NT = way too recessionary

968
11
Joined Feb 28, 2008
So let me help you out.

Liquidate your 401k's, IRAs, mutual funds, etc etc etc this coming week. The stock market just staged a massive rally that is completely unsustainable.There is zero liquidity left in equity markets. There will be a large and quick reversal very soon and cash is king.

When the market's next down leg ends, gold will be a great buy. It's probably a good buy even now, but raising cash is gonna be fine as well, andit's always best to be liquid if n other option is exceedingly attractive. If gold starts making moves with the volatilty explosion that is about to occur,it may be the time to buy ASAP.

If you want to know why, go here.

Insider selling is at an all time high ($14 sold for each $1 bought-- at the all-time stock market high in Oct 2007, the ratio was 7:1) and all these insolventbanks are selling massive equity into the rally. You can do the same thing they do, you can sell all your stocks at these scam-inflated prices before theimpending reversal and volatility explosion. And you can abandon fiat currency for precious metals by the time inflation finally creeps back in around thisfall/winter. Or you can stay in stocks now, watch the market selloff, then raise cash and watch your dollar or pound or euro distinigrate in value. And by thetime you're finally long gold, the economy is growing again in real terms and stocks are once again a good investment.

Heard about the AIG CEO bonus scandal? It's a few million here or there. The real AIG scandal is its counterparty payments. AIG unwound its CDS tradesettlements AT FACE VALUE, netting exposed banks BILLIONS in Q1 2009 profits. All one-time, all unsustainable. Don't beleive me? Look at Goldman'sprofits. Look at its FICC unit. Record numbers. Then look at Bank of New York Mellon. Big loss. That's cuz Bank of New York Mellon didn't have any AIGCDS. The bank rally was a Ponzi scheme and it's about to reverse hard.

This rally is a gift. Liquidate all of your stock exposure into cash or gold and switch to high exposure to gold by the fall. You can thank me later.
 
968
11
Joined Feb 28, 2008
wanna be a hero? tell ur mommy and daddy to do this. they'll be thanking you for the rest of your life as you saved them from having to sell their 2008 bmw(that they bought by taking a second mortgage on your $400,000 house on which they put 10% down) on craigslist to raise cash to pay backtaxes.
 
5,580
14
Joined Jul 15, 2006
The stock market just staged a massive rally that is completely unsustainable. There is zero liquidity left in equity markets. There will be a large and quick reversal very soon and cash is king.


I concur 100%.

Been telling everyone I know the same thing.
 
968
11
Joined Feb 28, 2008
notttt even gonna go into it, literally just google "buy gold" and pick the most legitimate one for you.

be on the lookout for two momre threads comin soon... about the treasury bond black swan and the impending gold surge.
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Yea stocks, gold, T-bill yields should not rally at the same time.

I dont think the S&P is getting past this resistance. A bunch of sectors have broken downward already. Goldman Sachs squeezed those shorts a little longerthen I anticipated but I got short on Friday
 
151
10
Joined Oct 19, 2008
Nice thread, I will come again later to finish reading it.

Ending in2 hours.
v v
 
451
15
Joined Jul 25, 2000
when you say buy gold, do you mean buy phisical gold buillions? or do you mean invest in companies that mine gold or something?
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Originally Posted by ussjme

when you say buy gold, do you mean buy phisical gold buillions? or do you mean invest in companies that mine gold or something?
No point in investing in something in dollars if the dollars are worthless Bullion > worthless paper. And if you trust the ETF's to deliverthe gold they claim to have then you have more balls then me.
 
1,914
42
Joined Dec 9, 1999
smh.

the reason the market is so unsustainable is because of !*!@ like this. im not saying youre not 100% right. but this crazy fear and ignorance amongst the USfolks is what causes these extreme peaks and valleys.

when the market was crashing, no one was investing because they were scared. things calmed down and people copped the stocks because they were all bargainbasement prices. now that the market has been blowing up the past few weeks... people want to drop their stocks like a bad habit, before things inevitably gosouth. when this starts happening, we'll be in the same position we were at the beginning.

everyone is so impatient with their money nowadays, always looking to make a quick buck or looking for something better. the american way i guess. but its alsowhat makes our market completely unpredictable and unstable.

which might just be your point.
 
1,683
39
Joined May 25, 2008
Cash is not king inflation should hit America soon because of the way the fed has been printing money. But i do agree that this rally is completelyunsupported. The markets are crazy right now it seems like the plunge protection team is in full swing. My mother put 30gs in financial stocks and this moneyhas since flipped to over 70 gs. I keep telling her to take her profits now, but she trying to stick it out for the long term. Long term investing is crazyright now, and if I had money in stocks I would probably ride out the rally then place portions of my money in TIPS, gold, and silver.
 
4,215
40
Joined Dec 18, 2001
Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

smh.

the reason the market is so unsustainable is because of !*!@ like this. im not saying youre not 100% right. but this crazy fear and ignorance amongst the US folks is what causes these extreme peaks and valleys.

when the market was crashing, no one was investing because they were scared. things calmed down and people copped the stocks because they were all bargain basement prices. now that the market has been blowing up the past few weeks... people want to drop their stocks like a bad habit, before things inevitably go south. when this starts happening, we'll be in the same position we were at the beginning.

everyone is so impatient with their money nowadays, always looking to make a quick buck or looking for something better. the american way i guess. but its also what makes our market completely unpredictable and unstable.

which might just be your point.
That is human nature dude. Fear and Greed move the stock market you are telling people to stop being human. There is a whole school of economicsdevoted to this.
My mother put 30gs in financial stocks and this money has since flipped to over 70 gs. I keep telling her to take her profits now, but she trying to stick it out for the long term. Long term investing is crazy right now, and if I had money in stocks I would probably ride out the rally then place portions of my money in TIPS, gold, and silver.
Seriously smack her. She doubled her money and she wont take profits? Noobs
 
2,029
18
Joined Feb 20, 2009
Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

notttt even gonna go into it, literally just google "buy gold" and pick the most legitimate one for you.

be on the lookout for two momre threads comin soon... about the treasury bond black swan and the impending gold surge.
do you think the same thing will happen with the FTSE?

 
1,683
39
Joined May 25, 2008
Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

smh.

the reason the market is so unsustainable is because of !*!@ like this. im not saying youre not 100% right. but this crazy fear and ignorance amongst the US folks is what causes these extreme peaks and valleys.

when the market was crashing, no one was investing because they were scared. things calmed down and people copped the stocks because they were all bargain basement prices. now that the market has been blowing up the past few weeks... people want to drop their stocks like a bad habit, before things inevitably go south. when this starts happening, we'll be in the same position we were at the beginning.

everyone is so impatient with their money nowadays, always looking to make a quick buck or looking for something better. the american way i guess. but its also what makes our market completely unpredictable and unstable.

which might just be your point.
The fundamentals of the market are screwed. Your basically telling people to place there money and trust in Wall Street and the government. The market is thiscrappy because of greedy companies and poor government regulation. So why would you want to place your trust in them?
 
968
11
Joined Feb 28, 2008
Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

smh.

the reason the market is so unsustainable is because of !*%% like this. im not saying youre not 100% right. but this crazy fear and ignorance amongst the US folks is what causes these extreme peaks and valleys.

when the market was crashing, no one was investing because they were scared. things calmed down and people copped the stocks because they were all bargain basement prices. now that the market has been blowing up the past few weeks... people want to drop their stocks like a bad habit, before things inevitably go south. when this starts happening, we'll be in the same position we were at the beginning.

everyone is so impatient with their money nowadays, always looking to make a quick buck or looking for something better. the american way i guess. but its also what makes our market completely unpredictable and unstable.

which might just be your point.
people are fleeting with their investments because their home equity and mutual funds/401ks/IRAs just both tanked. it isn't supernatural.

there is no reason to calm down and buy stocks. the fed is printing money to reflate a credit bubble for the third time.

u think we hit bargain basement prices? hellll no. not until the dow jones buys one-two ounces of gold are stocks ever a good buy. look at it historically.

the american way isn't about making a quick buck??? those types of mindsets occur during bubbles because of speculative profits (unsustainable, just likethis current rally), and it is a worldwide phenomenon, not just american.

the instability of markets is a LIQUIDITY issue. and we are currently witnessing a LIQUIDITY abberation event. so i think the market is going to retrace mostif not all of its march-may gains. for the same reason i said july 4, 2008 would be the top of crude oil.
 
968
11
Joined Feb 28, 2008
Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Cash is not king inflation should hit America soon because of the way the fed has been printing money. But i do agree that this rally is completely unsupported. The markets are crazy right now it seems like the plunge protection team is in full swing. My mother put 30gs in financial stocks and this money has since flipped to over 70 gs. I keep telling her to take her profits now, but she trying to stick it out for the long term. Long term investing is crazy right now, and if I had money in stocks I would probably ride out the rally then place portions of my money in TIPS, gold, and silver.
i said cash is king until this fall. that's when inflation will creep back in. stocks selling off hard is deflationary. the next wave of selling should bethe last for this bear market (in nominal terms) in my opinion. then inflation bleeds in.

and ur mom is crazy, she should sell asap and liquidate into gold or cash.
 
21,365
812
Joined Nov 20, 2003
sold my stocks long ago, just cash and metals for me. to the dude with the mom who doubled her money, wow that's a nice investment, tell her to take theprofits now!
 
431
10
Joined Apr 18, 2003
This rally is stupid to the highest degree. BAC needs $34 billion that it doesn't have.....yaaay, let's invest our money in that company.
 
1,683
39
Joined May 25, 2008
Originally Posted by shch

This rally is stupid to the highest degree. BAC needs $34 billion that it doesn't have.....yaaay, let's invest our money in that company.
That aint even half of it


http://online.wsj.com/art...B124182311010302297.html

The Federal Reserve significantly scaled back the size of the capital hole facing some of the nation's biggest banks shortly before concluding its stress tests, following two weeks of intense bargaining.

In addition, according to bank and government officials, the Fed used a different measurement of bank-capital levels than analysts and investors had been expecting, resulting in much smaller capital deficits.
Bank of America's final gap was $33.9 billion, down from an earlier estimate of more than $50 billion, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
A Bank of America spokesman wouldn't comment on how much the previous gap was reduced, though he said it resulted from an adjustment for first-quarter results and errors made by regulators in their analysis. "It wasn't lobbying," he said.
 
6,589
2,163
Joined May 22, 2008
Please talk to a professional or at least someone you know that is knowledgeable ineconomics/financials...You would be a new FOOL to listen to some dude on NT about what you should do with your money. NT "Economists"FTL!!!
 

t0xicman

Banned
88
10
Joined Jan 28, 2008
Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Please talk to a professional or at least someone you know that is knowledgeable in economics/financials...You would be a new FOOL to listen to some dude on NT about what you should do with your money. NT "Economists" FTL!!!
qft
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now