NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I had that bacon maple ale a few weeks ago. I have to say it was not the hit of the party. Definitely very smoky and distinct maple flavor. 100% not worth the extra price.

Sadly or luckily, we could brew done Smoked malt beer on our own doing that that a much better "campfire" taste than what is bight in stores

Last edited:
im headed to the rogue brewery next weekend to drink and do come crabbing... we always get **** faced on the pier... i need more growlers!!!!!...

I've been killing surly hell lately.

dsc02847.jpg

I thought this was one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. Actually, it might be the only beer that I could not drink. It tasted like liquid smoke :x

Absolutely agree. Had it a few weeks ago. Terrible.
We were watching the UFC and served up a taste to everyone there (8 of us). Everyone took 1-2 sips and tossed it.
I will say that it smelled awsome.

-J-

^^^I didn't get into beer at all until maybe 2 to 3 years ago, and even then it was mostly lighter, malt-like beers that didn't have any kind of hops or bitterness to them. Used to drink Blue Moon and Hoegaarden and now I never order that stuff, I tend to stick with IPA's. It really and truly is an acquired taste, and while it's a great thing to appreciate, I had a much easier time staying in shape when I wasn't much of a beer drinker.

When did most of you guys start drinking beer?

I tried a few and they were horrible.

about a year after graduating college. finally got a little bit of cash after working and decided to try old rasputin. it was a wrap after that.

old-rasputin-russian-imperial-stout.jpg

there's a lot of different styles...i'd try them before writing beer off altogether. me personally, i like the super malty stuff (imperial russian stouts like old rasputin) and belgian darks (like chimay blue). give those a shot.

if you just don't like beer, don't force yourself to like it. craft beer can be an expensive hobby.

When did most of you guys start drinking beer?
I tried a few and they were horrible.

when I turned 22, I turn 23 next month. When I was 21 and younger I pretty much just stuck to 40's and vodka mixed with juice :lol: :lol:

Beers are all different, IMO try and stay away from budweiser/MGD/budlight those are just disgusting garbage, and Corona too, stuff smells/tastes like piss :stoneface:

try a cold Heineken, New Castle, or Stella, those are all real smooth beers, Sapporo is another favorite of mine too. If you can go to a pub then just ask for their best octoberfest beer, usually some awesome stuff :pimp:

New brewery in the Grand Rapids area, Perrin Brewing... Heard the beer is good and they took Founders head Brewmaster which is quite a feat... Will never try one of their beers because the owners niece is on my boycott list... Hope they fail but they should be pretty successfu

Anybody have an estimated timeline for DFH 120IPA to hit the shelves??? My body is ready

New brewery in the Grand Rapids area, Perrin Brewing... Heard the beer is good and they took Founders head Brewmaster which is quite a feat... Will never try one of their beers because the owners niece is on my boycott list... Hope they fail but they should be pretty successfu

Anybody have an estimated timeline for DFH 120IPA to hit the shelves??? My body is ready

pics? backstory?

Right now, I'm sipping on St. Arnold's Christmas Ale. I'm not sure if it's the same one that people were raving about last year, but it's not bad... not bad at all.

Went out to Oceanside this Wednesday for the stone mint chocolate stout release. I had 3 :nerd:z glasses at the store and took home a 2 liter growler. They finished both kegs by 3pm. The stout is amazing!!
Nice. I tried some of the Mint Chocolate Stout over at the Pasadena Stone Store that just opened up. First time I was there they had some Sublimely Self Righteous Ale brewed with espresso beans on tap that was ridiculously good. They just had their official grand opening a few days ago and happened to have some Enjoyby on tap when I last stopped in. Also had some Ruination brewed with habanero which was interesting. Currently sipping on the last of some Double Bastard I brought home in a growler.

Last edited:
Nice. I tried some of the Mint Chocolate Stout over at the Pasadena Stone Store that just opened up.

