NT school me on Air Intakes.

On a REALLY cold night I can definitely feel a difference in acceleration, but honestly it isn't much.

Really, it just makes my car not sound like a bia bia.

i wouldn't even bother putting that on.. its mostly just sound. Put that money towards a nice set of tires, those can make a big difference in how the cardrives

For the most part, it will just make noise.

On the G, I just went with a Jim Wolf Air Filter and heat shield. No cold-air or short ram. Just a filter and heat shield. I also swapped out the intake pipefor an OEM 350Z pipe.

for acura CLs and TLs the best intake is the comptech ice box..If you dont want to spend that much for comptech go with injen..most Acura Cls and TL ownersusually go with comptech or injen. And for Tls and CLs t he intake does help on gas mileage . I have a TL and other owners on the acurazine forum also agreedthat they saw a little improvement on gas mileage, but it all depends on how you drive. If you like floorin it every time then of course you wont save any gasbut in turn burn more gas.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

for acura CLs and TLs the best intake is the comptech ice box..If you dont want to spend that much for comptech go with injen..most Acura Cls and TL owners usually go with comptech or injen. And for Tls and CLs t he intake does help on gas mileage . I have a TL and other owners on the acurazine forum also agreed that they saw a little improvement on gas mileage, but it all depends on how you drive. If you like floorin it every time then of course you wont save any gas but in turn burn more gas.

Truth.

If comptech makes parts for brands outside of Hondas like my tC, i'd probably hop on that. The ice box delivers denser air without the dangers ofhydrolocking like your normal CAI's. Go with that. Or if you're really ballin, go look for a mugen or ARC box thats like .....400+ with even lessgains, but look nice.

I've got an AEM Short Ram on my Civic, and like everyone else said, it'll make more of a noise than anything. It gained maybe a few hp but not enoughto tell much of a difference and I still get good gas mileage (37mpg when I filled up yesterday) It def makes the engine bay look a lot cleaner and produces agood sound. I only paid $100 for mine from www.thetirerack.com so I'm pretty happy with it.

GET THE V2, i have it in my car and it amazing , definitely the best intake out for acura's i hear even though its a short ram, by the way what website?
by the way i get better throttle response plus i feel the vtec more

I have a K&n intake on my mustang and it gained a couple Of HP, But to me the mileage increase was great!

You will get some marginal gains to the wheels but if you notice it is up for debate. IMO when we put one on my boys car it did seem stronger up top a little.

Originally Posted by Youngdipset20

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

and it will not save any gas milage, it will make it worse

False..

A new paper Air filter will save more gas mileage than one with the new intake tubing. The larger diameter, more free flowing tubeing allows more air intothe engine. Then in turn, the cars engine management system will add more fuel because the car is running leaner than before, causing gas mileage tosuffer.
But I agree, go suspension or get a nice sounding exhaust set up.

Back
Top Bottom