NT, these ads gotta go!!!

What the hell is this?! Pop ups on NT? Ads with sound? Viruses again?! This aint workin out.
eyes.gif

This isn't particularly helpful.

Hosting a site of this size isn't cheap. Unless you'd like NikeTalk users to shell out for the costs of hosting, ads are our best option on that front.Without ad revenue, we can forget about charitable donations - we won't even have the money to keep the site online period.

What we can do is keep rogue ads in check by identifying them and reporting them via ads@yuku.com

Take a screenshot of the ad (print screen, paste contents into a graphics editing program, and save as an image file), copy down the target URL (the webaddress the ad takes you to and, if possible, the link URL itself visible in some ads when you click properties) and the page address where you saw the adappear (the address of the specific NT page you were viewing at the time.) Send that information to ads@yuku.com and they can investigate it.

You can also post to the yuku support forums at http://support.yuku.comand make it clear that the advertising in question is provided by Yuku and not the local community operators, thus it is THEIR responsibility to resolve thesituation.

Complaining here really doesn't accomplish anything. We have no URLs, no images, nothing at all to go on, and rather than submitting useful information tothose responsible for removing rogue ads you're just venting in the General forum in a thread nobody from Yuku will ever see.

Users should also make sure to run virus scanning software and malware/spyware scanning software on their systems regularly. If you are 100% certain thatyou're up to date and free of malware, it makes your ad report FAR more credible. Sometimes rogue ads do appear within the ad rotations of trustednetworks. However, in the majority of cases the source of the intrusive advertising (pop ups in particular) is preexisting malware on the user's machine.If you can say, "Look, I've run spybot S&D, malwarebytes, McAfee, etc. and I'm STILL getting this stuff. It's happening on a regular basisand I only encounter it on your network," they can't simply write off your report.

Originally Posted by Method Man

This isn't particularly helpful.

Hosting a site of this size isn't cheap. Unless you'd like NikeTalk users to shell out for the costs of hosting, ads are our best option on that front. Without ad revenue, we can forget about charitable donations - we won't even have the money to keep the site online period.

What we can do is keep rogue ads in check by identifying them and reporting them via ads@yuku.com

Take a screenshot of the ad (print screen, paste contents into a graphics editing program, and save as an image file), copy down the target URL (the web address the ad takes you to and, if possible, the link URL itself visible in some ads when you click properties) and the page address where you saw the ad appear (the address of the specific NT page you were viewing at the time.) Send that information to ads@yuku.com and they can investigate it.

You can also post to the yuku support forums at http://support.yuku.com and make it clear that the advertising in question is provided by Yuku and not the local community operators, thus it is THEIR responsibility to resolve the situation.

Complaining here really doesn't accomplish anything. We have no URLs, no images, nothing at all to go on, and rather than submitting useful information to those responsible for removing rogue ads you're just venting in the General forum in a thread nobody from Yuku will ever see.

Users should also make sure to run virus scanning software and malware/spyware scanning software on their systems regularly. If you are 100% certain that you're up to date and free of malware, it makes your ad report FAR more credible. Sometimes rogue ads do appear within the ad rotations of trusted networks. However, in the majority of cases the source of the intrusive advertising (pop ups in particular) is preexisting malware on the user's machine. If you can say, "Look, I've run spybot S&D, malwarebytes, McAfee, etc. and I'm STILL getting this stuff. It's happening on a regular basis and I only encounter it on your network," they can't simply write off your report.
How much does it take to keep this site up $/MONTH?

Back
Top Bottom