Read about this place, it sounds like its standing room only though and no where to really sit, How is the taproom on a friday night? long line? Are most people just going here to fill their growler or what? Also if you get your growler filled do they sell the beer cold or at room temperature?

just had goose island harvest ale the other night for the first time. goose island makes great beer all around.

Nice. I tried some of the Mint Chocolate Stout over at the Pasadena Stone Store that just opened up.
Read about this place, it sounds like its standing room only though and no where to really sit, How is the taproom on a friday night? long line? Are most people just going here to fill their growler or what? Also if you get your growler filled do they sell the beer cold or at room temperature?
It is standing room only at the counter, however, they do have a patio with 4 tables (with chairs) and they allow customers to bring their own food. It's in the Del Mar Metro Station plaza where Luggage Room Pizza is located and I've seen people eating pizza out on the patio. That said, during peak hours the tables are usually all taken.

I've been there on three separate Fridays. The first two times was during their soft opening. Don't know if people hadn't heard about them being open or what not but during the first two visits it was rather empty.  Last Friday I stopped in (which was the day after their official grand opening) and there was a bit of a line at about 6pm, I'd say 6-8 people waiting to be served, and all counter space and tables were taken. It's hard to say if it will continue to be like this on Fridays because Wednesdays and Fridays are going to be specialty growler fill night so it might be this way at least for a while. They have their specialty growler fill calendar right on the Stone home page, by the way.

Servings are available in 4, 8, and 16 oz and from what I have seen people seem to order beers to taste on site in addition to their growler orders. Lastly, all beer is sold cold and ready to consume, including growlers, but growlers can not be consumed on site.

It is standing room only at the counter, however, they do have a patio with 4 tables (with chairs) and they allow customers to bring their own food. It's in the Del Mar Metro Station plaza where Luggage Room Pizza is located and I've seen people eating pizza out on the patio. That said, during peak hours the tables are usually all taken.

I've been there on three separate Fridays. The first two times was during their soft opening. Don't know if people hadn't heard about them being open or what not but during the first two visits it was rather empty.  Last Friday I stopped in (which was the day after their official grand opening) and there was a bit of a line at about 6pm, I'd say 6-8 people waiting to be served, and all counter space and tables were taken. It's hard to say if it will continue to be like this on Fridays because Wednesdays and Fridays are going to be specialty growler fill night so it might be this way at least for a while. They have their specialty growler fill calendar right on the Stone home page, by the way.

Servings are available in 4, 8, and 16 oz and from what I have seen people seem to order beers to taste on site in addition to their growler orders. Lastly, all beer is sold cold and ready to consume, including growlers, but growlers can not be consumed on site.

good heads up. yeah I think I will just stick to congregation ale house for the time being. I'll have to check this place out in a few months and buy a growler and get something good to take home in it.

good heads up. yeah I think I will just stick to congregation ale house for the time being. I'll have to check this place out in a few months and buy a growler and get something good to take home in it.
Can't go wrong with Congregation Ale House. Plenty of good beers (and food) to be had there.

Can't go wrong with Congregation Ale House. Plenty of good beers (and food) to be had there.

IMO food is slightly overpriced, unless you order fries, since you get enough for 3 people for $4 bucks. The flatbreads are solid, tried duck and bacon once, it was super tasty but just not worth $8, worth more like $5-6 but they do serve food until like 12:15am :lol:. Tried the portebello burger($7 or $8?) and that thing was like the size of a whopper jr. and didn't at all taste that great. Last 5-6 visits there I just order brew. But the women there are seriously disappointing, over my visits there i've probably been rejected 12-15 times, had one successfull conversation amidst that. Actually went there last friday, saw this super cute 21-22 year old girl at the bar with her friend, sat next to her and asked her what she was eating, she said salad n pulls out her phone. I ask her something else or said something to her and she completely ignores me and continues texting on her iphone, stared at her 30 seconds waiting for a reply before i gave up n went back to drinking my beer 0] . This was at the Azusa chapter if it matters.

Gonna hit up a different local bar next friday, little more hip , younger crowd so I should do better with women hopefully >D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom