NT- School me on tester fragrances.

I was searching colognes on bing and stumbled on fragranceshop.com. They sell testers for like half the price. Is there any noticeable difference between this and what I would buy at a retail store like Macy's? Are these like the cologne equivalent of B grades or even worse variants? Whats the scoop?

from what i understand they dont come in the fancy box/case it normally comes in and it wont have one of those pin thingies on the little spray part on the top of the bottle

Originally Posted by MECKS

no fancy box and/or cap.

same liquid

cool...if its the same liquid I don't see why anyone would buy a regular bottle tho.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

there are used no? like wouldnt you have less cologne then a regular bottle?
I doubt they'll sell you used cologne, lol. I've bought a tester bottle before and then an original, no difference except for the labeling on the bottle.

Here is the thing about buying any fragrance online. It more than likely is old and you run a huge risk of buying "fake" fragrance. Why don't you want old fragrance? Because fragrance only has a 2 year shelf life. After that it starts breaking down and doesn't hold the scent like it used to. If you still want to buy then at least do your research on the company/site. Try and look up reviews for it because a lot will claim it is authentic fragrance and there are a lot of people who actually get fooled into think it is legit but in actuality may not be at all.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Originally Posted by MECKS

no fancy box and/or cap.

same liquid

cool...if its the same liquid I don't see why anyone would buy a regular bottle tho.
prestige and status. if you were rich would you want someone to open your cupboard and see a bottle of cologne without the top?

just saying. its really why tho. they did a study on this on rodeo drive with CHANEL NO. 5 . none of the tester bottles sold.....

Back
Top Bottom