NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

21D55DA5-51C1-41D7-BE1F-F8A02E86C307.jpeg

^Thoughts in the BCBS Birthday and Anni?

Bottle shop in Philly randomly had birthday sitting. Grabbed two and traded one for Anniversary. Weller has been my unicorn for Bourbon for a while now since it’s impossible to get in PA. This will have to do

I picked both up at Link Beverage near Allentown. The anniversary BCBS was one of their best releases in years, imo. Birthday was pretty good, nothing special though. That eclipse cherry rye was outstanding.

We randomly have Weller sitting on our state store shelves every once in a while. If I see it, ill pick a bottle up for you.

Seems I’ve found my thread for the winter. Where is everyone located? Maryland craft beer isn’t great and our liquor stores love supporting the local guys, which is cool, but it just makes it harder to find the goodies. I’m here for all the stout and porter I can find.

Seems I’ve found my thread for the winter. Where is everyone located? Maryland craft beer isn’t great and our liquor stores love supporting the local guys, which is cool, but it just makes it harder to find the goodies. I’m here for all the stout and porter I can find.
Just missed Bourbon County

That’s partly the reason why I’ve bought less and less beer and more and more liquor.

Any time I get stuff from a brewery, I almost split the four pack with friends.

Covid actually worked out the opposite way for me than it did for most.

No trips to breweries=less beer purchases and consumption overall.

*edit--HAVING SAID THAT: I'm off from work for a week, it's cold as **** outside, and it's about to start snowing. Time to get turnt up. Starting off with my first OH DC beer:

0.jpg

Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe. Digging this one. Has a sweetness and creaminess that led me to think it's a lactose IPA, but apparently not. I had my reservations about OH expanding and increasing production, but the concern was unwarranted. Hell...I like a lot of their Rochester stuff better than their Brooklyn beers.

People will say they fell off, but I honestly don't agree at all. Do they have off batches here and there? Sure, but they still release new bangers all the time and their flagships are flagships for a reason. Still one of my favorite breweries.

Last edited:
what part of MD?

Dawg you still have OH Anniversary cans?!?!?!

Yeah...it’s time to start whittling down.:lol:
exactly! Those sat in my fridge cause they were trash to me. I learned after trying them all that im just not a fan of heavy triple IPAs with the high abv. Too much of an alcohol taste. I actually havent tried that 4th anni, gave a can away today too lol

That’s partly the reason why I’ve bought less and less beer and more and more liquor.

Any time I get stuff from a brewery, I almost split the four pack with friends.
yea im starting to just buy 1 or 2 cans from resellers instead of 4pks of everything. I used to get hyped on a TH Milkshake and go up there to buy 2 or 3 4pks like an idiot. I work at night so unless im actually off, i dont even drink

that banana foster 😍
how's the rar? never tried any. recomend?
I still havent been able to try it yet, they are from a raffle that i just won and just came in the other day. Ive heard great things though. I love cereal and these are all cereal themed cans, so im excited to try

they are actually one 1hr from me and 25 mins from where im getting married next year so i plan on pulling up in person too

White Marsh
not too far from Bmore

unless things have changed none of the breweries I have any experience w/ there are knocking it out of the park...still decent options though

Max's Taphouse has been considered one of the best bars for craft beer in the mid atlantic

last time I went I was considering going to a spot called Wet City that's supposed to be good

not too far from Bmore

unless things have changed none of the breweries I have any experience w/ there are knocking it out of the park...still decent options though

Max's Taphouse has been considered one of the best bars for craft beer in the mid atlantic

last time I went I was considering going to a spot called Wet City that's supposed to be good
Union is my favorite. Nothing fantastic but everything they make is solid. Guinness opened a brewery here and puts out some good things. Definitely not a hotbed for good beer. Which has enabled every college dropout with rich parents to open their own thing.

Max’s has a fantastic rotating tap list but you have to go during the week to actually try anything. They also have an issue with preferred clientele that doesn’t sit right with me. Fells Point is my favorite neighborhood to eat and drink in but I try to go elsewhere.

I haven’t been to Wet City. I’m not big into fruity beer.

Back
Top Bottom