NT, School me on Creatine

I'm curious as to what the plus' and minus' are as to taking creatine.

What are the biggest negatives? I've heard that after use it converts to fat within a month. If were to use it for a few months, would the muscle remain? Any serious side effects or things to worry about?

anybody who has used it please comment.

makes your muscles swell with water and look more jacked. only downside is after cycling off you will notice a decrease in size. muscle you gain while on it though will remain, just deflate from the decreased water retention gained from the creatine.

creatine is garbage IMO, only supp i suggest anyone take is whey protein and nothing else.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

creatine is garbage IMO, only supp i suggest anyone take is whey protein and nothing else.
You have not invested in the right creatine then or your doing it wrong.  Creatine is probably right under whey protein in terms of gaining some muscle mass without using steroids.  People often use creatine wrong though.  They go through a loading period for a long time then they drop down to lower amount and get pissed when they don't get the result they wanted.  What i'm doing right now is just trying to gain as much lean mass as I can then i'm going into a strength training regimine for a couple months after that i'll start using creatine.

Your body has it's own natural supply of creatine and it uses this for a number of reasons, but in terms of buying creatine you have to know the right time to use it as well as the right amounts.

it's all water weight. after you stop taking it, you deflate, and look disgusting

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

You have not invested in the right creatine then or your doing it wrong.  Creatine is probably right under whey protein in terms of gaining some muscle mass without using steroids.  People often use creatine wrong though.  They go through a loading period for a long time then they drop down to lower amount and get pissed when they don't get the result they wanted.  What i'm doing right now is just trying to gain as much lean mass as I can then i'm going into a strength training regimine for a couple months after that i'll start using creatine.

Your body has it's own natural supply of creatine and it uses this for a number of reasons, but in terms of buying creatine you have to know the right time to use it as well as the right amounts.

im sorry but drinking 5 gallons of water a day just to fill your muscles up with water isnt cool, not to mention could screw up your heart as well. ive done my research and know all about it, i stay away from creatine and wouldnt take it if i got the best creatine for free for the rest of my life or even got paid to take it.

You should cycle on creatine. It allows your muscles to absorb more water so you should make sure you have more then enough water.
NEGATIVES

If you use it for to long you will start to see its benefits decrease.

READ THIS: if you take a lot of creatine for a long time your body will stop making it for you. This is very BAD

my source is my Bio teacher.

I use to mess with creatine back in the day its all water weight like reign and billy said. you will loose all the gains you've made after the cycle and quick too

I haven't used to much of it... But if you do do it. Drink alot of water or it will mess up your (kidneys??? or liver???) one of those
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Watchmen

You should cycle on creatine. It allows your muscles to absorb more water so you should make sure you have more then enough water.
NEGATIVES

If you use it for to long you will start to see its benefits decrease.

READ THIS: if you take a lot of creatine for a long time your body will stop making it for you. This is very BAD

my source is my Bio teacher.

This is good info too.  Billy I don't know anything about drinking any 5 gallons a day, maybe if you want to be a professional body builder but if your a normal fit person and want to take creatine you def. dont need to drink no 5 gallons dude.  I would re-check wherever you got that from.

What watchmen posted are true, thats why I believe creatine should be used only if you want to look good for the summer or an event or something like that.  I plan on using it around summer but not for too long of a period, after that I go back to strictly using whey.  I def. don't advise using year round.

Just stick to MONOhydrate and you're good.

Don't ever buy ETHYL ESTER ever. What a joke that was+taste
eek.gif
sick.gif

My staple supps p/wo: Whey, Creatine and Glutamine

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Just stick to MONOhydrate and you're good.

Don't ever buy ETHYL ESTER ever. What a joke that was+taste
eek.gif
sick.gif

My staple supps p/wo: Whey, Creatine and Glutamine

You didn't like CEE?
laugh.gif
I thought it was good and the taste was fine with me. Kre-alkalyn was good, idk if they have it in a powder form yet.

go ahead and use it. if you follow the loading phase correctly, you will get big from all the water retention in the next couple of days. just use it with caution; drink plenty of water, cycle on/off with it, etc.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

go ahead and use it. if you follow the loading phase correctly, you will get big from all the water retention in the next couple of days. just use it with caution; drink plenty of water, cycle on/off with it, etc.

what do you mean by cycling on/off?

I'm just trying to get a feel from people's personal expiriences. My body right now has an above average amount of muscle as well and a little above average amount of fat on top. Ideally I want that fat to become muscle quick (before summer) but if i stop before summer I dont want it to turn back into fat. Soooo what I'm seeing from this thread is for my situation, dont use it?

Creatine does nothing, it adds water weight....makes you look "swollen" temporarily. Go to costco and buy a lot of chicken breasts and fish....and you should be good.

I cycle my creatine use. I bulk up some and definitely see a significant gains in strength. A few months ago was my first time taking the supp seriously and I have nothing but positives to say about it. I cycle it for many off the reasons people listed on here. An example of my strength gains is: I would normally have a 10-12 rep max of 225 on flat bench. While on the creatine I got that up to 245 in a month and a half. Now that I'm off I've seen the drop on strength. Not sure if it's due to a slight shoulder injury though.

Back
Top Bottom