will need to be able to find what they are looking for immediately or they will toss it.

Don't justify text, it can create awkward spaces between words, just keep everything aligned left.

WHITE SPACE
There are two schools of thought here. On the one hand a resume with pushed in margins and a lot of white space will make it look like it's empty and you couldn't find anything to put on your resume. Conversely, putting .01" margins all around and cramming text into every possible space and eliminating white space will make your resume look intimidating and cluttered. There's a delicate balance there which is why I prefer not to use templates, but it's also why novices should use a good template until they learn to achieve that balance.

Example 1:
The most common Microsoft Word template will do a good job labeling sections but will also leave a lot of wasted white space:

Example 2:
Labeling your sections like this would allow you to make better use of the space and still make it easy to read:

SECTIONS OF A RESUME

There are some essential parts of a resume, these are some suggestions for sections but by no means is it necessary to use all of these. Find the best combination to display why you are qualified for the job in the simplest manner.

Your Name
Contact Information
Objective
Education
Extracurriculars
Relevant Experience
Philanthropy/Volunteering
Work Experience
Skills
Languages
Leadership
References

RESUME FILLER: What to do when you don't have anything to put on your resume. There are separate sections below with a few tips regarding high school and college students.

Hopefully you are reading this long before you are applying for something not the night before you are handing your resume to someone. The key is to realize you have very little on your resume and start seeking opportunities to gain experience.

To make the most of your previous experience you need to take an inventory of how you have spent your previous 2 years. If you have very little to put on your resume you are probably very young and therefore you don't want to have old information on there. Two years is a limit on this kind of information because if you're 17 it's not very flattering that you were a paper boy at 13. The objective here is to find any activities that show your character or show that you are responsible, or at the very least that you are not a bum. Anything that shows initiative, that you attended regular meetings or were given some sort of responsibility can be used. This would include school clubs, community organizations, honor groups, church groups (see 'neutrality' section), helping your parents/relatives/friends at their work.

Some of these things are more impressive than others, but the point is it's better than nothing. A lot of times people underestimate how good a little work experience looks even if it is seemingly insignificant; if you spent your summers helping your parent/relative run their business, no matter how insignificant your role, it shows you didn't spend all summer playing video games and that you know what work is.

List and emphasize skills! If you spent summers taking apart your computer or learning how to sew list it. Again, it shows you have some initiative and are capable of learning a skill or trade. If nothing else list references, neighbors or family-friends can be used as character references.

Reminder: don't lie.

Good little article on resume fillers and what to do when you can't find a job/internship. Plus it's about a University of Florida student
Link

HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS

If you're looking to go to college join as many clubs and organizations as possible, preferably honor societies. Not only are these activities more fun than they seem, they help separate you from everyone else on college applications and provide great stuff on your resume. Making the honor roll or similar achievements are also good to list.

High school sports are also relevant on college applications. You were asked to follow directions and train for a competition, these are skills and experiences that look very good.

COLLEGE STUDENTS

After your sophomore year you should no longer have anything from high school on your resume unless it's a very particular skill. By senior year you should be eliminating sophomore year stuff.

Stay focused. The purpose of college is to learn and train for the real world. Have fun but realize that this is precious time to make yourself available to potential employers. Start right away to look for internships and other activities/clubs to get involved with so that when senior year rolls around you already know where you want to start applying and what career fairs you want to hit.

Visit the career center, any good college has them and they are there to help you get a job. The college needs you to be successful so they can look good, those people are hopefully good at what they do and have all kinds of services to help you.

Get involved. Clubs and organizations, leadership positions, college council. All of those will make your resume shine.

OBJECTIVES

The schools of thought regarding the objective statement is worse than republicans vs democrats. Although one near-consensus standard is that if you are attaching a cover letter the objective is superfluous and unnecessary.

This is probably the most confusing and misunderstood section of a resume. It's a great way for an employer to see what you're about quickly but it's also pretty obvious what you're objective is: TO GET THE JOB. Regardless, it's your chance to make or break your resume. The key here is to be as straightforward and simple as possible. You have approximately two sentences to state your case and entice the employer to read on. In most cases it's more important to know what not to do in an objective.

This is a great case for writing an objective and a few tips for writing them:
Resume Objectives
Link

And for the general language and tone of the resume and objective this is a VERY GOOD article, definitely worth reading:
Tips for Humanizing Your Resume
Link

EDUCATION

Easy section. List chronologically. If you're in college you can list your high school, after you graduate college it should definitely be off of there. You may also list any honors (cum laude, etc.).

Dates: You can list month/year or just year, being more specific never hurts though. If you haven't graduated yet list your expected graduation date. It is understood that you have not graduated yet.

Example:
University of Florida August 2006- June 2010

GPA and Test Scores:
It is standard practice to list your GPA and the scale (Example: 3.2/4.0 is a 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale).
Use your best judgment on whether to list your GPA. If you have a 2.1/4.0 you probably don't want to list your GPA. If you have a 3.0 you should assess the situation, if you think everyone else applying has a straight 4.0 you may not want to list it, out of sight out of mind. Your resume is a place to list strengths if your GPA is not a strength don't list it.

If you scored high on the SAT, GRE, LSAT or otherwise you can definitely list it. Make sure to also list the scale (ex: SAT 1200/1600).

LISTING JOBS/EXPERIENCESS

Like I said I won't really go into specifics even though this is arguably the biggest and most important part of the resume. Just be sure to be consistent, quantify (as stated in Do's and Don'ts) and put the experiences in terms that are easy to read and understand. Human resource directors might not know the lingo or terms used in your previous positions.

When listing past jobs or experiences make sure they are relevant and have a purpose for being there. Say to yourself: this position is meant to establish that I have experience doing this specific task. Using that mentality will keep you focused when you write the description.

PHILANTHROPY/CHARITY/VOLUNTEER WORK

This is a great way to add something nice to your resume and shows that you are a compassionate person, etc. Employers like people with character. Do some volunteering, it's good for you.

SKILLS & LANGUAGES

This is probably my favorite section of a resume. It's your chance to list what really sets you apart. Everyone else has work experience and education but if you speak a foreign language or can type insanely fast and have some other rare skills that make you more valuable make sure to highlight them here. You can be creative but remember to stay focused on what the employer wants to see

REFERENCES

Don't put "References Available Upon Request" that's just wasting everyone's time. List them or don't.

Generally references are not needed unless asked for, there's usually not enough room for them on a resume. If you do list them, list their name, contact information and their relation to you. Employers want to know if they are calling a former boss so they know what to ask, otherwise it's a waste of time.

VERY IMPORTANT: Ask before you list someone as your reference. A lot of people don't answer their phone if they don't recognize the number...and it's sad but the person might have forgotten you, make sure they remember who you are and having something good to say about you (also make sure they are fond of you).

Article:
Do References Matter? The Pro's Don't Agree
Link

reading this made me update my resume..time to get on that job hunt again, 2 years out of college and im at a job that i could of had if i just skipped college lol(banker)

can u resend the message i cant even find the message i sent u

thanks for the useful information

No problem glad I could help :smile:.

very helpful thread, especially for soon-to-be college graduates. will be checking this thread periodically. thanks

This is what I intended so if you have any questions for post-undergrad UC graduate. Feel free to ask any questions.

P4L

Thanks for the info regarding resumes

No worries, it's tough. I think I've edited my resume already 150 times over the past three years. Still a constant evolving document.

reading this made me update my resume..time to get on that job hunt again, 2 years out of college and im at a job that i could of had if i just skipped college lol(banker)

I know what you mean. I was on management track even before I finished my Bachelor's. On top of that, the last couple of companies didn't really give me much room to grow except the one role I had prior to relocating in NorCal.

Great thread. I'll also continue to follow this thread.

For sure sounds like a plan.

UPDATE:

In the mean time since I'm here updating my stuff here's a piece of advice I can give for those who KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANNA DO!

Whether it's graduating out of high school or college. There's always a way to become successful and you gotta put your mind into it. I'm here to provide an alternative to those who wish to become their own bosses, find a new way to make more money or better yet open up the possibility of pursuing their passions.

It can get kind of scary to do these things, however if you're already working or you're a bit more fortunate than the average family (meaning you have a wealthy background), then it's easy to understand these four steps to providing a path to success.

1) RESEARCH WHAT'S IN YOUR CURRENT MARKET

I cannot stress enough, how many things haven't been done yet in our "capitalistic society." There's many industries with many demands, some may have possibilities of those demands of products and services to be crossed over.

One particular idea, I haven't seen is multi-faceted transportation ( a la recent bat mobile: The Dark Knight). Why hasn't a car manufacturer though of combining motorcycles (or all terrain bicycles) and implementing them with our modern car? So we can have versatility in modes of transportation?

Most ideas (or patents) expire within 100 years. So its best to look for trends within the past two decades and go from there. Learn from what others done in the past, what has worked and what hasn't worked.

2) CREATE A NICHE FOR YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE:

What I mean in this sense is, are you trying to become the next critic? next financial planner? next product developer? next anything?

If you have a passion and you have a lot of knowledge on it. Why aren't you taking the time to becoming an industry thought leader? Currently, I am a thought leader in two different subcultures/industries. I wish to branch out to more once I have the time, money and opportunities to open for me. In the meantime, I take the rest of the time to read, write, research, use and critique anything and everything regarding to new age business especially in 2013.

3) AFTER ESTABLISHING YOUR FOCUS: MAKE A BUSINESS PLAN

Probably the hardest thing out of everything is putting it on a word document and actually following through with your plan:

Are you going to provide a service in a particular field:
Technology, web design, financial services?

Is it a new and innovative product, if so do you have the following lined up:
Possible venture capitalists/angel investors? small loan companies chosen for funding? good line of credit built up? patents, so that others would infringe on your stuff?

Is this business good for the short or long-term? Many of us need to understand the consequences of whether or not this business will tank if we run out of funding or support (even manpower is crucial for the business to thrive when the demand gets really high).

4) FAIL, REGROUP, LEARN AND MOVE ON (OR TRY AGAIN)

I can't tell you how many times I failed. I also can tell you there's only a few times I've really succeeded in accomplishing anything business worthy (especially from an entrepreneurial stand point). I've worked in industries, where there's so much micro-management you can build on the ideas you have and your boss won't listen to you. If you run your own business, then part of the learning process is to take risks. But with every risk, make sure to COVER YOUR OVERHEAD ALWAYS OVERESTIMATE. If you underestimate, you'll lose lots of money and time (the two biggest investments any business or working professional would make). Trust me on this one, I lost a lot of interns (a lot of bad ones and a few good ones) in my current concept. So in the process, I know what to look for human resource wise. I'll get into hiring people in a later article.

----

I wanted to give this advice because its 2013. I'm kind of tired of having a lot obstacles in terms of what I want to chase in life. So I'm doing my best to make things happen and at the same time, I'm trying to appreciate everything in life. Because you never know when it's all gonna end. Life is too-short and unpredictable and as for the graduates of 2013, I'm leaving you with this message.

IF YOU HAVE NO DEBT, THEN TRAVEL, SEE THE WORLD AND WORK IN THE INDUSTRIES THAT WILL BENEFIT YOUR PASSIONS. YOU ARE LUCKY AND DON'T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!

IF YOU DO HAVE DEBT, FIND A JOB (OR JOBS) TO STAY AFLOAT AND PICK UP SKILLS. THEN SAVE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, RESEARCH WHAT YOU LOVE AND PURSUIT THOSE DREAMS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN SO THAT YOU CAN TRAVEL AND ENJOY LIFE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Treat everyone like you want to be treated because in the end you'll never know who's gonna help you tomorrow or in the future. They can be your future boss, business associate or a crucial networking connection.

Hope this all helps, cheers and Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Last edited:
Wassup NT'ers just wanted to share with you some insight as to improve your chances into landing a new job this 2013.

It's July, which means hiring season after Spring Semester for many colleges is over. Also a lot of the applications for Summer internships were due a few months back.

At this point you're probably wondering, well... how will I get an internship or job now?

Here's how... networking. I know it's a cliche' thing however with the advent of Social Media and many other tools at the finger tips of job applicants and employers, you can branch off to a path of success in no time.

1) LIST YOUR PASSIONS

Are you into skating, dancing, photography? Most likely there is a group out there for you to mingle with.
Many sites that allow these opportunities in your area are as follows:

Linkedin.com
yelp.com
meetup.com
dinewithus.com
okcupid.com (I know what you're thinking, WTF man that's a dating website)

As crazy as this sounds, if you aren't lucky enough to score on a date. Many of the supposed "potential" date partners that may go astray, can lead to possible job opportunities. I've had a few dates in the past with people that are more or less (intolerable) in terms of dating standards but from a professional background you meet people from the opposite sex from all sorts of walks of life.

So keep it simple, kosher (not always Jewish focused) and learn more about the person on a casual conversational level, before trying to get those "Yambs."
With other websites catering to those more so in broad group social activities, like dining, flash mobs and alumni/professional mixers (via linkedin or your college alumni network), they are also great and more reliable leads to get your network focused and sparked up for success.

2) SO I FOUND MY PASSION BUT IT IS IN ANOTHER INDUSTRY/COLLEGE MAJOR AND I WANT TO SWITCH CAREERS, HOW WILL I DO THAT?

Just as many of you are in college. Some of you may not be too fond of your majors after your third year. Many times some of you will attempt to be like me and do your best to do what is called a "back door transfer" (eg: Philosophy with focus into pre-law and move into cognitive market research and business management minor direction).

As I've said before, the sooner you find out what you wanna do, the better you increase your chances to developing yourself professionally into the person you wish to be after college.

