NT, so my girlfriend wants to drive from Detroit to Brazil.....

....so she started a KickStarter to help fund her journey.

She's calling it the CLOTH project as she tries to uncover the social significance of clothing, to understand the excessive consumerismin the U.S.

The end product is the publication of a hardcover book aptly named CLOTH., detailing her journey and her findings.

She just launched her Kickstarter last week and things have been going great so far. I'm just doing what I can to help her out.

Check out her KICKSTARTER and feel free to support if you want. I definitely appreciate that.

There's a video on the page detailing her project.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
I know this is NT, b. So in before riveting tales of "knowing" her in hopes of thread derailment

Originally Posted by 18th letter

She's trying to get 15 stacks? lmao
laugh.gif
I'm just a messenger, b.

Originally Posted by The Encore

Yeaaaaaaa ... You may want to post some pics to get these dudes to actually "care"
There's a video
laugh.gif

That sounds scary more than it is exciting...the cities she would have to cross through to get there, can one car even make that kind of trip?...lol

I don't understand how this can even be considered a Kickstarter project. I mean, if she had already done the journey and needed money for compiling the book and distribution, that would be one thing.
Still, who am I to dash one's goals. With that said, good luck to her.

Is she in a PhD or masters program right now?

Does she have a writing and research background?

This is sick, props to her for doing this. I'll definitely be donating.

Quick question though, is she doing this just as a "i like fashion, this would be cool" or is there more behind it?

The significance of clothes? To not be naked and cold
laugh.gif
. But what do I know? Hope she finds what she's looking for.

She better have some good protection or somethin cuz she is goin through some very sketchy places

Originally Posted by Azndood21

This is sick, props to her for doing this. I'll definitely be donating.

Quick question though, is she doing this just as a "i like fashion, this would be cool" or is there more behind it?

Nah she just graduated with a fashion merchandising/marketing degree from FIDM in Los Angeles. She has a successful fashion line out of Detroit, in which Big Sean & Mike Posner helped her to sponsor and get the word out. It's her livelihood, b so its not like she's doing it on a trivial level.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

laugh.gif
I'm just a messenger, b.
No, you're not.
You're the dude she turns to while cuddling naked and asks if this is a good idea while she cutely taps your nose.
You replied, "Of course babe, I believe in you.", which ultimately leads to her kidnap and murder.
Some boyfriend you are.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

laugh.gif
I'm just a messenger, b.
No, you're not.
You're the dude she turns to while cuddling naked and asks if this is a good idea while she cutely taps your nose.
You replied, "Of course babe, I believe in you.", which ultimately leads to her kidnap and murder.
Some boyfriend you are.

And  that's just in Detroit

"Where will you sleep?
I don’t plan on doing much sleeping but when I do, couchsurfing, hostels, and cheap motels.

Are you driving by yourself?

Heck, no! My mom agreed to come along
smile.gif
"

For your sake OP, I hope this ends well

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

laugh.gif
I'm just a messenger, b.
No, you're not.
Some boyfriend you are.

And  that's just in Detroit
i cant breathe!!

Its a cool idea but its also idiotic at the same time. South america is dangerous, bottomline. Its not europe where you could backpack all over. Honestly there have been stories where people have tried the same thing, and along the way, terrorist/rebel/guerilla groups have stopped and detained them for months even years. The roads are grimy as hell too. Its just not a bright idea and if you love your girl you wont let her do that. Seriously man, if it was as acheivable and safe as she thinks, thered be alot more people doing it. south america is poor, abd theyll smell a traveler from miles away. If you think im jokin bout stickup kids along the way, just look it up. It aint a joke. Them dudes will kidnap a baby for some $$, lets not even imagine what theyll do if they find out your girls an american traveler with guap for a project.

Back
Top Bottom