NT Showcase Artist for the Month Of March HOLLYWOOD FLOSS

Yo, I didn't even realize this page was up yet

I wanna say thanks to Gabe and NT for considering me

I'm on my phone right now, but when I get to my press kit, I will fill everyone in on

HOLLYWOOD FLOSS
Myspace.com/hwflossss

It's brand new. Just pinned today.

Please Don't Judge is definitely my favorite track from FLOSS. It's a carryover from the NT Mixtape but it definitely deserves some burn.

^Thanks for the compliment Please Dont Judge is a very true personal track, and i produced it as well

Quick rundown

HOLLYWOOD FLOSS
Rapper / Producer / Promoter / Blogger - internetapproved.blogspot.com

Here is an interview to help you get familiar with me:

http://realultimatepower.wordpress.com/2008/12/09/hollywood-floss-interview/

I'm a mix of underground and mainstream. I try to balance lyrics and being able to relate as much as possible. I look at music like it should be your ownand not a copy, because in the end its your thoughts and what YOU have been through - so why not tell your story and be different in the process, QUIT copyingother artist whole styles - i dont mind expanding on ideas, but to be a carbon copy is just wack

FAVE Emcee's - Andre 3k, Jay-Z, Ceelo, Eminem, Nas, Phonte

more coming up

Yo Floss, you being the first one out the gate you have to make sure to promote your thread and hopefully make this a success.

Let us know some more about what's going on with you.

What are you currently working on?

Is there a specific NT artist or Producer that you'd like to work with?

Any tips or tricks for anyone trying to break into the biz (any that you'd care to share I mean...)

No doubt, i will promote this thread heavy and update it throughout my 2 weeks... And share as much info as possible

^ Thanks Rhyme

Currently Im on my Independent grind heavy - Making my album Art or Fiscal Intelligence last summer has really opened doors for me in the Houston / Austin areaand on countless Internet Blogs - including my own Internetapproved.blogspot.com (Check It Out)

Here is the Art or Fiscal Intelligence Album in full form, and i will put up links for individual songs

http://www.mediafire.com/?xmnqajdejyn

Because of this album, i was offered an EP with a local rock/electronica/ atmosphere producer named SANS BAYONET

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gwojdfdmnwd

Now with the release of these two products, i went out to the world to get my name out there and buzzing HERE IS THE PRESS:

http://www.urbanmusicblog...imepiece-all-of-my-love/

http://www.illscene.com/?p=398

http://wheredidmyparachut.../11/hollywood-floss.html

http://www.thepressplaysh...-floss-better-times.html

http://www.thehiphopchron...wood-floss-better-times/

I Think what makes me stand out is the fact that I'm not afraid to
1. Be myself
2. reach to audiences outside of hiphop and pull them into my world
3. I rap and produce (So usually if you dont like my rhymes, then you'll love my production or vice versa)

I have started YOUTUBE & VIMEO channels, detailing my current music life and situation
youtube.com/yuppy808
vimeo.com search for Hollywood FLOSS
Here is a sample of both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgcLPXK5_Gg

INTERVIEWS

image.in: Why do you rap?

Hollywood Floss: First off, thanks for taking the time to even interview me…Second, no disrespect to any MC or rapper, but I don't rap…I make all types ofmusic and rap just happens to be one of them, i'm focusing on for the present.

image.in: Which type of music would you say you enjoy making the most?

Hollywood Floss: Lately, its been a whole bunch of genre's mixed together, like rock mixed with rap and techno (no lie). I've been trying to just makebetter songs as far as instrumentation goes, instead of a sample and drums (not that there's anything wrong with that *Jerry Seinfeld voice*).

image.in: Why do you believe most rappers, rap?

Hollywood Floss:
1. To get out of their current situation or,
2. They really love it and want to become good sooner or later.
3. Naturally gifted with poetry or spoken word, but need music behind it.

image.in: Since you rap, would it be safe to say MC'ing is your favorite of the four pillars of hip-hop?

Hollywood Floss: Its actually a tie between MC'ing and Production, but since Production is not a pillar, yeah we can say that lol.

image.in: What are your aspirations as a rapper? How do you plan to accomplish them?

Hollywood Floss: I want to put the best music out as possible, if that leads to me getting signed, cool- if not I'll fall back on my production and helpthe next artist out.

image.in: A lot of people think the state of rap music has been in a constant decline for a number of years. What thing(s) do you think could be done toimprove it?

Hollywood Floss:
1. I think it has to start with creativity and starting your own lane…Let me tell you, most artists want to be like their fav artist, but forget that you stillhave to be you…It makes no sense to be NAS or EMINEM, because the people or fans can go listen to them. The music game doesn't need clones, butoriginality…Don't be afraid to be yourself and start your own genre.

2. Don't do it for the money, but for the love and the money will come.

image.in: Do you often listen to your own music?

Hollywood Floss: Hell yeah- that's the only way to get better, and hopefully you'll see yourself grow as an artist.

myspace. com/hwflossss - Hopefully people reading this will want to see me grow!
image.in: Which people (not just rappers) have had the biggest influence on your music?

