NT Trade of the Week vol. PROFIT OFF THE RECESSION FTW

i wish i knew 50% of what the hell yall were talkin about in here.

i like money.

im just not good at making it.

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

i like money.

Put ginger on the block. Jk.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

i like money.

Put ginger on the block. Jk.

laugh.gif

Hilarious...in a respectful way of course.

LMAO
roll.gif

thats a good idea....

idk if she'd go for it though...

damn i need to learn about stocks and trading.

question -

when you say 'short' are you talking in terms of naked short selling? i thought that was against the law...

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

question -

when you say 'short' are you talking in terms of naked short selling? i thought that was against the law...
He's short selling, not naked short selling. He acts as an individual, it's impossible for him to naked short sell with out some kind offund doing direct business with a broker.

wow huge rebound today in banking stocks. hope you guys didn't short yet...would have lost a ton of money today.

maybe some of these banks aren't quite as bad as originally thought...I know a big reason why they posted such huge losses in the past was because of themark-to-market accounting that was required to value their derivatives. Maybe some of these underlying securities have bottomed and their fair values willrise.

Besides...if Citi(arguably the worst of the bunch) operated at a profit the last couple of months...you have to think Morgan and Goldman's numbers will bemuch better...

just bought 150 GS Mar75Puts at $1.10. that's my tradeeee of the week. should be quite profitable around this time next week. if not, i'll cut lossesand tell you when i do that too.

citi didn't operate a profit. its internal memo said it had $18 billion in revenues in feb + march. this is before write downs. earnings season is jsutaround the corner, thats gonna kill banks. citi had pre-writedown revenues of $20B+ in 9 of the last 10 quarters but it sold off hard in each of those quartersbecause its AFTER writedowns that counts.

Originally Posted by heyson

this thread is def appreciated

+1

Bookmarking as we speak.
Good to see members with financial savvy on here.

EDIT: DKY, Just curious, what was your major in college?

I look forward to all your post DKY , but lets keep all the info centralized
laugh.gif
... You have about 3 threads now that I visit or try to update myself on every other day or so .. It gets difficult to keep up with your insight, plusa few other knowledgable heads on here.

I have been keeping an eye on the market now everyday for the past 6 months, and have stacked up about 5k purely for investing purposes, but the market is sovolatile at the moment that I do not know where to start. Not even which site I should be trading on.

Any suggestions? Which site should I be trading off of?

Thanks in advance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

buy SRS now??
Bought last week at $100...
smh.gif
DKY did say there was going to be a pullback early this week, but expects it to go up to $140.
No doubt...it's just that had I waited, I could've doubled (at the very most) the amount I had by buying at current market prices...

How many puts did you buy? With the option being $15 out of the money you must be expecting a big drop considering you have a week & 2 days left. With theway financials are going it could happen though. Good Luck. I thought about playing the UYG Apr 3 hoping they make a change to this Mark to Market rule in afew days.

Back
Top Bottom