Same street in 2003
Dubai2003-full.jpg

bd011907diminishingsmilyp2-full.jpg

dubaicontrtuc2222222-custom;size_900,457.jpg

AlBurjPanorama-custom;size_924,463.jpg

24280810_3dd983b2e4_o-custom;size_824,618.jpg

Picture1-full.jpg

TheWorldDubai-custom;size_796,485.jpg

The World Islands. 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world.

burj_al_arab-full.jpg

Burj20Dubai20Tower201-full.jpg

DOWNTOWN-custom;size_843,479.jpg

This is what downtown Dubai will look like around 2008-2009. More than 140 stories of the Burj Dubaihave already been completed. It is already the worlds tallest man made structure and it is still not scheduled to be completed for at least another year.
new-full.jpg

DSC-adv-full.jpg

That place is sick!
pimp.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

it isn't what most people think it is

thats what i heard, we had a post way back an somebody posted an article on dubai from a tourist or something. made me reconsider dubai

place is just nice to look at.

worth over a billion? cool place to visit.

not filthy rich but wanna check it out? don't unless you feel like working full time just to leave.

What happened to that big Dubai thread??

The cars posted in that thread were...
eek.gif

*que the tiger hangin out the Range Rover pic*

i remember reading that a tourist got locked up for a couple years for having a spec of weed in his shoe or something

People are super paid. All the money is borrowed and a lot of that isnt even finished.

If you cheat on your wife there you go to jail. There is no bankruptcy law there either so if you go bankrupt you go to jail.

The place is leveraged to the bone and since the economy has been terrible it hasnt been the same there. The child slave labor is insane there and in generalthere are slave who build this place.

Cheap labor with a few rich folks pretty much made this town, in addition to good credit.

With all that said I think I am going there this summer lol.

I read that article and it is definetly an eye opener. I think maybe even the king of the UAE replied to that article, if not him, then one of theprinces andthey blocked the article too.

I do not know what is the fascination with the overhype of that city. It is all materialistic and just so fake.

Did you see that torture video of one of the princes of the UAE who ordered the beating of that man in the desert?

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I read that article and it is definetly an eye opener. I think maybe even the king of the UAE replied to that article, if not him, then one of the princes andthey blocked the article too.

I do not know what is the fascination with the overhype of that city. It is all materialistic and just so fake.

Did you see that torture video of one of the princes of the UAE who ordered the beating of that man in the desert?

No do you have the vid
nerd.gif

Ive said it before and Ill say it again

Dubai is pretty much one giant allegorical SLAVESHIP

they trick and kidnap africans and middle easterners to come to the place to earn a better living, but force them into a system of slavery. They have to livein shanty towns outside the city, and make only enough money to buy the food they need, which can only be bought at the town, because theyre never paid incash. its SLAVERY

the city is FULL of prostitutes, theyre EVERYWHERE

from the article:
"Sahinal Monir, a slim 24-year-old from the deltas of Bangladesh. "To get you here, they tell you Dubai is heaven. Then you get here and realise itis hell," he says. Four years ago, an employment agent arrived in Sahinal's village in Southern Bangladesh. He told the men of the village that therewas a place where they could earn 40,000 takka a month (£400) just for working nine-to-five on construction projects. It was a place where they would be givengreat accommodation, great food, and treated well. All they had to do was pay an up-front fee of 220,000 takka (£2,300) for the work visa - a fee they'dpay off in the first six months, easy. So Sahinal sold his family land, and took out a loan from the local lender, to head to this paradise.

As soon as he arrived at Dubai airport, his passport was taken from him by his construction company. He has not seen it since. He was told brusquely that fromnow on he would be working 14-hour days in the desert heat - where western tourists are advised not to stay outside for even five minutes in summer, when ithits 55 degrees - for 500 dirhams a month (£90), less than a quarter of the wage he was promised. If you don't like it, the company told him, go home."But how can I go home? You have my passport, and I have no money for the ticket," he said. "Well, then you'd better get to work," theyreplied. "

DUBAI IS A ****HOLE THAT ENDORSES AND OUTRIGHT SUPPORTS SLAVERY AND RACISM. At the rate things are happening right now, the city will die in about 10 years atthe most.

Dubai blows, I could do the same things I did there in New York. Word of advice, don't go if you're poor.

i refuse to go...they're too strict....i would prob end up getting arrested because i don't know one of their ridiculous muslim laws

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Thatt's why Nters like it
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom