NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG-0546.jpg

Had this last night. A good friend of mine had never tried anything from Floodland, & he's into saisons/sours/wilds/ as much as I am. Another exquisite bottle, and have been nothing but thoroughly impressed with Flood.
PXL_20210620_022952364.jpg PXL_20210620_022959950.jpg
Bonus pic. He brought over a few things to sip on. I only tried the EC18, as I didn't eat too much for dinner, & didn't want to mess with the possibility of a hangover. It was soooo damn smooth, & it was perfectly sweet on the tongue.
PXL_20210620_005316772.jpg

Picked up a 4-pack of OH cans for the 4th and I can say with certainty that I'm over da haze. Ended up drinking one can of Mosaic+Galaxy, gave the rest away, and stuck to PBR cans for the rest of the night. :lol:

It's just too exhausting to drink after a while. If I want an IPA I'll grab something like Sip Of Sunshine moving forward.

Other Half coming to Philly :pimp: :pimp: right across from the Fillmore in the old Goose Island location. They probably got a steal on the building.

Ive been running through a ton of the Summer Variety 15 packs from Troegs. By far my favorite regional brewery

Picked up a 4-pack of OH cans for the 4th and I can say with certainty that I'm over da haze. Ended up drinking one can of Mosaic+Galaxy, gave the rest away, and stuck to PBR cans for the rest of the night. :lol:

It's just too exhausting to drink after a while. If I want an IPA I'll grab something like Sip Of Sunshine moving forward.

been getting back to "basic" ipa's as well...don't know what it is but w.c. ipa's have been hitting the spot lately.

toppling goliath just started distro in texas so i grabbed some king and pseudo sue. it's pretty good but wasn't blown away by it...

been linking up with locals for out of state trades. These dudes/chicks are paying like 10-15 a can for oh/trillium/monkish. ****s crazy. Nobody really sells out in houston anymore. Feel like there are plenty of great local breweries for a fraction of the cost. Guess they like paying for the labels.

been getting back to "basic" ipa's as well...don't know what it is but w.c. ipa's have been hitting the spot lately.

toppling goliath just started distro in texas so i grabbed some king and pseudo sue. it's pretty good but wasn't blown away by it...

been linking up with locals for out of state trades. These dudes/chicks are paying like 10-15 a can for oh/trillium/monkish. ****s crazy. Nobody really sells out in houston anymore. Feel like there are plenty of great local breweries for a fraction of the cost. Guess they like paying for the labels.
As time goes on trading for the whales of the past becomes more and more obsolete. Da haze is no longer limited to the Northeast and other random pockets of the country, and nowadays a lot of the local options are just as good. Also doesn't help that most breweries rely on subtle variations of the same 5-10 hops in different combinations over and over again.

I feel like more and more breweries are straying away from hazy beers though. The new Grimm Anniversary TIPA looks more transparent than translucent, Root & Branch has been dabbling in more west coast-style IPAs, and the warmer weather has people favoring crisp and clean over thick and heavy. Drinking something that palate-wrecking becomes exhausting after a while.

my buddy is going to Vermont next week with the intent to hit up Lawson's, Alchemist, and Hill Farmstead

checked out what's available and looking forward to the Wit and Saison available at Alchemist the most 🤷‍♂️

I'll end up getting Skadoosh most likely and maybe an IPA or two from Hill Farmstead

I agree I can’t drink anymore hazy IPAs atm. I had so many the last 2 years and I’m sort of over it now. I’ve been sticking mostly to stellas and lagers and ales now mostly.

Back
Top Bottom