NT OFFICIAL SUSHI APPRECIATION THREAD

They have a Sushi Burrito play in Philly called the Hai Street Kitchen I believe. I tried to go there with these two girls almost a year ago till we found out it wasnt a dine in type of spot lol. Still wanna try it.

But man this thread with all these pics has me ready to hit the sushi spot this weekend. Its been too long. Got some new things to try now. My girl "doesnt like" sushi so we never go. But ill force her ***.

Last edited:
Been trying to put my wife on sushi since the day we met. Going to PF Changs on V-day hope they have sushi and it's decent

I have no idea if poke is available to buy anywhere in NY. Always see it on food shows and would crush all the tuna ones.

Last edited:
I have no idea if poke is available to buy anywhere in NY. Always see it on food shows and would crush all the tuna ones.

My pic is from Manhattan! Pokeworks on 37th and Ave of the Americas. I think I heard there are a bunch of new spots around the city too

Good to know there's spot in NY. Only place I'd seen poke was the FOOD thread on here. I think it was pretty rare in NY, at least until recently it seems.

Whats this run in NYC? $
A regular bowl is 2 scoops of fish or whatever protein you choose and it's $10.95+tax. A large bowl (what I got and what's pictured) is 3 scoops of fish and is $12.95+tax. It's a generous amount of fish. I ordered one of the standard bowls but you can also get other types of fish/seafood (salmon, albacore, scallop, etc.) for the same price. Some toppings cost extra but there are a bunch that are included with a bowl. Pretty dope spot. 

http://www.pokeworks.com/

Last edited:
Repped and thanks for the info bscarrillo427. Next time i'm in the city i'm going to try some out.

pf chang's isn't even as good as your popular neighborhood takeout spot. Went there for lunch one time and everyone I went with was disappointed with the food. I had a sake shot sampler so I wasn't too mas about it.

Crazy. We're talking about Poke not being in NY.

And I happen to be in LA. And a chick I follow in IG posts her favorite Poke spot in LA.

And I'm in the mood for a light meal as opposed to Roscoe's or In N Out.

So I go get my first Poke meal. And this **** is fantastic. From Poke Bar on Sunset.

View media item 1896805

Find another place for sushi. PF Changs is (American) Chinese food.
Ah, never been before but my wife is not much of an adventurous eater so it'll be nice for her. I gotta find some more sushi spots in the DFW area to chow at

I might try to make some poke, i think it's fairly easy

Back
Top Bottom