NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Did some beer shopping today

4A15BF99-59CA-4CC0-B5FA-BAEB9654EB39.jpeg
E35AFEF7-A659-4F24-8126-DF59D283D3F9.jpeg
8589F013-D4E1-4C19-A349-DFEAD16BE248.jpeg
42ADBA7B-5CB7-4751-8155-3BD9D3854F41.jpeg

On some Chimay Red and Chimay White tonight.

Had standard draft Guinness for the NLD earlier this AM. Was deciding between that and Firestone Union Jack IPA from the taps.

getback getback no dice on this release, people literally camped out, gott the line backed up to Sentara hospital. A second release of it is on my radar though.

No worries, fam. Appreciate you trying! I saw on the news a 4 pack sold for $450 on ebay :lol:

If you get a lead on it LMK. I'm sure they'll start releasing it regularly if it was that popular.

ACKSHULLYLYLY....
0-1.jpg

But for real, I very much enjoy craft beer...but I really dislike the "scene." I have 1-2 friends that are into beer the same way I am, but my closest friends couldn't care less and that's the way I like it. Some of the most obnoxious people I've encountered over the past few years have been the people I was waiting in line with at OH or other breweries. A lot of bro-ey douches, hypercompetitive mules/resellers that treat it like a business, vultures who will try to swoop in and buy the rest of your allotment if they find out you're not maxing out on bottles/cans, and ultra-snobs who consider everything that isn't the latest and greatest to be "trash."

And the vapes...my god, the vapes.

Also let's not forget tone-deaf **** like this that seems to happen pretty regularly in the craft beer community:
0-2.jpg

Fortunately *most* of it gets checked, but the fact that it still keeps happening over and over is telling of the type of people that make up the scene.

I've ordered Heineken or Corona on multiple occasions and folks have made comments like "might as well drink water" or something like that. Knew the beer scene was full of snobs since then.

I've ordered Heineken or Corona on multiple occasions and folks have made comments like "might as well drink water" or something like that. Knew the beer scene was full of snobs since then.
My only gripe with your choices aren't that you're "drinking water," because honestly macro lagers serve their purpose. It's just that Heineken and Corona are probably the worst of the two. Never had a Heineken that wasn't skunked and they won't even allow Corona into certain countries because it doesn't meet the accepted levels of fecal content allowed in beverages given varying regulations. :sick:

I would never thumb my nose at someone who ordered a PBR, High Life, etc. Not everyone wants to drink some super-heavy, high ABV beer.

I've definitely become a beer snob since I've been messing with the craft beer scene, plus you feel good about supporting small business. Not above drinking a Corona or Heineken however :lol:

Wallet took a beating this week. Fortunately a lot of these beers were included in the VIP Pastrytown ticket:
0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

I'm honestly torn as to whether or not I'll actually attend Pastrytown though. I have a post up on the FB OH group asking for $150 for my ticket without the bottles/cans and I have a few people interested. I'm just really uneasy about putting my body through this :lol:. Any other beer fest would be no problem, but this whole festival is laden with double-digit, super-decadent beers and the VIP time starts at 11:00 AM. Festival ends at 4:00, so that means I'm basically gonna be trashed come early afternoon. I planned on taking Ubers and mass transit, but I could see working out the logistics of train times to be a challenge with that much alcohol in me. I dunno, I love beer as much as the next person but the idea of getting that sloppy that early when I have work the next day seems like it's just not worth it.

Anyone looking for a VIP ticket? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom