NT school me on Air Intakes.

Car: 01' Acura 3.2 CL - This is gonna be my first mod. Intake: AEM Version2 - Looking at installing this one. On sale for $280. Customer Review Ratingoutta 11 reviews. 4.8/5
aem_v2coldair_500.jpg
http://www.performancecenter.com/product.page/Air+Intake/Air+Intake+Kits/0/0/AEM/AEM-�6016C/Acura/2001/CL/3.2LHP gain - 16 Torque gain - 20 Gas gain - 3-4 miles per gallon Basically does it void out any warranties, who can install it, and what are the pros and cons.

for one you wont gain that much hp...u'll probably at most get about 3 to 5 horses at the wheel if that..when u buy it make sure to get a bypass valve..itspurpose is to prevent a car from hydrolocking

if your worried about hydrolocking, i would get a short ram intake. to tell you the truth i dont notice that much of a gain if any on my injen short ram. makesa dope sound though lol

fairly easy to install, unhook some hoses, toss out your old intake/airbox, put this one in... and yea you def. wont get 16 hp from it.

Originally Posted by ienycepnoyi

if your worried about hydrolocking, i would get a short ram intake. to tell you the truth i dont notice that much of a gain if any on my injen short ram. makes a dope sound though lol

from what i've heard dunno if this is true..the good thing about the v2 is u can shortin the pipe and make it into a short ram

Go to acurazine.com and look for group buys on their CL forum (the Buy/Sell forum is called "black market"). A vendor named Excelerate usually has anongoing sale for around $250 shipped. Those are pretty easy to install yourself, or you can probably have someone install it for under $50. It also won'tvoid your warranty unless you hydrolock.

save up for a supercharger instead.
http://www.caranddriver.com/specialtyfiles/6705/comptech-supercharged-acura-32cl-type-s.html

lol.

is the CAI worth the money? i'd rather spend the $300 on something else, ie suspension/tires.

hydrolock is only a problem if it rains a lot where you live or there are 1' deep puddles everywhere.

will it void a warranty? if the dealer can prove that the CAI caused engine failure. it doesn't void the warranty on the whole car.

Mileage gets affected because people like the noise of the intake and rev it more/harder, burning more gas.

Originally Posted by S23A

Mileage gets affected because people like the noise of the intake and rev it more/harder, burning more gas.

thats because of the driver..not the part itself

totally worthless, on some cars it will lower hp by drawing in hot engine air. unless you plan on routing it out into the wheel well it wont do anything.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

totally worthless, on some cars it will lower hp by drawing in hot engine air. unless you plan on routing it out into the wheel well it wont do anything.

even if its routed to the wheel well its still the same..by time the air travels up the pipe the air is hot already..intakes are only good for the sound

Most intakes are the same in terms of gains.

An Ebay SRI will perform just as well as any other branded intake on the market. Mugen intakes, Comptech Icebox etc.. will gain a little more, but you have toask yourself is the extra hundreds of dollars actually worth that 2-3gain?

Get a SRI and make a cold air box around it to prevent it sucking in hot air.. other than that, just keep your factory airbox and put in a nice drop in filterlike Spoon or K&N - I have this setup.

Injen CAI in my DC-5. It makes a cool noise and makes my engine bay look empty as hell.

No noticeable HP gains..if any. I believe it helps your car breath better..something of that sort.

I don't know about spending close to 300 though...a CAI is basically filter on a stick. You can buy a no name CAI from eBay + k&n filter..and it'lldo the same exact thing.

Cold air intakes like the one pictured are really dangerous in the rain. They make it very easy for the engine to suck in water and hydrolock. Hydrolackdestroys the engine. I would not put that on my car.

Back
Top Bottom