Hollywood Floss: Its really not music besides the list below, its more growing up and seeing life for myself, wanting to travel and experience. Realizing Idon't care what others think about my art- if you have a problem make your own.

Datarock, Kanye West, Andre 3k , Coldplay, Jay-Z (Volume 1), Common (Electric Circus), N.E.R.D, Lupe Fiasco, Blu, The Beatles, and Lamont Dozier.

image.in: Who are some local rappers you'd like to work with? Why?

Hollywood Floss:
Kidd The Great - Great vocal talent.
Preso! - Straight up musicmaker, dope music.
Hero & Rad - Lyricists.
Nosaprise - Dope content.
Smash Bro - Very humble, and appreciates creativity.
Solange - She is a very good writer on the low.
Fat Tony - We've actually worked together Love Life and Invasion- I produced both, but is always fun to work with 'cause of the energy.

image.in: Who is the best rapper that's under-the-radar right now, iyo?

Hollywood Floss: I truly believe i'm the best under-the-radar myself- people rather get one of my beats, but I feel my overall song input and creativity isunder the radar if the people want someone other than me…i'm going to go with KiDD The Great.

image.in: Who's your favorite non-rapping musician?

Hollywood Floss: Prince.

image.in: Why is prince your favorite non-rapping musician (not saying he's not supposed to be or anything, just posing the question as a follow-up)?

Hollywood Floss: Just a genius artist, and I admire anyone who can play 1 instrument well- but to be able to play 20 or more instruments is just in anotherleague and he can sing…He does what he feels is music and I want to take on that challenge as well.

image.in: Who's the last artist you listened to?

Hollywood Floss: As I surfed the internet, I was jamming 808s and Heartbreaks.

image.in: What's your opinion of the new Kanye album?

Hollywood Floss: It has its moments like heartless, paranoid and robocop…it isn't his best, but I understand where he is in life and I appreciate him forpushing the envelope…If you listen to the actual words in some of the songs, they arent the most lyrical, but they're true and easy to relate to. Andi'll take a song I can relate to over some musician trying too hard.
image.in: What do you like the most about rap music? What do you dislike the most about it?

Hollywood Floss: I actually like when people use compound syllables to rhyme, I think that's dope…I hate all the rules it has "you cant do this,""That aint hiphop!" Blah blah blah, just make music.

image.in: How would you convey to people that don't believe rapping is a respectable form of music, that it is?

Hollywood Floss: Why try to convince them? I don't need someone to tell me what's respectable when it comes to an artform…If I bow down to them i'madmitting to them their opinion on music is more important than mine, and its not. You like what you like and we all have our own set of ears, so to each hisown.

image.in: It's a trick question…like you stated, you don't need to convince them. Concerning taste in music (and opinions of art in general), do youthink there is a line to be drawn between opinion and fact?

Hollywood Floss: Only when its the truth. Other than that, NO. Here's an example of truth: Kanye has 4 studio albums, so that's fact, but opinion isgonna be which one you like the best or how you rank them and in what order.

image.in: How do you think your taste in music has evolved over time?

Hollywood Floss: What's funny is, as a kid I went to a 90% white school, and loved alternative music. But when I was coming home there was soul and r&bin the house, and it wasn't until I was a teen that I discovered rap…So I would have to say my taste has always been open, but a couple of years ago I wentthrough a rap or hip-hop only phase which hid those other sides…but now its grime, rock, crunk, dub, reggae or whatever's good, i'm jamming..

image.in: What would you say was your best body of work?

Hollywood Floss: I hate to sound cliche and I will, but it truly hasn't been made yet…that's a question for retiring cats lol or people with insanecatalogs like Madonna or Jay-z or something haha.
image.in: What do you have planned in the near future concerning shows, releases, etc.?

Hollywood Floss: SHOWS - I have Secret Awesome Fest 9000 coming up Nov.28, go to armfar. com for more info. Dec. 6th at the Cellar Bar 3140 Richmond Ave…Buti'm always searching for NEW SHOWS and A MANAGER- so if you're out there hit me up if interested, REPEAT I NEED SHOWS AND A MANAGER or BOOKING AGENT- Idon't mind splitting the cash!

Releases - Out now, I have Art or Fiscal Intelligence and the Ari Gold Tendencies EP. I will have one more album called Big Fish, Small Pond- then I have anidea that will change the game (imo).

I plan on making 50 to 100 songs and let fans decide there own album to order…so if fan #1 likes 33, 50 , 10 and 2…they order that and i ship it to them, butfan #2 might order 99, 80,15 and 7. So remember where you heard it first on that idea!

Gabe, who was the other judge?

I plan on making 50 to 100 songs and let fans decide there own album to order…so if fan #1 likes 33, 50 , 10 and 2…they order that and i ship it to them, but fan #2 might order 99, 80,15 and 7. So remember where you heard it first on that idea!
I like this idea.

Whoa fam!! Save some for Next WEEK!!

Your freestyle was nice.

Where in the hell did this thread come from?

Good looks for our boy FLOSS, I'm going to run through those tracks as soon as I come back from my test tonight.

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

It's brand new. Just pinned today.

Please Don't Judge is definitely my favorite track from FLOSS. It's a carryover from the NT Mixtape but it definitely deserves some burn.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom