NT, School me on Dubai

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I do not know what is the fascination with the overhype of that city. It is all materialistic and just so fake.
Thatt's why Nters like it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

You youngin's need to open your eyes
http://www.independent.co...de-of-dubai-1664368.html
I do not know what is the fascination with the overhype of that city. It is all materialistic and just so fake.

I dont get why its so hard to see, It marketed to be the Disneyland for the rich.

Because it sucks.

Strict Muslim rules. Oppression that gets swept under the rug. Terrible weather. Tackiness and tasteless displays of wealth everywhere. Absolutely no culture.

If you feel the need to only hang around only rich people, go to the Cote d'Azure, Southampton, Monaco, or any number of other places.

I went a few years ago on a business trip with the company I work for (PRL) and I have to say it was neat but I wouldn't go back.

Oh You Mad-Here is a segment from ABC I found about the torture.

It is not the full torture video. I think the whole video is out there somewhere online where you can watch it.

Quite despicable and horrifying. The prince sheikh asked for the torture to be filmed and he would watch it over and over for his own sickening enjoyment.

Maybe in 50-60 the city will build its own equity.. and looked upon by other generations as superior.

Just like Italy, France etc.. are now to us?

Originally Posted by I3

Maybe in 50-60 the city will build its own equity.. and looked upon by other generations as superior.

Just like Italy, France etc.. are now to us?
i don't get it. please elaborate.

you do understand a boat load of investers and people recently just packed up their $%! and left? That place is going downhill.

I stated this in the last Dubai thread and I will say it again...

Dubai is the epitome of all that is wrong within a society-- from their total disregard for human rights, to their exaggerated financial systems, and topossibly the worst of the bunch, their ill-concern for the environment, that place is horrible. Don't be fooled by the ritz and glitz...

smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

^ real talk. Dubai wont last.

I remember watching a special on 60 minutes or on the news, on how much employees/contractors have not gotten paid in a while.

dubai =
pimp.gif

i want to go there one day....
imagine how dope the parties are there...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom