NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

If you know, you know :rofl:

140516908_10101012488302591_3697758278512391908_n.jpg
Get any of the anniversary releases?
First year I’ve had zero interest in them. We get them semi-locally here near DC but haven’t had the urge to hunt them down. I really only want 1-2 cans at a time so buying four packs of Hazy IPAs doesn’t really appeal to me anymore

Get any of the anniversary releases?
First year I’ve had zero interest in them. We get them semi-locally here near DC but haven’t had the urge to hunt them down. I really only want 1-2 cans at a time so buying four packs of Hazy IPAs doesn’t really appeal to me anymore
Nope. I have about 8 assorted cans in my fridge right now that I plan on drinking at my leisure and then not re-upping.

Been chilling out on drinking recently and I plan on stopping completely for an indefinite period of time once these are done. I truly have lost all interest in seeking out new beers or revisiting old classics. The enjoyment:money:health detriment ratio just isn't what it used to be.

I understand there's a demand for the anniversary beers but are they that different from many other IIPAs that are available from then

I will say the two 5th anniversary stouts I had were superb

I just have been tired of IPAs in general as of two and a half years ago...honestly, I much prefer an IPA around 6% or 7% ABV over a IIPA or IIIPA

no hate or disrespect to anyone who waits in lines like that but I'm good on that

only time I waited in any line was at Treehouse (which was long) and a couple of short lines at Dancing Gnome and Trillium but all of these times it was warm

actually, I take that back...I waited for probably an hour plus at Tired Hands for Only Void day while it dumped rain all morning while my wife was *****ing me out in text messages cause she didn't think we would get home on time 🤷‍♂️

I considered getting out of line that day :lol:

my buddy just gave me a couple of lagers from OEC as well as a couple of import German beers he got from there, as well as a quad from Treehouse and I'm much more excited to drink those than any IPA I've gotten recently

I understand there's a demand for the anniversary beers but are they that different from many other IIPAs that are available from then

I will say the two 5th anniversary stouts I had were superb

I just have been tired of IPAs in general as of two and a half years ago...honestly, I much prefer an IPA around 6% or 7% ABV over a IIPA or IIIPA

no hate or disrespect to anyone who waits in lines like that but I'm good on that

only time I waited in any line was at Treehouse (which was long) and a couple of short lines at Dancing Gnome and Trillium but all of these times it was warm

actually, I take that back...I waited for probably an hour plus at Tired Hands for Only Void day while it dumped rain all morning while my wife was *****ing me out in text messages cause she didn't think we would get home on time 🤷‍♂️

I considered getting out of line that day :lol:

my buddy just gave me a couple of lagers from OEC as well as a couple of import German beers he got from there, as well as a quad from Treehouse and I'm much more excited to drink those than any IPA I've gotten recently

I have about 2 cases of TH that my buddy picked up for me in October and I drank maybe 8 beers since then. I’ve gotten tired myself atm and just can’t pound them like that. I actually prefer just an ordinary lager or ale along with a sour. I mean fatigue is real. I pop one open here and there but it’s rare.

OH anniversary we’re great up until like 4. No one was really triple dry hopping or quadruple dry hopping IPAs like that

now, the allure is the re-releasing of past collabs. Oat overdose from last year was downright excellent

Been chilling out on drinking recently and I plan on stopping completely for an indefinite period of time once these are done. I truly have lost all interest in seeking out new beers or revisiting old classics. The enjoyment:money:health detriment ratio just isn't what it used to be.

damn, i feel that to some extent. not a cheap or healthy vice. i don't seek out much new stuff like i used to, i'm happiest with what i know i like

on the health note, miss me with the array of 10%+ adjunct stouts. i enjoy low and middle of the road ABV beer more than ever. i don't bother with any big stouts outside of well done BA stuff

even IPAs i want 5-7% way more often than i want 8%+

damn, i feel that to some extent. not a cheap or healthy vice. i don't seek out much new stuff like i used to, i'm happiest with what i know i like

on the health note, miss me with the array of 10%+ adjunct stouts. i enjoy low and middle of the road ABV beer more than ever. i don't bother with any big stouts outside of well done BA stuff

even IPAs i want 5-7% way more often than i want 8%+
Bingo. I’ll enjoy the “impression” beers on draft and that’s pretty much it. Miller Lite is legit the only beer in my fridge. Everything else is mostly saison bottles and non adjuncted stouts

with that being said, trillium is starting to ship to PA. Haven’t been impressed with them in the last few years ambit they do hold a special place in my heart. Gonna split an order with some friends

