NT, school me on Scientology

I know this probably ain't the place to ask for legitimate information, but there has to be at least one person on here that knows whats up.

(and for the record, i'm not lookin to join their church)

Lol...i know almost NOTING about Scientology, but it just seems like people have a vendetta against it for really no reason.  From the very little I know it seems like it you pay a good amount of money and are given manuals/information/a way to do a certain thing (i.e give up drugs, prison rehab, etc).  One of their most controversial beliefs is they don't believe in psychiatry  I think.  From what I gather it seems as legit a religion as any other.  There seems to be a lot of reason/makes sense stuff about it.  It seems a more "modern" religion than most others.  There is some random nonsense about some extraterristrial planet or some other hocus pocus but besides that it seems to have a lot of thought behind it.  I don't really believe in psychiatry that much.  I think it just helps people develop a thin veneer of saneness over a general inability to connect with the world.  I don't know enough about it to really comment on it though.  

ok i watched the whole south park episode and the tom cruise video and:
1. Tom Cruise is nuts (i know i've probably been sleeping)
2. The whole basis of Scientology and Xenu story is so out there, i have really no words.

^ Okay now that you've gotten the basics, I'd recommend you do some google searches about this whole Scientology thing being a dangerous, brainwashing cult. Some stuff was
eek.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

Most of the stuff ive seen shows the very extremes of the religion (ie the members verbally assaulting specific individuals in the streets and the photos they take and how they try to ruin naysayers lives). Im thinking you could do that with just about any religion out there. I'd like to hear and see some normal unbiased info, unless thats just not realistic

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Lol...i know almost NOTING about Scientology, but it just seems like people have a vendetta against it for really no reason.  From the very little I know it seems like it you pay a good amount of money and are given manuals/information/a way to do a certain thing (i.e give up drugs, prison rehab, etc).  One of their most controversial beliefs is they don't believe in psychiatry  I think.  From what I gather it seems as legit a religion as any other.  There seems to be a lot of reason/makes sense stuff about it.  It seems a more "modern" religion than most others.  There is some random nonsense about some extraterristrial planet or some other hocus pocus but besides that it seems to have a lot of thought behind it.  I don't really believe in psychiatry that much.  I think it just helps people develop a thin veneer of saneness over a general inability to connect with the world.  I don't know enough about it to really comment on it though.  
Stop talking.

Back
Top Bottom