Portland has:

no sales tax

great selection of micro brews

completely nude strip clubs

good food

relatively safe for a big city

and Portland's basketball team > Seattle's basketball team

oh wait they don't have one

good one bro. in that case our nfl and mlb teams are better than yours considering you don't have either. I'd rather have two pro teams than 1 pro teamthat got upset in the 1st round.
Iwas actually just there a couple weeks ago. People are nice, but their city sucks. SEATTLE $%**#!!

People who live in Portland think they're a relevant american city but when people think of the PNW, Seattle is the first city to come to mind.

The driest city ever...was born and raised there and i grew to HATE it. Jumped state as soon as I graduated college.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Portland = city that WISHES it could be Seattle. Seriously, I went there for a weekend and hated it there. Roads are narrow as %*$%, not even diverse, even their downtown sucks.
smh.gif
true... originally from cali and can't wait till i'm done with my degree to get back to down south
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

Portland = city that WISHES it could be Seattle. Seriously, I went there for a weekend and hated it there. Roads are narrow as %*$%, not even diverse, even
their downtown sucks.
smh.gif
you gotta be an underage kid if you went there for the weekend and hated it

No, after living in Seattle my whole life and paying a visit to the other side of the Pacific Northwest, it's pretty obvious which is the better city.Though I will admit, your guys' outdoor sightseeing > ours. However, our urban tourism >>>>>>> yours.

seems boring as hell over there. but they have strip clubs, no tax etc.
i went there a few months ago for my grampas funeral. some koo dank as well.

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Never been there.

I don't know what the scenery is like, I've never been there.

The people from Portland on NT are cool, but I don't know about everyone else....'cause I've never been there.

One girl I know from Portland is like a 6, I don't know about any other girls.....'cause I've never been there.

I don't think so, but Raphael Saadiq said it never rains in Southern California. He was wrong, RATxAxTAT told me that.

I don't think they talk about much else aside from Nikes and life.
laugh.gif

My man. At some point while typing that up, you had to stop and think "Maybe i'm not qualified to answer this." right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HKM206

I have lived in Portland the majority of my life

Portland has:

no sales tax

great selection of micro brews

completely nude strip clubs

good food

relatively safe for a big city

and Portland's basketball team > Seattle's basketball team

oh wait they don't have one

good one bro. in that case our nfl and mlb teams are better than yours considering you don't have either. I'd rather have two pro teams than 1 pro team that got upset in the 1st round.
Iwas actually just there a couple weeks ago. People are nice, but their city sucks. SEATTLE $%**#!!

People who live in Portland think they're a relevant american city but when people think of the PNW, Seattle is the first city to come to mind.

pimp.gif

I think people from Seattle have some sort of inferiority complex because no one said that Portland was better than Seattle

dude was just asking info bout Portland and dudes feel the need to make this a Seattle vs Portland

Definitely. You Seattle heads were the ones who sparked the whole Seattle > Portland argument.

Why not just go out and say NYC > Seattle? Or how about LA > Seattle? That just makes you Seattle folk seem like huge elitists with no regard or respectfor any other city.

Portland is definitely somewhere you need to live in to truly appreciate. All the neighborhoods and their personalities are the best part about Portland.Seattle has its pros/cons but Portland does too.

Since I was born and raised there, there is nowhere I've been that's made me feel more comfortable and more proud of being from than Portland. I'mnot planning to move away from Portland anytime soon.

Well he did ask about the Pacific Northwest.
grin.gif
He asked about Portland
grin.gif

Originally Posted by calibeebee

just google "meth addiction"
laugh.gif

Yeah. We're known for that too.

I think people from Seattle have some sort of inferiority complex because no one said that Portland was better than Seattle

dude was just asking info bout Portland and dudes feel the need to make this a Seattle vs Portland
Yup. They always have to come in and *@#+ all over our city, for no reason. Just need to be heard... like they think people forget about them ifPortland's being talked about.

I've lived in the pacific nw my whole life green wise Hawaii > Pacific NW > Everywhere else

I watched a 15 minute video on the actual city of Portland, it looked so Dope. It's all made with the human being in mind for bikes and walking, not forcars.. the city looked sick.

Originally Posted by LiLwAnG05

Definitely. You Seattle heads were the ones who sparked the whole Seattle > Portland argument.

Why not just go out and say NYC > Seattle? Or how about LA > Seattle? That just makes you Seattle folk seem like huge elitists with no regard or respect for any other city.

Portland is definitely somewhere you need to live in to truly appreciate. All the neighborhoods and their personalities are the best part about Portland. Seattle has its pros/cons but Portland does too.

Since I was born and raised there, there is nowhere I've been that's made me feel more comfortable and more proud of being from than Portland. I'm not planning to move away from Portland anytime soon.

laugh.gif
Is it really that serious? You and the north west need to lighten up a little.

OP, I'm just saying, if you're gonna visit the PNW, you should come up to Seattle. Unless you have family/friends in Portland.
"How is it out there in the Pacific NW?"
He asked about the PNW btw....

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

i heard they got some dank up there

That's the Northwest for you. I live in Seattle and I like it here, I don't think I could live in Portland though.

I do wish they were a bit closer though so I could go watch more Blazers games.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

OP, I'm just saying, if you're gonna visit the PNW, you should come up to Seattle. Unless you have family/friends in Portland.
the title clearly says school me on Portland, OR

yet dudes feel the need to write Seattle > Portland

Originally Posted by LiLwAnG05

Why not just go out and say NYC > Seattle? Or how about LA > Seattle? That just makes you Seattle folk seem like huge elitists with no regard or respect for any other city.

Portland is definitely somewhere you need to live in to truly appreciate. All the neighborhoods and their personalities are the best part about Portland. Seattle has its pros/cons but Portland does too.

Since I was born and raised there, there is nowhere I've been that's made me feel more comfortable and more proud of being from than Portland. I'm not planning to move away from Portland anytime soon.

laugh.gif
Is it really that serious? You and the north west need to lighten up a little.
laugh.gif

Federal Way>Seattle>Portland
nerd.gif

Calm down and go have some salmon
pimp.gif

the title clearly says school me on Portland, OR

yet dudes feel the need to write Seattle > Portland

After asking about Portland, he asked about the PNW. I guess he had 2 questions. I proceeded to answer his second question by saying that the PNW's largestcity (Seattle) is a better place to visit than the PNW's other city (Portland).
Just sharing opinions here. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. You must be really passionate about your city because it seems as if this is hurting yourfeelings. I apologize for that.

You must be really passionate about your city because it seems as if this is hurting your feelings. I apologize for that.

It's more like we're tired of you people up north always +%++!#!* on us for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom