NT, school me on CRUISES

The last time I've been on a cruise was when I was little so my parents paid for it. I'm thinking about taking my girl on a cruise for her 21st. Whereare the best/worst places to go? When is the best time to go? How much does a 3-6 day cruise cost? How much did you have to put down? What are the best/worstcruise lines? I.E. Royal Carribean, Carnival? Discuss

laugh.gif

Is that Keith Closs?

Yeah that's the GOAT himself but what's good with the info?
No one paid for a cruise before?

just go to travelzoo.com

plenty of good deals there. just remember that the price they show doesnt include taxes and other fees. so a $400 cruise might end up being $600.

best time to go would be whenever it's warm and sunny.

as for which best cruise line is best, it's all really subjective and probably depends more on the ship itself. just make sure you do your research beforecommitting.

My brother did Royal Carribean 7-night last year and he said it was great.

Other people I talked to say cruises were the best vacations they ever took.

The prices vary a lot depending on which you choose. Royal Carribean is moderate priced. Disney Cruises are for ballers only.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Been on 2...royal carribean and carnival...loved carnival, it was more live. But free food whenever,clubs, lq, broads...its the best. The excursions are fun too so bring more money. Went snorkling and had a great time...also i was told if you go go on aweekend 3 day. People who worked there, on royal, said the reason it was dead was cuz most people cant get outta work so they do the weekends...but hey ihaving fun no matter what[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]and if you aint tryna pay for lq every damn day, get those huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner,empty and clean it out and replace it with lq...these broads had their lil bootlegging biz[/color]

I would like more info as well..Looking to go on a cruise during the summer as a graduation gift..

Royal Caribbean > ________

I've been on 4 cruises in total, 3 on RC and they haven't disappointed. A lot of things to do on the boat and at the different ports you will visit.

The cost depends on how long the cruise is and what type of room you want. Usually the prices range from $600 (3-4 night) to over $2000.

If theres anything specific you want to ask, I'd be happy to answer.

I'm going on my 2nd cruise with Princess Cruises. I went last year and it was the !%%%
pimp.gif
. I'm going with the wifey and homies. We're rollin' 20+ deep
laugh.gif

7-day Cruise with 3 stops in Mexico. Came out to $499.

Can't wait
pimp.gif

I've been on about 7 or 8 cruises. One RC, the rest on Norwegian cause I'm hooked up there, all in the Caribbean out of Miami (cause that's whereI'm at). It is the best vacation ever if you like where they go. People say going to Europe and doing one day in each city is great, then they go back tothe ones they liked because one day isn't enough.

As for Caribbean cruises Celebrity and RC are probably the most luxurious, Carnival is the big party/singles cruising and NCL is the all-encompassing. The lastcruise they took it to another level. With the recent sicknesses they've had now there's hand sanitizer dispenser every 10 feet it seems. And notenough can be said about their Freestyle cruising. Every other cruise line tells you what time and where to eat and you sit next to the same chumps the wholecruise and you pick from a few menu items. NCL gives you a window of like 2-3 hours and lets you pick from like 4-6 restaurants serving a few similar and a fewdifferent things. The "dress up"/meet the captain night is also optional so if you only want to pack jeans/shorts and not a formal ensemble youdon't have to.

The premium restaurants are also incredible, I ate at the steakhouse (its an extra charge per person) but it was worth it, one of the better steaks I'vehad and it was quieter (not that the others were loud) with dim lights (romantic if on a two person thing). I would suggest making a reservation at a premiumrestaurant before or on the first day of the cruise.

Other than that they're almost all the same, they're all so desperate for customers that customer service is #1, I was on an elevator with a lowlymechanic and he was asking me how my day was going.

Originally Posted by the north west

do you really have to tip everyone during the cruise?

they've basically standardized it where you don't give anyone any actual money, you write in the amounts on the last day and its billed to you. youmight end up still giving more if they give you extra service like this guy who started doing magic tricks and he served us every night of the cruise.

free food, cheap liquor on the islands, water, activities

I need to go on another one since thhe last one I went on I wasn't of age to partake of alcohol. Spposed to be going on one end of this year. I tookCarnival, and from what I hear Carnival is more geared to a younger group as opposed to Royal Carribean. There were always mad random activities to engage inevery day.

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

I've been on 4 cruises in total, 3 on RC and they haven't disappointed. A lot of things to do on the boat and at the different ports you will visit.

The cost depends on how long the cruise is and what type of room you want. Usually the prices range from $600 (3-4 night) to over $2000.

Did you pay for it all at once or did you have to put down a deposit?
Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

I'm going on my 2nd cruise with Princess Cruises. I went last year and it was the !%%%
pimp.gif
. I'm going with the wifey and homies. We're rollin' 20+ deep
laugh.gif

7-day Cruise with 3 stops in Mexico. Came out to $499.

Can't wait
pimp.gif

Where'd you find this one?

Originally Posted by infamousod

I've been on about 7 or 8 cruises. One RC, the rest on Norwegian cause I'm hooked up there, all in the Caribbean out of Miami (cause that's where I'm at). It is the best vacation ever if you like where they go. People say going to Europe and doing one day in each city is great, then they go back to the ones they liked because one day isn't enough.

As for Caribbean cruises Celebrity and RC are probably the most luxurious, Carnival is the big party/singles cruising and NCL is the all-encompassing. The last cruise they took it to another level. With the recent sicknesses they've had now there's hand sanitizer dispenser every 10 feet it seems. And not enough can be said about their Freestyle cruising. Every other cruise line tells you what time and where to eat and you sit next to the same chumps the whole cruise and you pick from a few menu items. NCL gives you a window of like 2-3 hours and lets you pick from like 4-6 restaurants serving a few similar and a few different things. The "dress up"/meet the captain night is also optional so if you only want to pack jeans/shorts and not a formal ensemble you don't have to.

The premium restaurants are also incredible, I ate at the steakhouse (its an extra charge per person) but it was worth it, one of the better steaks I've had and it was quieter (not that the others were loud) with dim lights (romantic if on a two person thing). I would suggest making a reservation at a premium restaurant before or on the first day of the cruise.

Other than that they're almost all the same, they're all so desperate for customers that customer service is #1, I was on an elevator with a lowly mechanic and he was asking me how my day was going.

Originally Posted by the north west

do you really have to tip everyone during the cruise?

they've basically standardized it where you don't give anyone any actual money, you write in the amounts on the last day and its billed to you. you might end up still giving more if they give you extra service like this guy who started doing magic tricks and he served us every night of the cruise.

Good info thanks alot fam.

What a coincidence. I was just selected to go on a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise here at work with my wife. All expenses paid, yo.

It looks like it's ballin'. I can't wait.

Carnival

When i went back in 04 it was hella fun
pimp.gif

I will post pics later and everybody was hooking on the ship
tongue.gif

but now that i have a girl i would not go with Carnival its to hood lol.

Which cruise line would be more suitable for a 18 year old high school graduate. Me and a couple of friends are looking to go on a cruise but would like to goon a cruise line that has activities and other people that are in my age since ive heard of certain cruise lines havin mostly elderly people

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

co-sign ive been on 4 cruises (1 disney 2 holland america, 1 royal), and royal def was my favorite and had the most activity for young people.

Back
Top Bottom