NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

99C970FC-3A7C-45C4-BD87-EBB0C5287F13.jpeg

Its very good but not as much vanilla as i had hoped. BCBS vanilla had more.

Had this during the Birds game on Sunday. I enjoyed it. Nice amount of vanilla sweetness. Pastry like but no overpowering by any means. Very well balanced and held the BBA and stout together very nicely

F31F5355-CBD6-4725-B3DA-5549F8DC40A2.jpeg

Since i work new years eve/day, im drinking this tonight and its fantastic.

Had homies hook it up with this, Red Eye, and Leche. Gonna crack one open Sunday for the Eagles/Saints game

Realized I gained 20 lbs this fall/winter :lol: hitting the driving range daily and walking a round of golf has been my "exercises" all summer but I've been completely sedentary the last few months. Come home, crack open a beer, play Fortnite :lol: no good. Going to try and limit my beer consumption to the weekends now

^yeah. for years it was too easy to throw back 2-4 beers after a long days of work. I've kept to weekend drinking for a nice majority of the weeks since August 2018. Weights kept in check.

This past week, I had some family who visited family in the NE Bring back the majority of some extras I had lying around out there. Anywhere from 5 to 18 months old at this point. It was time to bring them home and give them a proper burial.

First run
jzdzja.jpg

Foley Bros and waimea from March kind of hop swampy and just ehh.
March '18 plush was a floaty mess.

Equilibrium 8/18 seemed to improve. As well as cloud drop holding in check.
TH just staying steady as hell. Impressed at how they have hung since a August '18 canning.

HF Arthur bought old and stored cold. Was quite solid. Bottled 12/17.

I never recommend aging beers but storing super cold in a Vt basement for 5 months can't hurt. I'm finding the March 18 beers as being on the lower spectrum of ideal drinking. But August is feeling worthwhile drinking beers.

They also brought back some harpoon, Long trail, saranac, and schafly. I didn't have any on road recommendations. So most of these come as a nice surprise. Most are within the regularly offered regional beer offerings. But I won't say no to new tries.

Last edited:
Some stuff I got from my buddy plus I got a 4 pack of New Trails Candy Hearts

B1905340-01DD-42F5-B316-6D61E12EBB18.jpeg

Attachments

• FFED1A2E-5224-4F48-90BB-847854A9E162.jpeg
    FFED1A2E-5224-4F48-90BB-847854A9E162.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 1
I recently discovered Golden Road Brewing's Mango Cart beer.

tenor.gif

For being an Anheuser Busch company they have quite a few that are decent, Mango Cart being one of them. They have a restaurant a couple of blocks from my apartment. I don't think it's been doing very well unfortunately.

Been a minute. Had the misfortune of attending the Other Half 5th Anniversary release (if you wanna frame it that way, that is). People apparently started dropping chairs down as early as the evening prior to get their allotment. Opened up a big conversation about the acceptability of chair-dropping and line-etiquette as a whole.

Adding to this, there was still a ton of line-cutting and other bad behavior to be had. I at least had the wisdom to hire a line guy from 4-8. By the time I got there the line was already moving and I was able to get everything with minimal frostbite. Still regaining feeling in my toes, so I can only imagine how others are faring.

Anywho...the beers were more than legit:
0-3.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-1.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-5.jpg

Not pictured is the stout with the wild Thai bananas, coconuts, macadamia nuts, vanilla, and cacao nibs. Arguably the better stout (the one pictured is coffee/cinnamon/almonds//cacao nibs). Nevertheless, the juice was worth the squeeze even with all of the bull****. I'm confident in saying that Other Half is a top 3 brewery in the world these days. Hard to think of a brewery that nails IPAs, stouts, and (now) sours the same way they do.

Had both of these last night. Off the rictor is aged in 20 year pappy barrels. Was legit and one of the smoothest stouts I've ever had. Wouldn't pay secondary price though.

20190211_182302.jpg
20190211_200222.jpg

Sippin' on a Big Slide IPA from Lake Placid after a long week of work.

Been having a lot of the Brasilian beers I brought home from SP and RdJ. Baden Baden, Therezopolis, Saint, Imperio and Petra.

January was rough for me. Was just drinking way too much.

I'm doing "Soberuary" and not having any alcohol for all of February. You really don't realize how much social functions revolve around alcohol until you consciously avoid it.

Just read that OH thread Comparison Ford Comparison Ford . Crazy. NY dudes have taken it to a whole other level. Then theres that article about OH being the beer of Wall Street. So much fight and for many , a wait and struggle, when the end results are the same. Even after just two hazies, at that point your palate is toast and you're drinking to just get drunk. OH has a crazy amount of variety and releases too. I can see why people go crazy and want to try them all. Anymore im good with some cheap beer and an occasional two hearted.

'Craft' has a high class allure but we're all just drunks when it's said and done.
based mod based mod ive been doing the weekend drinking only route for awhile now. It's really opened my palate back to enjoying the lighter styles. You can actually tell some of these beers have subtle flavors.

A local brewery has been messing with strata hops lately and I'm a big fan. A ddh dipa releases this Friday. I may check it out. Look for that hop variety. It's the next best hop. I passed on a Thursday release of an award winning juicy IPA. They release it once or twice a year. First time missing out on it. FOMO strikes for a couple minutes. And then you see IG and UT check instead. But soon you get past that. Best of luck based mod based mod

Back
Top Bottom