NT School me on Cartier glasses

As the title says I would like to know why are they so expensive ? I ran across a couple cats who own a few and I like them and it's something different for me at least . I noticed that it's mostly Detroit heads I bumped into with them so gimme the run down please.

its a high end designer brand... just like all the others.. you are paying for the name... they are still plastic frames at the end of the day...

Yea I know that but here in NYC I don't see anybody with them,but yet when I travel to the midwest they all over the place.

I mean to me anything that can be exploited as expensive I seen in the streets of NYC except these glasses.

Also from my research they are wooden frames well at least the 1's I was looking into getting

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

its a high end designer brand... just like all the others.. you are paying for the name... they are still plastic frames at the end of the day...
Pretty much sums it up. They're real big in Detroit. It's about the wood and the metal on the arms of the glasses.
You can get em for the low in the D tho. Those things probally will never go out of style there. People get killed
for them all the time. Its like a status thing. If you had yay's on back in 2000-2004 you was that dude. Big Sean putting
on his pair on BET probably will make the hypebeast come out for them. However, the number of fakes floating around is crazy.
Definitively a staple for a Detroit hustla
20d25b7e6a5509fc38f9797a51b8c2a01c81044.pjpeg

an old pic from when I was in high school my homie copped from a shop in Hamtramck back in 06 for $700,
but ruined them with the bracelet that he had put on by the jewelry store.

Okay I see. Funny your name is cashout because them doughboyz cashout N_s made me remember about the glasses.

Do u often run across a lot of the glasses in pawn shops being that they retail for over 1k so they're resale value should be up there also.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Okay I see. Funny your name is cashout because them doughboyz cashout N_s made me remember about the glasses.

Do u often run across a lot of the glasses in pawn shops being that they retail for over 1k so they're resale value should be up there also.
Haha funny you made this thread too, a few hours ago I put this GFC Ken - All White Buffies on my fb.
I don't really know about pawn shops, I wouldn't be surprised tho. Its hard to find a DS pair cause the style that
is the most popular isnt made anymore, I could be wrong about that. I wouldn't touch anything from Michigan
unless you know for a fact that you buying a legit pair. They make like super fakes from China now so dudes be getting burnt. It was
this jewler name Mike back a few years a go who would make fake marble arms out of counter tops. 
Try the Craigslist Detroit for Cartier. Anything under $500 is more than likely fake, and anyting with stianless steal arms probably is too.

Alright appreciate the info I'm gonna look on CL but also gonna find out what kind of warranty I can get at the cartier store it self.

Cashout whats the hype about with them all white buffies ?

I used to work in a place that sold them - but about 10 years ago.

The main reason for the cost of the ones we did was that they were made of gold - and some had wooden parts.

That's a poor material for glasses too - gold is much too soft.

Originally Posted by kdawg

The main reason for the cost of the ones we did was that they were made of gold - and some had wooden parts.

See that the same exact models I was looking at how often did u see them brought in for repairs ?

As for as I'm concerned it's for those who can afford it so if u are broke they aren't for you .

See that the same exact models I was looking at how often did u see them brought in for repairs ?

As for as I'm concerned it's for those who can afford it so if u are broke they aren't for you .
Yea the Gold on these is very fragile I think its 18kt. That same pair my bro had he broke the rim
on them when he first got them. Took it to the same store that put the bracelet on for repair.

As far as white buffies, those are probably the most expensive pair you can get. I think retail for those started somewhere between $2500-$3000.
Bufies is short for buffalo tusk. But yays in general do bring problems. My bro got his snatched in school,  only had them for a month at most. At least
$1000 down the drain.

Originally Posted by CashoutKeith

Yea the Gold on these is very fragile I think its 18kt. That same pair my bro had he broke the rim
on them when he first got them. Took it to the same store that put the bracelet on for repair.

As far as white buffies, those are probably the most expensive pair you can get. I think retail for those started somewhere between $2500-$3000.
Bufies is short for buffalo tusk. But yays in general do bring problems. My bro got his snatched in school,  only had them for a month at most. At least $1000 down the drain.
See thats the thing , they don't seem to be popular in NYC.I can rock them and be low key even tho i'm not worried about problems.

Yea I'm looking into the buffies or any other wooden frames they have.Seems like I have to go to Manhattan and look around because Brooklyn stores don't sell them.I would buy them off ebay/craigslist but the fakes look so identical.

Also I'm not looking for once in a time wear I actually wanna get them prescribed .

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

not really...they are not just a regular high end name like plastic burberry or gucci glasses for 100x the price of the plastic gas station ones...i mean a big markup comes from the brand name but they also use premium materials and come out in limited numbers for certain collections-

the look was never for me but i know some older cats who would order them with platinum, gold etc and the craftsmanship was supposed to be very high quality

Idk but a few months ago I found my moms old Cartier's she purchased in like 98 made of gold and wood. They looked pretty worn out. Threw em on ebay and got $300 for em.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom