NT: School me on the Jordan IX Olives

I want these for winter, and am actively
aj9_blk_olive_6.jpg
ing tonight, people will die. Im a man of my word. HaHAhAHahAHAhA."[/center]

I got a NDS sz. 11 at a thrift store for $10. The midsole on mine is cracking a little bit, but they are built tough. Look like army boots.
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

retroed once in 2002, but im not sure about how they hold up
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Released in '94, then retroed in 2002.
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

They were released twice.

1994 and 2002. They didn't sell well either time.

Some people still hate on them because they don't have a hologram, or 3M, or fake patent leather with sparkles in it.

The 94 version has plastic lace eyelets on the first set of lace holes. The Retro version is missing the plastic eyelets on the first set of lace holes.

The following point is obvious to most of us, but I'm going to spell it out in case somebody doesn't know.:

On the Retro, The midsole itself holds up okay, but the *paint* on the midsole does crack. So far, the paint on mine has yet to actually flake off in the same way as some of the Retro IVs I don't wear mine more than 2 or 3 times a year these days. So it may possibly flake off yet.

I'm fairly sure the original version has a dyed midsole but i may be wrong.

I'm not sure if the original version is more prone to a separated midsole than the Retro.

The fit is around true to size, but as you said a little neat. They're reasonably comfortable, but if you're on the heavy side, you're may find the forefoot cushioning lacking.

If i missed something, feel free to send me a message.

Quote:
they are so ugly, why would you wear those?

That insight was very useful. Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule.
Air Jordan Retro: You can't go back.

Thanks a lot swingshot!

Quote:
they are so ugly, why would you wear those?

I like them.

-edit-

Quote:
On the Retro, The midsole itself holds up okay, but the *paint* on the midsole does crack. So far, the paint on mine has yet to actually flake off in the same way as some of the Retro IVs
THE JOKER GANG
"Starting tonight, people will die. Im a man of my word. HaHAhAHahAHAhA."​

Quote:
Quote:
Did you m

The paint cracking on the IX Retro isn't as big a problem as it is on (some Retro IVs - on the Cool Grey IV for instance it won't just crack, it will chip and fall off, exposing the grey midsole underneath.

I've just had a look at my IXs and on mine at least, it almost looks like it's just heavy creasing.

I'll try to add a picture later.
[/quote]

Thanks man. Still searching for some...
Really though, I'm just here to boost my post count.
THE JOKER GANG

If you have a look on a certain auction site, there's an OG pair listed at a fairly reasonable price.

Yeah, I was hoping to buy the retro though, just because I don't want to risk it.
Really though, I'm just here to boost my post count.
THE JOKER GANG

Back
Top Bottom