For college students it is required to:
-Maintain your GPA: 3.5-4.0 is suggested), regardless if you like your major or not if this drops, for sure your success into transferring into another program are slim to none
--Talk to professors and your school counselors: If it isn't possible, maybe you can attempt with a minor focus instead or take those classes at a community college level, post undergrad if you're really willing to make a difference.
-Read your School Criteria Transfer Unit Cap Requirements (this is important if you wanna graduate on time or finish classes on time without being forced to graduate)

For post-undergrads or graduate student oriented folks
-Again if you are in grad school maintain the GPA
-Build you're network through talking to all of your grad school colleagues (you're paying up the wazoo, better make the most of it, in the 2 years you're there)
-if you're not in grad school, but you are attempting to independently make a jump through careers, research the cost and understand if its worth the risk. People who want to become business owners, usually make the same mistake they do with their college careers and end up in more debt in the long run.
-Try to apply for part time/flex time internships/externships and apprenticeship programs. I've done my fair share of stuff even after getting my degree, you can always have the capacity to learn
-Look to your alumni resources, for job aggregate listings, alumni organized events and extension/certification programs. From business, creative to legal there's a plethora of stuff. If you can afford to acquire more certifications to solidify your resume and expertise in particular field do it.

3) TREAT EVERYONE WITH RESPECT, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF THEY WILL BENEFIT IN THE FUTURE

Although you'll encounter your fair share of bad apples (I know I have), many of us tend to be a bit more superficial in our interactions in daily lives due to the exponential growth of technology and the garbage of media feeding our daily lives (knowing Kim K and Kanye's Baby name controversy over learning a new programming language to make yourself marketable to tech companies).

Get outside of the box, if you are socially awkward build up the fear and go to bars and talk to the bartenders and locals. Once in a while is nice to go to a "kick back college party" especially if you are still in college (you only live once). I can't tell you how many random professional connections I made all because I took a liquid cocaine shot for a friend's birthday in DNB's only to find out they are hiring manager for an industry that I would want to work for (or that my friend's would benefit of off).

4) BE HUMBLE, STAY GRINDING EVEN IF THE OPPORTUNITY DOESN'T WORK OUT

Each day is filled with new beginnings and greater challenges. This is my current life, balancing my career, being an advisor to a lot of young adults to grow either in an entrepreneurial or collegiate setting and chasing my own dreams all at once. I don't know if this will really help me in the long run, seeing as times I want to give up. There were many connection were wasted due to believing they would do the same to me. So know when to TRIM THE FAT (CUT OFF CONNECTIONS NOT RECIPROCATING THAT VALUE) into your network whether its personal or professional. It's not healthy and won't help you in the long run. Those who respect what you are doing will support you no matter what difficulties you go through and as of this moment I am pretty much next to nothing in terms of my social life here in NorCal since I've been "dismissed" for a lack of a better word. Therefore, I am trying to build new connections and work on what I feel is important regardless of the outcome and you should to.

Hope this helps and if you want more specific advice. Hit me back with a quote response and I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great week!

Last edited:
WASSUP NT'ERS!

It's been a long time since I updated this thread. Been working real hard trying to make it better for myself as well.

I wanted to see what types of things you folks wanted me to cover with regards to successful job/career hunting tactics for undergrads or those newly graduated from High School.

If you're not interested in articles. I do have a few job/career leads it's not much but there are jobs available for those interested.

Restaurant/Hospitality industry
Oakland,CA (Torpedo Sushi) is now hiring kitchen staff, training is available. Email them for inquiry: torpedosushi@gmail.com

Tech Industry
San Francisco (and surrounding Bay Area), CA
A few nights ago Uncubed ( a professional hiring tech mixer) event in San Francisco occurred. Would be a lot more helpful if you folks were there, if not here's the list of companies that are hiring:
Recurly, Hotel Tonight, Dropbox, Birchbox, Square, Sailthru, Airseed, Applift, Clinkle, Doubledutch and more.

Check out the companies themselves, research via internet browsing and notes and take your pick and apply to the roles that are suitable (or fulfill your interests).

Fashion/Retail Industry
Emeryville, CA
Uniqlo is Hiring for all roles (entry-level and management experience)
Anyone could apply (even from different backgrounds, I did in the past). Make sure to do your research, if you make it to top 20 interview (especially for managerial roles) prior to final selection for training. You need to have a rock solid mathematical and logic background regarding fashion and retail inventory setups, near flawless customer service protocol and managerial problem solving.

Government Industry
USPS is actively hiring for surrounding Bay Area Post Offices. Look at their government website for more info.

Hope this helps all of you looking to make the transitions you need for a better life or at least break into the industries that you're passionate about. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom