NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

You live in DFW? Ive been to most the breweries. Revolver has a cool brewery but not a huge fan of their beers. I know alot of people who love Blood and Honey.

You near Dallas? If so you should check out Peticolas or Deep Ellum Brewing.

My Untappd is Trelvis. I think I added all of yall.

Another DFW guy here. I live off Henderson far too close to the Old Monk.

Just got back from Whole Foods. They got another shipment of prairie bomb and stopped by craft and growler on my way home.

Community has a great list if beers and their brewery is great to visit. Local artists and food trucks every Saturday.

Anyways. Untappd - AMerrill. I'll add you guys as well.

Last edited:
To clarify. Whole foods lakewood has prairie bomb. They'd only sell me two.

Also, craft and growler had prairie bomb and Bible Belt on tap for the filling.

Last edited:
Untappd - RCorcio

Just getting into this Untappd nonsense. Had some IPA's out here. One local brewed with Mexican Limes and Modus Hoperandi by Ska. Both good and def. drinkable

Finally installed Untappd on my phone. What's everyone's name there? I'm "sizzlu"

Untapped: Neosole89

Had this today at a friends BBQ. Watermelon comes through nicely in the aroma and taste. Perfect for a hot day.

To clarify. Whole foods lakewood has prairie bomb. They'd only sell me two.

Also, craft and growler had prairie bomb and Bible Belt on tap for the filling.

I got a 32 oz fill of Bomb at Craft and Growler yesterday lol

not sure who ive added. im oktoberfiesta on UT.

I've been drinking pretty much the same beers for a couple weeks now. My entries are boring.

Santa Fe pilsner, Marble pilsner, and la cumbre elevated 90% of the time. Took some to a cookout. Freestyle pilsner by SF was by far the favorite of the group. Light crisp, bud light ish I guess you could say. But it had some nice flavor, and even hop notes. Euro style pilsners are that true gateway beer. Some say its the blue moons or wheat hefes. I like introducing people with the crispness of a pilsner

Last edited:

My favorite beer. I had already drank 3 prior to taking this pic. Finished off the rest last night. I can only find it in 2 stores in the 22 oz bottle in my area that I've seen outta tons of places I've looked.

This was my weekend, sort of:
Thursday night:
Smog City Brewery
Vanilla Knuckle on nitro
Chipotle Knuckle on nitro
Chip Shot Coffee Porter

Saturday night:
Smog City
Death by Hops DIPA
Anniversary Strong Saison

Home
Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale

also had a Modern Times Black House and a La Cumbre Malpais Stout

Sunday:
Dodgers Stadium
El Segundo Brewing Blue House Citra IPA

My liver hated me by the time I went to bed last night.

DMV heads, what do ya'll drink? I'm here for the summer and have yet to have a good maryland brew. Every single Flying Dog I've had has been trash

Sipping on this tonight. Canned 6/20. Getting some nice bitterness from the grapefruits and some lemon zest. Really like it so far.

That Sierra Nevada beer camp 12 pack has released around my way. Super excited to take the journey. $24 for 12 isn't so bad. There is also a beer camp dipa bomber that came with it as a separate purchase. Tropical notes with a dry finish? Sounds like so many great IPAs are going this route.

Latest project dank is tasting super amazing. Smell reminds me of elevated the most. But the surprisr is the grape like dryness and tropical fruit flavors in the taste.

I have a older bomber of dank I want to compare later and maybe try that beer camp dipa with IPAs I my mind today. Some reviews to follow

Edit:
Some reviews in.
SN BEER CAMP 8.5% DIPA WEST COAST STYLE IPA
Very unassuming smell. It's like a pilsner. Nothing like a dipa.
Taste is all sweetness. Not really boozy. But does have quite the sweetness factor. A true defining hop smell or presence isn't really there. Slightly more sweet than hoppy. Reminds me of goose islands the Illinois beer.

Just kinda ehh. Makes me appreciate what heady topper and Pliny are

If this ends up a ba score above 87, I would be very very shocked. Not a great beer camp start.

Last edited:
That beer camp 12 pack is starting to hit stores around my way as well. Will have to pick one up before the holiday weekend.

Just found an unsuspecting place carrying parabola and stickee monkee. Cost is $23 a bottle but they have an abundance. Picked up a parabola and debating on another stickee monkee. Are the Sierra Nevada beer camp packs in so cal yet?

Speaking of Parabola, stopped by a local bottleshop today and they were selling it for $30 :wow:. No thanks.

Just found out that Firestone Walker is bottling Double DBA for the last time this year.  This is a huge bummer to me because it's my favorite out of all of the Reserve Series beers.  No idea what's replacing it, but I hope they start bottling Helldorado.

^ Whaaaaa? Discontinue altogether? I've still never tried it.

The SN Beer Camp tour hits my area on the 20th but I don't know if I want to pay $65 to try stuff from a bunch of CA & OR breweries I've already had the pleasure of trying.....ISO the 12 pack doe.

I still haven't cracked open either of the two 2014 Parabolas I picked up....hmmmm.

Last edited:
^ Whaaaaa? Discontinue altogether? I've still never tried it.

The SN Beer Camp tour hits my area on the 20th but I don't know if I want to pay $65 to try stuff from a bunch of CA & OR breweries I've already had the pleasure of trying.....ISO the 12 pack doe.

I still haven't cracked open either of the two 2014 Parabolas I picked up....hmmmm.
I don't know if they're gonna keep it at their taprooms, but bottles are definitely done for:

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/rip-firestone-walker-double-dba-bottles-pay-last-respects/

I'm still thankful to jbug on that parabola 14 I was able to get. Its looking me down in my fridge. As my birthday approaches next weekend, I have some gems to try. Parabola wasn't initially one of them. But it could happen. Maybe I go all out with my inperial stout collection? Lol. A marble 2013 reserve is on the table as well as my last BCBCS. I traded nearly half of what I was able to get on BCBCS. So to still have one seven months later is quite the treat.

The beer camp collection will take center stage this weekend for sure. Plus some treats from a fellow nter. I have a long holiday weekend ahead. Cheers just in case I am out of it for four days.

Last edited:
Speaking of Parabola, stopped by a local bottleshop today and they were selling it for $30 :wow:. No thanks.
It was 23 but it's at a restaurant chain. 23 is a steal especialy if I'm there I would spend $25 plus tip on 3 beers. Parabola or a stickee monkee would be all I need. Let me know if you guys want a bottle. I'll trade it $for$

Just found out that Firestone Walker is bottling Double DBA for the last time this year.  This is a huge bummer to me because it's my favorite out of all of the Reserve Series beers.  No idea what's replacing it, but I hope they start bottling Helldorado.

Damn, glad I was able to snag a bottle a few weeks back.

It was 23 but it's at a restaurant chain. 23 is a steal especialy if I'm there I would spend $25 plus tip on 3 beers. Parabola or a stickee monkee would be all I need. Let me know if you guys want a bottle. I'll trade it $for$

I still have a bottle stashed away. Thanks for the offer though.

Sipping on this tonight. Can never go wrong with some Pliny :smile:

Neosole89 came through once again in a major way. Major props on the latest trade..

Prairie Bible Belt
Prairie BOMB
two Pliny the elders
Speakeasy big daddy IPA
Hell or high watermelon 21st ammendment can

I got you on Monday with an abundance of IPA flavors. Prepare your palette buddy. lol

I'm going crazy here with so many choices. I actually spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out an order in the beer camp lineup for a BIG TIME sampling I would like to try with 2-3 others.

here's my preliminary 4th of July lineup
Russian River:
Yvan the Great Beligian Blonde

2.Victory:
Alt Route Altbier

3. Cigar City:
Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock

4. New Glarus:
There and Back ESB

5. Allagash:
Myron’s Walk Beligian style Pale Ale

6. Oskar Blues:
CANfusion Rye Bock

7. Firestone Walker:
Torpedo Pilsner

8. 3 Floyds:
Chico King Pale Ale

9. Ballast Point:
Electric Ray IPL

10. Asheville Brewers Alliance:
Tater Ridge Scotch Ale

11.Ninkasi:
Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout

12. Bell’s:
Maillard’s Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale

-----
Thoughts?

in my personal opinion, coffee and the dark scotch like beers tend to taint my palette more than the hoppy beers. So I chose those last. To begin, I have the blonde, which should be the lightest, into the maibock and rye bock series... IPL is wedged between two Pale Ales. We shall see how that goes.. Super excited to just freely sample 12 experimental beers.. This has to be a yearly tradition. Im sensing 5-6 GREAT beers out of this bunch

I had some impressions on the DIPA bomber that had had only 4 reviews on BA at the time yesterday. So my impressions were fresh and on the fly. I want to keep it that way when I do these 12 beers, so I am keeping really low key on the impressions of others as we taste the Americas tomorrow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom