NT School me on the CTS

So my boy works at a dealership and they're clearing out their 2011 stock. 2011 CTS AWD for 325/mo and 1000 down.

I'm really tempted to take him up on this even though I told myself I'd never lease a car...this feels like a steal though. What are your opinions on the CTS? I wanted to wait until next year and just buy a 2011 Charger R/T but now I'm not so sure.

BTW in before "buy a 2002 bmw with 300k miles on it"

Son.... For a LEASE?! This better be a V coupe. I don't even see why/how you're debating between this and a damn Charger. The Cadillac obviously wins bro... That's a horrible deal for a lease if you're making less than six figures though. Now if that was a purchase price...

I def would not lease a car because of the milage restrictions.... If your a person who never drives because its easier to use public trans then lease the whip

My boy has that 2011  coupe cts. The whip is tough and he has a basic model. Its def a head turner and would get you way more buns than a charger.

The car rides smoothe and the push start is nice. The keyless key is fire too. Its a great car man and very stylish

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Son.... For a LEASE?! This better be a V coupe. I don't even see why/how you're debating between this and a damn Charger. The Cadillac obviously wins bro... That's a horrible deal for a lease if you're making less than six figures though. Now if that was a purchase price...

LOLQUESENOR?

unless your buying this then dont bother.

2011_cadillac_cts-v_coupe_18.jpg

what's so crucial about a lease?

i thought if you leased, you got to own it at the end of the term?

mileage restrictions?

#imlost

I mean, I'm not making 6 figures but even with rent (apartments and leases 
laugh.gif
what am I doing), and all my other expenses it's not an outrageous price. But that's kind of why I wanted to ask for opinions seeing as I've never leased a car before.

I moved closer to my office so I'm around 4 miles from there, but my current "work" location is another 8 miles away. Really the only driving I do so 12k miles per year wouldn't hurt me. Right now I drive an '02 Grand Prix GTP but it only has 73k miles on it

Originally Posted by ricky409

what's so crucial about a lease?

i thought if you leased, you got to own it at the end of the term?

mileage restrictions?

#imlost
Usually at the end of a lease you can lease a new car unless you do a lease to own. I would rather lease than own since you'll be under warranty the entire time. Lease to own can be just as expensive too. Last time at the Benz dealership I did the math and it turned out to be around $120k to buy the car at the end of the lease as opposed to just dropping the $100k to buy it straight up. Regardless I'll never buy a car again since maintenance on my last Benz was about $5k extra a year
30t6p3b.gif

Op it sounds like your mind is already set.

I'm not a hater, so i understand why u want that caddy

Just know man that milage is real and I think you should keep your prand prix or purchase a daily driver if your gonna be about that leasing luxury cars life

In my situation a lease is not ideal. I would like too ride through the city and stunt or mod the whip

My boy whip is a lease and he barely drives it... on a regular day u will see this cat pushing a scion cube
eyes.gif

Beware of that milage

OP, id wait for the 2011 Charger RT man. car is beautiful and im guessing you will get it loaded?

My mind isn't really "set" but it sounded like a good deal. I wanted to get some opinions on the car itself and the idea of leasing in general before I looked too much into it. The whole thing with maintenance isn't too much of a concern cause pops fixes all my stuff for me as long as I buy the parts, but the warranty would be nice.

I was gonna wait until my birthday (April) and go after a 2011 model and let someone else take the hit on depreciation but this caught my attention. Appreciate the feedback!

im sorry but that cts line is basura. that design has been ugly to me since it first debuted way back when. the V has a great engine i hear, but i'd even pass on that based of design alone.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

im sorry but that cts line is basura. that design has been ugly to me since it first debuted way back when. the V has a great engine i hear, but i'd even pass on that based of design alone.

Good thing your opinion is that of every person to ever want a car. 

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

My mind isn't really "set" but it sounded like a good deal. I wanted to get some opinions on the car itself and the idea of leasing in general before I looked too much into it. The whole thing with maintenance isn't too much of a concern cause pops fixes all my stuff for me as long as I buy the parts, but the warranty would be nice.

I was gonna wait until my birthday (April) and go after a 2011 model and let someone else take the hit on depreciation but this caught my attention. Appreciate the feedback!

dont get me wrong, i dont care for the CTS but for $325 a month thats not a bad deal at all. my friends mom recently got one and shes paying $425+ a month for her lease and hers is base model. im guessing its the same model but $325 aint bad if you need a car now.

That sounds like a good deal to me. Problem is that it's a lease, and (IMO) I would rather buy.

There must be some CEOs and GMs on NT, cause a CTS-V costs like $80K. Most regular cats can't afford that. Really and truly, most regular cats can't afford a BASE CTS. A base CTS is a really nice car. We are talking about a Cadillac here, not a Geo Metro.

I have a Charger RT now, and let me tell you...I would rather have a Caddy.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

That sounds like a good deal to me. Problem is that it's a lease, and (IMO) I would rather buy.

There must be some CEOs and GMs on NT, cause a CTS-V costs like $80K. Most regular cats can't afford that. Really and truly, most regular cats can't afford a BASE CTS. A base CTS is a really nice car. We are talking about a Cadillac here, not a Geo Metro.

hes talking about the new charger which craps on the old.

370 horses, whole new interior with excellent quality leather. and a beautiful new design.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

hes talking about the new charger which craps on the old.

370 horses, whole new interior with excellent quality leather. and a beautiful new design.

I would still take the CTS over a 2012 Charger RT.  Hands down.  But that is just my humble opinion.  I think I'm just turned off to Chargers since I've been driving one for 3+ years.  LOL.

cha mann , I would go for it not even a fan of Caddy but the car looks clean and it doesn't sound like you drive that much.

Back
Top Bottom