NT should have a 5 de mayo banner...

jumpshot

Banned
Joined Apr 7, 2009
why? It's not even a major holiday in Mexico. It's become an Americanized and commercialized bs holiday, much like Valentines Day.

Joined Sep 23, 2005
jumpshot speaks the truth. nt shouldn't have a banner for it.

but i love it all the same.

Joined Apr 15, 2008
Originally Posted by Jumpshot

why? It's not even a major holiday in Mexico. It's become an Americanized and commercialized bs holiday, much like Valentines Day.

I can believe that.

Joined May 8, 2005

Joined Jan 30, 2008

yup. Another marketing holiday.

oh you mad

Supporter
Joined Oct 28, 2007

You are right.. but we don't get one for César Chávez day, or September 16..

Worth a shot

Joined Mar 13, 2008
Nah, I'm sure NT staff wouldn't want to pick sides on the historical stuff. Isn't Cinco de Mayo a revolutionary holiday? Just on a political tip, Ican see NT steering clear of celebrating non-US or Canadian National holidays just because every freedom fighter is another person's "terrorist".No use pissing people off...

Joined Jul 1, 2008
I remember in Elementary and Middle School my Spanish teachers would always throw a party for Cinco De Mayo...*exhale* those were the days.

Joined Jul 2, 2002
Most mexican beer > corona

It may be an "American" holiday but tell that to the people in Mexican town in Detroit
Streets are PACKED everyone havin a good %%! time

If only I wasn't up at school. Just got a fifth of tequila tho...bout to sit on the porch and chill for the day

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now