what do you think of Dancing Gnome? pretty much the only IPAs I drink regularly

i haven't tired of east coast IPAs but definitely tend to want the lower ABV ones. and i wish there were more good West Coast IPAs available in general

it's been nice seeing more places doing lagers

Bingo. I’ll enjoy the “impression” beers on draft and that’s pretty much it. Miller Lite is legit the only beer in my fridge. Everything else is mostly saison bottles and non adjuncted stouts

with that being said, trillium is starting to ship to PA. Haven’t been impressed with them in the last few years ambit they do hold a special place in my heart. Gonna split an order with some friends

nah i can't go that far :lol: i keep about 4-8 fresh 5-7% ipas in the fridge and ideally something lighter, like a kolsch or pils

the ease of getting good stuff throughout the pandemic has been a plus. I've ordered from Foam and a friend of mine in NYC hooked me up with a case of Suarez Family. might have to place a Trillium or Other Half order at some point

what do you think of Dancing Gnome? pretty much the only IPAs I drink regularly

i haven't tired of east coast IPAs but definitely tend to want the lower ABV ones. and i wish there were more good West Coast IPAs available in general

it's been nice seeing more places doing lagers
I went there almost 4 years ago which was before I started getting tired of IPA's

I liked them a lot and have several cans I got from friends since going myself

but like many other places they brew more IPAs more than anything else and nothing in particular really makes them stand out

I mentioned OEC earlier, that's a place I would really like to check out with the variety they have...I had a oak aged Pilsner a couple of years ago that was unlike any other Pilsner I've had...I thought it was one of the best beers I had that year

I've had a few beers from Hudson Valley that really stood out to me

only have had one beer from Suarez Family, I think a wheat ale, but I would love to check them out since they stray from the norm and are really well received

I went there almost 4 years ago which was before I started getting tired of IPA's

I liked them a lot and have several cans I got from friends since going myself

but like many other places they brew more IPAs more than anything else and nothing in particular really makes them stand out

I mentioned OEC earlier, that's a place I would really like to check out with the variety they have...I had a oak aged Pilsner a couple of years ago that was unlike any other Pilsner I've had...I thought it was one of the best beers I had that year

I've had a few beers from Hudson Valley that really stood out to me

only have had one beer from Suarez Family, I think a wheat ale, but I would love to check them out since they stray from the norm and are really well received

agreed. i'm cool with them filling that niche though. i keep fresh lustra stocked almost always

i will say they've improved on some of the odd styles over the years. their lagers are much improved and they've put out some decent kolsches, altbiers, etc. recently. but still.... only 1 of those for every 10 IPAs :lol:

OEC looks like they're doing some really good stuff. i've never had anything by them

Suarez nails every style. that dude is a master

Have def slowed down on beer pickups. Even though it’s never been easier to pick up beer at places like monkish. Been wanting try Humble Sea’s “smoothie” beers. Was able to secure a 4 pack yesterday.
B2F7E0F7-F9AD-42D8-A219-4E98D95EF7CE.jpeg

That mango sticky rice IPA sounds appetizing, but that may be because I’m a sucker for mango sticky rice :lol:

local craft beer store bringing in a little Florida heat.

tripping animals brewery
20210120_194221.jpg
Where you located? We had gotten some in DE a few weeks ago

We just got some Frose’s from Kings in at afew of our local liquor stores. Pretty good

cant wait till I get these RAR collabs with Cookies and Zkittles in. Really curious about those

Where you located? We had gotten some in DE a few weeks ago

We just got some Frose’s from Kings in at afew of our local liquor stores. Pretty good

cant wait till I get these RAR collabs with Cookies and Zkittles in. Really curious about those
california.

yet to try some rar beers.

california.

yet to try some rar beers.
I got a few guys that usually grab RAR drops on IG. They obviously tax heavy but they are reliable and theres really no other way to get em. DM me if you want their names

You were asking about RARs before. The first one i tried had maple which i didnt like. Everything since has been money. Def not a beer for the true beer drinkers, but for my personal tastes they hit the spot. Just wish they were higher abv. Def suggest trying some since it seems like we have similar tastes.

everybody add me on untapped, crownroyaldaddy

2020 was a great realization year. I think I bought three beers on draft. It's crazy how much these breweries rely on that markup. I still do canned releases. I'm glad many have finally started to do that. If any shop can breakdown a four pack into singles and charge me 50% more, I'm still down for that as it's still cheaper than draft pours.

Are places still seeing lines for hyped releases? We've seen a general downturn in my area. Lots of unemployment and many going with grocery store Mainstays for $6-$10. Speciality appears to be out at the moment. Outdoor dining is in but I realized I don't need to try everything. Package is the way of the future. I hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom