NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Something to think about.
 Giving up on your goals because you had a setback, is like slashing the other three tires because you had a flat.
Stay positive my friends! 
smile.gif

"Heading home on the Q train yesterday when this young black guy nods off on the shoulder of a Jewish man. The man doesn't move a muscle, just lets him stay there. After a minute, I asked the man if he wanted me to wake the kid up, but he shook his head and responded, 'He must have had a long day, let him sleep. We've all been there, right?'"

^Kudos to him and his pops. Staying together through tough times and the son not wasting his father's hardwork. :pimp:

NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A gospel song saved a 10-year-old Atlanta boy from his kidnapper. Willie Myrick said he was in his front yard and bent down to pick up money when somebody grabbed him and threw him in a car.

“He told me he didn’t want to hear a word from me,” Myrick said. That’s when Myrick began to sing a gospel song called “Every Praise.” The kidnapper started cursing and repeatedly told Myrick to shut up, but he wouldn’t. He sang the song for about three hours until the kidnapper let him out of the car.

The little boy ran to a nearby home and asked the resident to call his guardian.

Myrick recently got to meet “Every Praise” gospel singer Hezekiah Walker, and they sang the song together.

Police don’t have any leads on the suspect, but are hoping a sketch they released will generate tips.

(KMPH)A Fresno man who says he is so poor he only had $1 for lunch on Tuesday ending up finding $125,000. Joe Cornell was volunteering at the Salvation Army in Downtown Fresno when he found an orange bag in the middle of the street. “I was watering my plants and my trees when an armored car stopped at the corner,” says Joe Cornell, “A car pulled up saying that the ‘Brinks’ driver dropped something, but the armored car kept going.” When Cornell went to see what was going on he found a large orange bag. Cornell says when he looked inside the bag there was a ton of cash inside on of it. “I thought ‘What type of man do I want my grandkids to think I am?’,” says Cornell, “I want them to think I’m a just man that does the right thing and I did the right thing.” Cornell says he called the police and they interviewed him about what happened. The officer told him, he was one in a million, because not everybody would have turned the cash in. The Good Samaritan volunteers for the ‘Salvation Army’ and is in their rehabilitation program. “I’m trying to get my life together and I want them to be proud of me. I decided to do the right thing,” adds Cornell. When Cornell’s wife found out what happened she burst into tears. She says that she’s so proud of him for giving the money back, especially because they are so poor.

Back
Top Bottom